"I hate those guys with the acoustic guitars in the Skyline Cafeteria!"

Robster

Reaction score
I found out a Facebook group was made for people to express their anger towards a group of my friends and I who always jam in the cafeteria with our acoustic guitars (obviously) and my ukulele. I never really thought bringing a guitar to school would generate enough hate in someone that it would drive them to create a Facebook group to express their hate.

Personally, I laughed when I saw this group.

What's your take on it?

Hate - no.
Irritation - probably sometimes - maybe a little envy also.
It's a joke.

Do any of them say why they hate you guys?

Do they just hate the whole idea of people getting together and playing guitars (and ukes)? Or is it because they're trying to eat lunch and talk to their friends, and find the music intrusive? Or some other reason?

JJ

Questions to ask

Are you actually intruding a public area with your jams?
Is what you play 'cafeteria' music?

=)

I've been trouble with police before for playing ukulele in a McDonalds. Not good.

I've been reading all these responses.

As I reply while in the cafeteria, acoustic guitar in my friend's hands, no one has said a thing so far. We just do this on a daily basis. Everyone's welcome to join the jam, it's just that not many people walk up to join.

No matter. I still have fun with the music.

Did you ever think that maybe you and your friends aren't really that good and that you annoy others?????

I'd have to say congratulations. If someone isn't pissed, you're doing it wrong ;)

I all seriousness though -JJ hit it on the head. There are quite a few reasons for someone to dislike what you are doing. I wouldn't worry about it unless you know what those resons are.

Top Bottom