Uke sounds terrible after may long!

Vroom

Reaction score
Okay, so I had made myself a humidifier for the case with a little pez thing and whatnot, but somehow it had fallen out when i put my uke in the case and went camping for 6 days with it and a load of friends. There were a couple days where the temperature in my car (yes I should not have left it in there) must have soared in the forties (celcius) which is wayyy too hot. I was really careless and now when I play it it resonates like crazy but in a very odd way. it sounds warped.

I guess I'll see what it sounds like when I get it back, because I don't know how to restring it and i got the guy i know at the music store here to do it overnight. I broke the low g as well so thats why i had it stored while i was camping...

either way im so screwed!

Oh yeah and I definitely haven't been on here since i left for camping. man so glad to be back on the comp and eating things other than hot dogs and beer.

I guess after my long story, what I am asking is.... Is there anyway to fix the sound? or is it permanent?

which uke was it the hawaii one or the makala? I'm sure its not warped, warped is just the term for like headstock if it bends due to the aging process and constantly changing humidity.

How can there be anything better than hotdogs and beer?

On the serious note, I hope everything works itself out. You should try restringing it yourself. It's very easy...i've now done it a couple times.

I agree with changing the strings. If it was hot enough, I would think your bridge would of came off since its only glued on. Try stringing it yourself. I think Nukedoc did a tutorial on stringing it.

alright thanks guys, I'll remember that for next time. yeah it was the makala one, but ... so i can't figure out what i want for a grad present i will probably get another uke.. hahah!

I never thought I'd be able to put on strings myself. I asked my husband if he could back me up on string changing. But then one day the first set of strings showed up, and I was home and had time on my hands, so I watched the UU video and NukeDoc's, and 20 minutes later, it turns out it wasn't no thang. :)

Vroomy.. you can handle it fo sho... plus if you change them yourself, you can probably get yourself some better strings than the ones they had at the store. In Edmonton, I could only find GHS Tenors... which do the trick until I get something else.

Top Bottom