Amusing craigslist listing

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I got a kick out of the last line of this listing on craigslist san francisco:

"Kala acacia tenor ukulele with slotted headstock! Beautiful uke made of acacia ( same family as koa) strung with worth brown strings in high G. Uke has a matte finish. Comes with a case and chord book. Uke was bought new in January from musicguy mike in Hawaii. If you know who he is, you know he's a great ukulele seller on eBay who sets up uke's great. Practically Brand new! The slotted headstock looks awesome. $265 obo. May trade for a nice pineapple concert ukulele or a good smoker for smoking meats."

Pretty uke, BTW.

Last edited:
ooooooooommmmomommmommooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . bacon. . .

Does this include George Foreman grills? I would gladly trade a George Foreman grill for a Kala acacia.

How about a Tupperware family sized micro-steamer?

Funny true story. Several years ago I had a big smoker on the side of my house someone gave me for smoking meats. My friend Troy showed interest in it, and since I wasn't using it I said he could have it as long as he comes and hauls it away. The day he could come I had planned to take the family out so I told my friend to just come in the yard and help himself to it. I lived in the back house my in-laws (outlaws) living in the front house including my wife's kid brother Guy. When I got home my younger son who was 6 years old at the time ran ahead to the house ahead of us and suddenly I hear his panic stricken voice yelling "OH NO! OH NO!" We run back and he looks so freaked out so I ask what's the matter and he exclaims "someone took Uncle Guy away!" while pointing at a note on my door. I look and the note reads "I took the big smoker away. Thanks, Troy." My son continued this time sobbing "someone took Uncle Guy away" My wife's kid brother was a big dude and also a chain smoker so my son naturally thought the note referred to his uncle. In hindsight I wish some did take him away back then. Hahaha.

My neighbor is a smoker. I'd trade him for a Kala acacia.

Funny true story. Several years ago I had a big smoker on the side of my house someone gave me for smoking meats. My friend Troy showed interest in it, and since I wasn't using it I said he could have it as long as he comes and hauls it away. The day he could come I had planned to take the family out so I told my friend to just come in the yard and help himself to it. I lived in the back house my in-laws (outlaws) living in the front house including my wife's kid brother Guy. When I got home my younger son who was 6 years old at the time ran ahead to the house ahead of us and suddenly I hear his panic stricken voice yelling "OH NO! OH NO!" We run back and he looks so freaked out so I ask what's the matter and he exclaims "someone took Uncle Guy away!" while pointing at a note on my door. I look and the note reads "I took the big smoker away. Thanks, Troy." My son continued this time sobbing "someone took Uncle Guy away" My wife's kid brother was a big dude and also a chain smoker so my son naturally thought the note referred to his uncle. In hindsight I wish some did take him away back then. Hahaha.

Thats a great story Ahnko, thanks for sharing it with us.

That is hilarious.

HAHAHA that's great! Children are awesome like that. I love some of the things my 4-7 year old cousins say. :)

HAHAHA that's great! Children are awesome like that. I love some of the things my 4-7 year old cousins say. :)

I was visiting my little niece once, and on a table as a centerpiece at the house there was a minature Bonsai Rubber Tree. I aksed my niece "is that a Rubber Tree?" She looked at me incredulously then replied "of course not, it's a real one".

Top Bottom