Opinions needed!

I would go with the Kelii.They both seem like good ukes to me (but I'm by no means knowledgeable about high end ukes), but I know for a fact the musicguymic is trustworthy. Also, and this might be vain of me, but I think the wood on the Kelii is much prettier. :) Also, whoever's selling the Mele is charging $40 for the case, but musicguymic includes a case and humidifier in his price.

I've got a Kelii soprano in koa/mahog.... I LOVE it! It's loud and everything I want a uke to be. At the time I bought it, I was also looking at Meles. I don't regret getting the Kelii at all. Plus, it's made in Hawaii. And MGM is a wonderful dealer... fast shipping, great setups, free case, etc. Go with the Kelii! :)

I don't know about the Kelii, but the Mele has a wider than average fretboard. I'd make sure you like it before buying.

We've got a Kelii koa soprano. It's a personal favorite one to play.
I've only played one Mele and I was suitably impressed with it that I do know that at some point I will have one of my own.

It's a tough choice here. I think you come out a winner either way you go.

(I might lean towards the Kellii though mostly because I do love the one we've got and because they're really underrated and great players and deserve wider notice.)

We've got a Kelii koa soprano. It's a personal favorite one to play.
I've only played one Mele and I was suitably impressed with it that I do know that at some point I will have one of my own.

It's a tough choice here. I think you come out a winner either way you go.

(I might lean towards the Kellii though mostly because I do love the one we've got and because they're really underrated and great players and deserve wider notice.)

This is good advice.

Me personally want both:)
After koaloha, Mele gets my nod. I have wanted to try a kelii but have yet to get my hands on one. One day I will. I agree with Lanark though, I do not think you can go wrong with either.

Don't know if this makes a difference to you but Keli'i is 100% made Hawai'i whereas the Mele is made in the Philippines then set up on Maui. They are both quality 'ukuleles and best buys. I personally lean towards the Keli'i as much as I love my Mele pineapple.

Top Bottom