Wait for it....

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
There is no shortage of UAS sufferers here, so maybe some of you can relate....

I absolutely LOVE the anticipation involved in waiting for a new uke delivery. That little-kid-waiting-for-Christmas feeling, that looking-out-the-window-watching-for-the-mail-truck urge. This is the only time that I feel like my UAS is under control (not cured, under control). It won't flare back up until the package arrives and I've opened it.

Anybody else love this feeling, or am I the Lone Ranger here? I'm waiting for a uke now, and loving every minute of it....

I don't buy them very often, which is good. I prowl around the house getting nothing done if I have to wait. It's horrible. A good horrible.

I get ancy waiting for ukes.. I'm currently checking a UPS tracking page for my Yamaha Guitalele from Germany about...... every 10 minutes! Its expected monday, so I'll be glued tot he site until then haha.

I just checked the tracking number....

On the way, and on time! Expected delivery date....tomorrow! Woo-hoo!

(don't quite understand why it's coming UPS when the ad said USPS Priority Mail....grrrr!)

It's 12:30 PM and I'm sitting out on the front porch waiting for a big brown truck. Thank goodness for laptops....

You're not the only one. I'm even like that when waiting for my strings to arrive!

Back in the 80s when I was buying a lot of drum equipment and before we all had cmputers, I would calculate the arrival and almost die when the "big brown truck" kept on going passed my house.

It's here! And I couldn't be happier!

The auction ended at this time on Monday, I sent the payment on Tuesday morning, now here it is Friday, barely four days total and the uke is here. The uke is gorgeous, as advertized, and so far it sounds great. When I've had some time to play it a while I'll post a more detailed review. Pictures will have to wait until my wife gets home with the camera.

The UPS driver saw me on the porch and said, "So you knew I was coming, huh?":D

Well, as much as I love the anticipation....it's over. For this time....

Ahh, I envy you! My first uke was shipped last Tuesday, but it's really taking its time to get here! As much as I understand the fun in anticipation, it's a bummer having to wait over the weekend when there's no mail delivery. ;) I wanna start playing!

I have it on good authority that we have Saturday mail delivery here in the States.... Look at it as stretching the joy of anticipation. :D

Top Bottom