Lanikai. Kpk?

UkuLeLesReggAe

Reaction score
Remember me ? :D Post whore is down and out !! I check here probably once a day now, see what the happs are !!

anyway... Question #1!
I have had this question in my mind for a while now. My Lanikai fret board is a lot thinner, and the strings are closer, to that of my koa pili koko.

In comparison, I love the Lanikai fret board a lot more than the kpk, and I find it very difficult to play with the kpk ( which is why I suck in it )...

So, THE QUESTION IS !!

What ukuleles have fretboards like the Lanikai (strings and closer together, thinner and frets aren't as large)?
And, what ukuleles have fretboards similar to that of the kpk fretboard... ( opposite of lanikai's)

probably another thread for it :S But you all miss me and want to say hi right !!? :cool:

mahaloz

Don't have an answer. My KPK seems to be fine, I think it is a little narrow, it is a soprano and I generally like Concerts. The fretboard is pretty thick but it does not effect playablity for me. What size uke are you playing?

Nice to see you back posting. You have some serious posting to do to get back to the top. :)

I have two Lanikai ukes LU-21T and CK-TEQ and also have a Kala Acacia uke. I must say that fretboards ont CK-TEQ and Kala Acacia are very similar. Very comfortable and nice to play in my opinion. My Kala Acacia is the most comfortable and easiest to play from all my ukuleles. Ukulele with excacly that kind of neck and fretboard but with fuller/bigger sound would be perfect.

I had a KPK and know what you mean. It was definitely wider than most (Mele is even wider still).
I've played/owend several Kalas, Ohanas, a Lanikai, and a Mainland and all had narrower fretboards (probably all come from the same factory! :D )

Top Bottom