Machine Head Pegs

Fred Miu

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
the problem might not be your machine heads. like i said in that one thread... nylon stretches. its just its nature. and unless you have some sort of polymer composite hoodad material as your strings like worth's fluorocarbon, its just inherent in nylon's nature to stretch and settle.

over time, they will eventually reach that happy medium where its desire to settle and the tension stretching the line basically cancel each other out. but till that happens, you will be stuck tuning your uke everytime you pick her up.

to test if its your tuners, you can do a few things...

tune your uke first... then take a pic of the tuners. basically, document their position. then the next day, pick up your uke and just check if its in tune... chances are its not. look at the tuning knobs and compare them to the pic you took the day before. if they have moved, then your tuners suck, and you need new ones.

if its not the machines, then i would suggest investing in a decent tuner. something chromatic that clips on to the headstock like the IMT500. then you can always basically tune on the fly.

its really high quality.. once my strings are streched out and broken in, it never gets out of tune.. the gearing is 16:1, so you get some really fine tuning!

wow...thats really good. ive noticed my other uke, since the strings are broken in, i dont have to re-tune it. but it was never one of those ALWAYS goes out of tune pegs anyway.

Top Bottom