WARNING: Extremely Cute Korean Girls

Yuppers, though I've never seen the original. The band is SNSD which stands for So Nyuh Shi Dae which translates to "Girls' Generation". They seem to be very popular all over Asia not just Korea. The poster is from the Philippines.

Last edited:
Looks like it. I clicked on the original with english sub-titles......they translate a little dirty. Pretty funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCv-NKl7uuQ&feature=related

The guy's note on side bars says "This is Gee by SNSD (Girls' Generation) with subtitles stating what I think it sounds like in English...NOT a real translation! They are misheard words of the original Korean lyrics."
Looks like he did the lyrics as a joke and from the comments seems like some did not think it was funny.

The guy's note on side bars says "This is Gee by SNSD (Girls' Generation) with subtitles stating what I think it sounds like in English...NOT a real translation! They are misheard words of the original Korean lyrics."
Looks like he did the lyrics as a joke and from the comments seems like some did not think it was funny.
Ahhh, I didn't take the time to look too long, my 14 year old was looking over my shoulder and I didn't know how explicit it might get.

i liked the uke cover, as for the Korean pop kittens, well, cute as they are clearly they are not designed to appeal to my demographic. an interesting note though watch the real video, turn off the sound and watch how much the girls touch their faces, or make gestures near their faces. it is too much.

Buffalaxed - There's a user on YouTube named Buffalax who does this, and is the gold standard.

I don't know what it's called, but I call it a phonetic translation. It's not an actual translation of the lyrics, but just what the words sound like, phonetically, in English. I saw his video for "Benny Lava" a few years ago and thought it was hilarious (though it's got a little potty-mouth going on). He's got several more, some are better than others. Benny Lava is great, and Indian Thriller is also funny, and Boten Anna.

Jason

Thanks so much for the feature!!! I've never been featured before so it's really an honor for me. :D I totally appreciate it. :)

Aloha kitang, welcome to UU and thanks again for the great YouTube video emphasis on the music you created there. Looking forward to more great 'ukulele music from you so keep it up!

Top Bottom