UAS is technically in remission....

paraclete

Reaction score
...but I am waiting for a Dolphin... the Makala type... in purple...

For my 6 year old, of course. (yeah, right, I hear you all laughing collectively) She's turning 7 on Sunday. I hope she likes it. She had a difficult time deciding which color to get.

Other than that, my UAS has been in remission. The actual act of purchasing sent me on another several hours' worth of drooling over ebay auctions. But I'm good... only bought the dolphin. I still love my Kelii. Maybe it helps that I have a half dozen other instruments that demand my time.

I've been focusing hard on learning new music for gigs. Maybe that helps too...

Distraction...

That's the only way to keep sane when UAS starts waking up.

But distracted by what?

Unfortunately, most Ukers are distracted by ukulele-related thoughts
and activities. Hence, the rapid spiraling into another bout with UAS.

Oh well,...

There is no remission it is always there. Be aware brother, get help, talk it through. Buy different strings anything. When I turned 50 I bought my self a beautiful Antonio Carvalho soprano. I can hear my self saying that's the last ukulele. I sold every thing else. The last ukulele my foot. I went on to buy a tenor by Carvalho a Kala slim line soprano and a Guitalele. REMEMBER there is no REMISSION.

My UAS is in remission the best treatment being lack of finances. I haven't gotten a new 'ukulele since December 26, 2009, and that one was paid for 6 months earlier.

UAS remission is a myth. It's better to just accept it, and limit yourself to one savings account dedicated to ukuleles.

LOL! There IS remission... just no cure! Of course, that means the littlest thing could trigger a relapse... ;)

My UAS is in remission the best treatment being lack of finances. I haven't gotten a new 'ukulele since December 26, 2009, and that one was paid for 6 months earlier.

It isn't even three months. I do NOT consider you in any way, shape, or form to be healed. At 6 months we'll talk.

So I'm technically in remission, since I haven't actually PURCHASED a ukulele since April 2009.

BUT, my wife has purchased me 2 since then. One for my birthday in June 2009 (Travel Flea!), and one for anniversary in Oct 2009 (Pineapple Sunday).

So, I personally think my UAS is in remission, although I will be visiting Kauai next month for a wedding. They did ask if I would play a little for them. I'm not bringing a uke, so I guess I will be purchasing another one April 2010.

Is 1 year long enough to claim no UAS???

Cheers,
Skottoman

My UAS is definitely in remission. My last ukulele was purchased 10 months ago, and I don't have any plans to purchase another.

Of course, in the 3+ years we have been playing, my husband and I have acquired 21 ukuleles, and played about 40 or 50 others. Due to our space limitations, we have sold and/or gifted the majority of these ukuleles to others. We are now down to our "permanent" collection. I have 5 ukuleles and he has 2.

I have extracted the promise of a custom ukulele for our 20th anniversary from my husband (Who needs more jewelry when you can have playable art instead?), but since that's a couple of years away I feel like it doesn't really count for UAS. :)

I don't have a problem

I can stop anytime I want. . . . Ukulele 12 step is in order

It isn't even three months. I do NOT consider you in any way, shape, or form to be healed. At 6 months we'll talk.

I'll never be healed that I accept.

Ukulele 12 step? Hah! I have 13! I suppose technically I am in remission since I haven't bought a ukulele in 8 days.

Denial is the first sign of addiction.

So I'm technically in remission, since I haven't actually PURCHASED a ukulele since April 2009.

BUT, my wife has purchased me 2 since then. One for my birthday in June 2009 (Travel Flea!), and one for anniversary in Oct 2009 (Pineapple Sunday).

So, I personally think my UAS is in remission, although I will be visiting Kauai next month for a wedding. They did ask if I would play a little for them. I'm not bringing a uke, so I guess I will be purchasing another one April 2010.

Is 1 year long enough to claim no UAS???
UAS by Proxy....Whole new discussion here! There could be hidden UAS sufferers out there.
UAS by Proxy ... ????

Yes, my wife has been supporting my UAS habit I guess... UAS by PROXY!!!

Who else has an enabler? I do. :)
Cheers,
Skottoman

Yes, my wife has been supporting my UAS habit I guess... UAS by PROXY!!!

Who else has an enabler? I do. :)
Cheers,
Skottoman
My hubby is a total enabler...... and a gear head to boot. The house is full of ukes, guitars, basses, flutes, drums, and the garage is full of speakers, monitors, amps, mic's, stands, speaker stands, mixing boards and miles of cables of all kinds. And he doesn't play any instruments, but he's a wonderful sound man.

My hubby is a total enabler...... and a gear head to boot. The house is full of ukes, guitars, basses, flutes, drums, and the garage is full of speakers, monitors, amps, mic's, stands, speaker stands, mixing boards and miles of cables of all kinds. And he doesn't play any instruments, but he's a wonderful sound man.

Awesome!!! I'm a sound man by trade for the past 20 years. Although I gave up the miles of cables, massive amounts of studio gear for the simplicity of a simple ukulele.
Cheers,
Skottoman

Top Bottom