Any uke, what would you buy?

mangorockfish

Reaction score
What kind of uke would you buy if you could buy any uke out there? The catch is, it has to be available to the public, from any store that would normally stock it. You can order it if they are sold out or don't have that particular modle in stock. No cusoms, please.

Ko'olau style 1 in mahogany (just got one in ulawood, very balanced, resonant, musical, appears to have no flaws in concept, design or craftsmanship)

All other brands I've tried have been disappointing in some way, but these guys know how to make ukes...

Just got mine in December my S&J Milo wood super concert pineapple.

A Kiwaya KSL-1, laminated mahogany longneck soprano.

I would love a "Le Noir" by Pete Howlett. Oops, no customs. I still want one really bad.

Last edited:
I have a KoAloha. I don't really need another ukulele. The only ukulele I'm drooling over and NEED is a Moore Bettah. It's a custom -- sorry.

Does the Pineapple Sunday count as a custom? What about the Moore Bettah "Not-So-Basic" concert? ;)

Maybe a Kamaka pineapple or a batik Fluke.

In no particular order; Kamaka HF-3, Ko'olau T-100, KoAloha KTM-00, Kanile'a K2 Super Tenor. Customs will have to be another thread.

A mango Mainland Soprano.

Probably a KoAloha Sceptre. If we had been allowed a custom, it would be a Moore Bettah...

Can it be a uke you already own?

Well I already got mine, the new Risa Les Paul tenor in Black!
(the black one in my sig)

cool, have you done a vid with it yet??

......Oh and mine would be a KAMAKA OHTA-SAN MODEL CONCERT. I've never played one though so its a gamble 'what would you buy'.

Last edited:
Top Bottom