What size am I?

xoukulele

Reaction score
So I got a couple of ukes since my last post and really trying to come to terms with the purchases. My first uke was a kala soprano from MGM and then thought I wanted/needed a bigger better more musical instrument. Hemmed and hawed and bought a concert Ohana CK-35gs from MGM (with about the worst case ever made that I had to basically take apart and rebuild, don't get me started).

I opened the box, the smell was great, it was beautiful. I tuned it up, strummed whatever chords I know (I'm new) but something just did not feel right and I could not put my finger on it. I liked the size of the neck and fret spacing and it took me a while to figure out what it was until I picked up my kala soprano and there it was. The size of the body, though not significantly different, is different enough that it really felt, well, different and not exactly good. I'm kind of bummed. Also, the gloss though pretty is slippery to me at least and think I prefer a matte finish.

In the meantime I also ordered a sprucehouse s-o which though it is not a 'pretty' as the ohana has a simple handbuilt quality to it. I do not like friction tuners and considering getting pegheds but the body just feels right.

So I am going to get another uke. Thinking of a pineapple now or a soprano with a concert neck. Any thoughts????

I'm likely going to sell my Ohana as I do not think it is going to get played much. I find I pick up my kala a lot. Stays in tune, always out of its case. Kind of funny that the least expensive is the most played. Go figure. Keep an eye out for the ohana.

Top Bottom