PDA

View Full Version : You know you have UAS when...

pdxuke
03-17-2010, 03:40 PM
You can't fit all the ukes you own in your signature line.

(Take it away, boys and girls. Next?)

kissing
03-17-2010, 03:48 PM
When you played your uke in bed, and woke up with it...!

fahrner
03-17-2010, 03:49 PM
You know you have UAS when...
A fellow UUer posts a message asking about an online ukulele shop.
You open the post cause your familiar with the store but instead of responding and helping the guy out you go to the online store and buy another ukulele.

Skitzic
03-17-2010, 03:57 PM
When the significant other asks what uke to buy you for the next holiday.

SuperSecretBETA
03-17-2010, 04:07 PM
WARNING: KILLJOYS AND CYNICISM AHEAD (unless you like those kind of jokes)
... the money can be used to pay off your debt or put into savings/retirement, but you buy it anyway.
... you try to separate your needs from your wants, but another ukulele is listed as a need.
... you think your spouse is the problem.
... Haiti and Chile can wait.

:p

Skitzic
03-17-2010, 04:11 PM
WARNING: KILLJOYS AND CYNICISM AHEAD (unless you like those kind of jokes)
... the money can be used to pay off your debt or put into savings/retirement, but you buy it anyway.
... you try to separate your needs from your wants, but another ukulele is listed as a need.
... you think your spouse is the problem.
... Haiti and Chile can wait.

:p

Is it wrong I LOLed at the last one?

Sambient
03-17-2010, 04:19 PM
You see a commercial for leasing an expensive car and think of how many ukuleles you could have if you could shell out that kind of dough each month.

fahrner
03-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Yes, it is wrong but all part of UAS.
This is a great thread. I'm LOLing on all of them.

haolejohn
03-17-2010, 04:24 PM
You know you have UAS when...
A fellow UUer posts a message asking about an online ukulele shop.
You open the post cause your familiar with the store but instead of responding and helping the guy out you go to the online store and buy another ukulele.

That is a good one.

You skip eating out to fund your next uke purchase.

Skitzic
03-17-2010, 04:27 PM
That is a good one.

You skip eating out to fund your next uke purchase.

You skip eating in general to fund the next one.

...and sleep on the couch until we can afford to buy food again. Gods love that man, I don't think I could put up with my crap.

haolejohn
03-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Is it wrong I LOLed at the last one?

Not really. i just means that you have a sense of humor (dark maybe but I loled as well).
I'm sure you weren't laughing at the situations in thoise two countries, you were LOLing at your situation b/c let's be honest we all could have donated more if we had wanted.

MGM
03-17-2010, 05:18 PM
When price doesnt matter lol

grubblybubbly
03-17-2010, 05:51 PM
when you are a senior member on a ukulele forum...

Ahnko Honu
03-17-2010, 05:59 PM
When you daily surf eBay and Craigslist for 'ukulele deals even when you have no money to buy a new 'ukulele.

Ron
03-17-2010, 06:34 PM
...when you use the power bill money for new strings because playing them is going to light up the world anyway

portlandjosh
03-17-2010, 06:47 PM
When you have to navigate around the tall cardboard boxes stacked in your cube, 'cause you haven't told your wife you bought a bunch of new ukes!

eleuke
03-17-2010, 07:12 PM
When you think building your own could be the answer! (Or when you get out of the shower and proclaim, "I haven't a single thing to play!"

bbycrts
03-17-2010, 07:17 PM
When you have to navigate around the tall cardboard boxes stacked in your cube, 'cause you haven't told your wife you bought a bunch of new ukes!

I laughed out loud at the other ones. This one made me get real quiet like. Because I've been there.

Deets
03-17-2010, 08:52 PM
you know you have uas when...
A fellow uuer posts a message asking about an online ukulele shop.

I'm a girl!

>:[

countrybumpkin
03-17-2010, 09:09 PM
When you daily surf eBay and Craigslist for 'ukulele deals even when you have no money to buy a new 'ukulele.

I can relate to that.

countrybumpkin
03-17-2010, 09:10 PM
When you send your ebay win ukulele to your friend's house so you have time to figure out how to tell your wife

tad
03-17-2010, 09:37 PM
...When you frequently find yourself praying that SOMEBODY will outbid you, 'cause you really can't afford it...

fahrner
03-18-2010, 06:27 AM
I'm a girl!

>:[
I was trying to protect your identity.

fahrner
03-18-2010, 06:31 AM
When price doesnt matter lol
When you spouse says "buy one more uke and you sleep on the couch".
You immediately email MGM asking for advice.
MGM of course says, "buy the more expensive one".
And you do,

Skitzic
03-18-2010, 06:38 AM
When you send your ebay win ukulele to your friend's house so you have time to figure out how to tell your wife

:agree: I vote for this one as the winner. I don't think I could send it somewhere else. I just say "I did it and I'm sorry..." then suffer for a few days. By the time the uke gets to the house he's already forgotten he was mad at me.

mailman
03-18-2010, 08:49 AM
....you find yourself buying a soprano when you know you prefer concerts.

....you buy an acoustic/electric uke, but don't own an amp.

....you consider buying broken "project ukes" on eBay to save money.

....you spend as much time uke shopping as you do uke playing.

Wait a minute. I've done all of these....

UKISOCIETY
03-18-2010, 08:58 AM

Naw, that's what your work address is for! :)

Skitzic
03-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Naw, that's what your work address is for! :)

No man...my significant other works at the same place, I know someone would rat me out.

That or he'd see me put it in the car to go home.

Sambient
03-18-2010, 11:14 PM
You're weighing out going on your annual trip vs. more ukuleles!

MGM
03-19-2010, 02:00 AM
when your annual trip is to buy a ukulele...

Chris Tarman
03-19-2010, 01:37 PM

Done that.

Chris Tarman
03-19-2010, 01:41 PM
...When you frequently find yourself praying that SOMEBODY will outbid you, 'cause you really can't afford it...

Done that too...

Chris Tarman
03-19-2010, 01:44 PM
When you can't decide between matte or gloss so you get both, and then realize you also need both matte and gloss with both amber AND pearl tuners.

nohandles
03-20-2010, 01:19 AM
When you just buy it and don't care any more.

StereoJoker
03-20-2010, 08:11 AM
...you excuse yourself from the dinner table repeatedly to check your status in a ukulele bidding war (also applies to checking the shipping status)

...you have a nasty bout of the flu and you still decide to sit at your computer and browse vintage ukes for hours at a time

...your friends have staged an intervention because your ukulele hobby has turned into a mad addiction

(all true, by the way)

Chris Tarman
03-20-2010, 01:52 PM
...you excuse yourself from the dinner table repeatedly to check your status in a ukulele bidding war (also applies to checking the shipping status)

...you have a nasty bout of the flu and you still decide to sit at your computer and browse vintage ukes for hours at a time

...your friends have staged an intervention because your ukulele hobby has turned into a mad addiction

(all true, by the way)

I've done the first two but not the third.

shwee
03-20-2010, 04:23 PM
When you played your uke in bed, and woke up with it...!

When you've played your uke in bed, and woke up with a DIFFERENT one.

MGM
03-20-2010, 05:21 PM
whenyou receive boxes of a uke you won on ebay and dont even remeber buying it since you bid on so many

MGM
03-20-2010, 05:23 PM
oh and when you try to answer these post with one handed texting on a blackberry while driving and eating at the same time

PorkLover
03-20-2010, 09:44 PM
oh and when you try to answer these post with one handed texting on a blackberry while driving and eating at the same time

LOLs awesome.

When the visit to a uke shop to "just check it out" ends up with you bringing it home...
... or another one that cost 5x more
... or both.

The shame.

Chris Tarman
03-21-2010, 07:29 AM
When you've played your uke in bed, and woke up with a DIFFERENT one.

That is HILARIOUS!

Chris Tarman
03-21-2010, 07:30 AM
When you order a uke from your favorite dealer and he sends you an extra one as a thank you.

bill80132
03-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Is it UAS when I spend the price of a new Beansprout banjo uke to have the old banjo uke I have owned since the '60s fixed up??

How about when I arrange to have a music instrument factory in Guangdong, China ship a ukulele to my hotel room in Shanghai while I am there on vacation next month??

fahrner
03-22-2010, 02:35 PM
When you order a uke from your favorite dealer and he sends you an extra one as a thank you.

When you forward this post to your favorite dealer with the hope he will take the hint.

fwd:MGM

Skitzic
03-22-2010, 02:48 PM
When you try to convince your fiancÚ that you want your honeymoon to be a cruise to Hawaii but he realizes it's just a ploy to buy a sweet k brand ukulele that has the wood grain you've been dreaming about...

StereoJoker
03-22-2010, 06:12 PM
...any non-ukulele purchase sets off the fraudulent activity monitors at your credit card company's headquarters

Chris Tarman
03-22-2010, 07:00 PM
...any non-ukulele purchase sets off the fraudulent activity monitors at your credit card company's headquarters

This one is probably my favorite so far!

idrnoel
03-22-2010, 09:30 PM
When you go on vacation overseas and the only thing you could think of buying as souvenir is an ukulele.