You know you have UAS when...

pdxuke

Reaction score
You can't fit all the ukes you own in your signature line.

(Take it away, boys and girls. Next?)

A fellow UUer posts a message asking about an online ukulele shop.
You open the post cause your familiar with the store but instead of responding and helping the guy out you go to the online store and buy another ukulele.

When the significant other asks what uke to buy you for the next holiday.

WARNING: KILLJOYS AND CYNICISM AHEAD (unless you like those kind of jokes)
... the money can be used to pay off your debt or put into savings/retirement, but you buy it anyway.
... you try to separate your needs from your wants, but another ukulele is listed as a need.
... you think your spouse is the problem.
... Haiti and Chile can wait.

:p

WARNING: KILLJOYS AND CYNICISM AHEAD (unless you like those kind of jokes)
... the money can be used to pay off your debt or put into savings/retirement, but you buy it anyway.
... you try to separate your needs from your wants, but another ukulele is listed as a need.
... you think your spouse is the problem.
... Haiti and Chile can wait.

:p

Is it wrong I LOLed at the last one?

You see a commercial for leasing an expensive car and think of how many ukuleles you could have if you could shell out that kind of dough each month.

A fellow UUer posts a message asking about an online ukulele shop.
You open the post cause your familiar with the store but instead of responding and helping the guy out you go to the online store and buy another ukulele.

That is a good one.

You skip eating out to fund your next uke purchase.

That is a good one.

You skip eating out to fund your next uke purchase.

You skip eating in general to fund the next one.

...and sleep on the couch until we can afford to buy food again. Gods love that man, I don't think I could put up with my crap.

Is it wrong I LOLed at the last one?

Not really. i just means that you have a sense of humor (dark maybe but I loled as well).
I'm sure you weren't laughing at the situations in thoise two countries, you were LOLing at your situation b/c let's be honest we all could have donated more if we had wanted.

when you are a senior member on a ukulele forum...

When you daily surf eBay and Craigslist for 'ukulele deals even when you have no money to buy a new 'ukulele.

...when you use the power bill money for new strings because playing them is going to light up the world anyway

When you have to navigate around the tall cardboard boxes stacked in your cube, 'cause you haven't told your wife you bought a bunch of new ukes!

When you think building your own could be the answer! (Or when you get out of the shower and proclaim, "I haven't a single thing to play!"

When you have to navigate around the tall cardboard boxes stacked in your cube, 'cause you haven't told your wife you bought a bunch of new ukes!

I laughed out loud at the other ones. This one made me get real quiet like. Because I've been there.

you know you have uas when...
A fellow uuer posts a message asking about an online ukulele shop.

I'm a girl!

>:[

Last edited:
Top Bottom