KoAloha Overeagerness, Arghhh!

heyjude

Reaction score
Wow, do I feel stupid! I'm not going to be able to get the beautiful KoAloha tenor that I thought I was getting and that I wrote about in the "Another Free Tuner From MGM.
I'm used to Mike putting up pictures of the actual uke that for sale, but not this time. Way down the page amongst all those words is the statement that a stock KoAloha will be sent. The one with the white wood had been previously sold and being "busier than a one armed paper-hanger", he didn't get new pictures posted. That's the bad news.

The good news is he's going over to KoAloha this afternoon to pick up more ukes and will send me pictures of the tenors he brings back. He'll even try to find one with some white wood. I'll have the option of picking one out from the pictures or getting a refund. I think I'll find something I can live with.:)

The reason I was excited about the white in the wood is that I have a 2000 Oval sound hole soprano KoAloha that has some white wood in the one piece top. It'll be on the right end of my wall of KoAlohas and the new tenor will hold down the left end. All in all, I'll have two standard (soprano) scale, two concert scale and two tenor scale KoAlohas so this last one is very special to me. I will let you know how it goes. Take care,

Jude

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Jude. Well, at least you will be getting the pick of the new litter, or a refund. Hopefully he will find some with white wood in it so that you can still do your KoAloha bookends on the wall...

Hey Jude,

MGM will bring back some nice ones to pick from I'm sure. I was very happy with my choice of sopranos (KoAloha Dreamin thread). The one I chose had sapwood accents but the other one was gorgeous too!

Hey, what a kick in the pants. Is that what this statement means?
GIFT WRAPPING AND PERSONALIZED CARDS ARE AVAILABLE ....EMAIL FOR THIS FREE SERVICE. Actual ukulele Photo of instrument you will receive.. Heres what you get:
My interpretation was that the photo shown was the actual photo of the instrument you will receive.
Sorry Mike..... think this was a little mis-leading.
Jude, no need for you to feel stupid. Think Mike owes you a few extra sets of strings with this purchase.

Turns out I had incorrectly interpreted Jude s statement. My apologies to Mike and all. MGM continues to be a great uke seller.

Last edited:
I was kind of surprised when my recently purchased KoAloha Concert from MGM was not the one pictured, but it was a pleasant surprise as the one I got was much better looking ;-)

Hey, what a kick in the pants. Is that what this statement means?
GIFT WRAPPING AND PERSONALIZED CARDS ARE AVAILABLE ....EMAIL FOR THIS FREE SERVICE. Actual ukulele Photo of instrument you will receive.. Heres what you get:
My interpretation was that the photo shown was the actual photo of the instrument you will receive.
Sorry Mike..... think this was a little mis-leading.
Jude, no need for you to feel stupid. Think Mike owes you a few extra sets of strings with this purchase.

Are you sure all of Mike's ads say exactly the same thing? I know some include free cases and some don't....maybe some use stock photos and some are actual....

No, No. You don't understand. That quote was not in the listing for the uke I thought I was buying. My bad for not reading everything. Your quote was used in the other two KoAlohas I bought from Mike and I "assumed"* this one would be the same situation. I wanted to hit the GO button before someone else did. Mike doesn't owe me anything but the usual exemplar service that he gives.

*assume; makes an ASS-out of-U-and-Me :)

Jude

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up Jude.
Not the first time i've put my foot in my mouth.
Think Mike is a great guy and has a great operation which was part of the reason I was disappointed.
So, the one you bought is not the one I had been watching..... guess that was someone else. Mike sure moves a lot of ukes. good for him.
Again, thanks for clearing that up........ now I'm the one who feels stupid......

I have bought more than a few ukes from MGM and I have always received the uke that was in the pics.

Not to worry I'm sure that MGM will take care of you, Ive never had a bad experiance in all of my dealings with Mike.

I never saw a picture of the ukulele I bought from MGM. All I did was call him and tell him what kind of sound I wanted, what type of wood I thought I wanted, the size I wanted and my price range. I also wanted a pick-up installed. I had no idea what kind ukulele I wanted or could afford. I put my complete faith on my phone call with MGM. He thought a KoAloha would be just the ticket (slight paraphrase). He picked one out and I didn't see it until it arrived at my house. It is beautiful. Everything I want in an ukulele. And with Worth Clears!!!! (sorry, I couldn't resist)

I guess the point of my tale is that you will do well with MGM. He'll find you a very gorgeous ukulele. Have no fear.

My listings will usually say stock typical or actual ukulele. What happens sometimes is I list an Iten Actual picture IT SELLS I am too busy to take new pictures...I relist but change the words to STOCK Typical....still using same photos. Some people assume its still the old listing and dont reread it until they buy and find out they got a different uke and read what they actually bought was a stock typical

I wished I lived in Hawaii or at least in the USA to take advantage of MIke's expertise but living in Canada adds exchange rate and more expensive shipping rate. In Canadian dollars that can add over $100 to an item. So far the Kalas that I have purchased were available up here but not with Mike's expert set-ups. I hope some day to visit Hawaii which will definitely include a visit to MGM.

My listings will usually say stock typical or actual ukulele. What happens sometimes is I list an Iten Actual picture IT SELLS I am too busy to take new pictures...I relist but change the words to STOCK Typical....still using same photos. Some people assume its still the old listing and dont reread it until they buy and find out they got a different uke and read what they actually bought was a stock typical
Good job Mike.
Been watching your web site for the new batch of Koaloha Tenor's.

Hey Jude...don't be afraid...I got a uke now. i think is better...Remember to...wait thats a song How's this close enough??

028-7.jpg

Top Bottom