PDA

View Full Version : Which movies made you cry?

davoomac
05-21-2008, 03:43 AM
Okay let's be honest, which movies made you cry?

guys can cry too :D

and what are the all-time best tear-jerking movies?

deach
05-21-2008, 04:02 AM
Ghost - That last scene with Molly and Sam. Oh mannnn.... Gets me every time.

Ok! There I said it!

*Eats raw beef to restore manliness

JackT
05-21-2008, 04:14 AM
girlfriend got me to watch the notebook, damn thats a tear jerker for sure.

4strings707
05-21-2008, 04:57 AM
Don't even lie!

...You cried during "Click"

davoomac
05-21-2008, 05:09 AM
The most recent ones would be:
I teared up during click. Also in 'dan in real life'. idk why, I must've really felt for the characters :D

'crash' got me right when I thought that store owner shot that little girl.
'green mile' too. that was a while ago, but can't forget that one.

hmm what else? must think somore. I feel like I am missing a whole lot of them and I just can't think of them right now.

BTW Deach: LOL at the *eats raw beef to restore manliness.

JackT
05-21-2008, 05:18 AM
Don't even lie!

...You cried during "Click"

clicks a sad movie, i almost did it then, but i manned up before a tear came out.

menehunenyc
05-21-2008, 05:19 AM
I get a bit teary at most chick flicks, but thats because I'm a very sensitive guy, haha!

The only film that truly made me cry because it evoked deep sadness was the film Philadelphia. I had just recently lost one of my best friends in college to AIDS, and this movie pushed all the water faucet buttons in me. I was a gushing firehydrant at the end.

russ_buss
05-21-2008, 05:27 AM
"the majestic". there i said it. you may commence with the verbal beat down.:uhoh:

cheeseburger
05-21-2008, 06:30 AM
The only movie I ever cried in was Old Yeller.

deach
05-21-2008, 06:31 AM
The only movie I ever cried in was Old Yeller.

Reminds me of the scene in Stripes...

UKESTAR
05-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Right when it came out on video, I rented The Green Mile. I had not spoken to anyone about it, nor heard any reviews. Wow...that was a powerful movie and got me pretty choked up..

Also, I hate it when animals get hurt. I was more concerned about the safety of the dog in I Am Legend than anything else going on..haha

dafamcallsmebj
05-21-2008, 07:56 AM
yeah that i m legend scene got me...
its not a movie but that show extreme makeover home edition...
man... it gets me teary eyed every time i watch it!!

la_ingrit
05-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Well I cry in almost every movie!!!!!!!!:o

Phil Major
05-21-2008, 11:27 AM
I get choked up watching Triathlon vids. Watching amateurs finish an Ironman and meet their families at the finish line gets me. I know they arent movies, but still....

menehunenyc
05-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Well I cry in almost every movie!!!!!!!!:o

You're such a girl!! lol haha.:love:

Kateri
05-21-2008, 12:48 PM
The scene in Across The Universe where they do "Let it be." I was totally bawling in the theatre, and I never, ever cry at movies.

Also, Big Fish, at the very end. But I didn't cry as hard as Across The Universe. lol

I highly recommend that movie, but if you wanna see just that scene here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GQNpEET9WqQ

Poi Dog
05-21-2008, 12:56 PM
There's been a couple that get me pretty choked up - no matter how many times I see it. As previously mentioned - "The Green Mile" is the main one... but "Saving Private Ryan" gets me too. Other ones that I've gotten pretty bad about would include the very last scene in "The Shawshank Redemption" and some parts on "Fools Rush In".

It's kinda funny how two of those movies were written by a horror writer - Stephen King. LOL

SMillette92
05-21-2008, 01:31 PM
The scene in Across The Universe where they do "Let it be."

That scene got me too. The tape of the woman auditioning is even better. It's on the extra features of the DVD

Kateri
05-21-2008, 01:43 PM
That scene got me too. The tape of the woman auditioning is even better. It's on the extra features of the DVD

Oh my gosh I know! It's even more emotional than the movie scene.

Fred Miu
05-21-2008, 01:55 PM
The Notebook.

dead serious

Plainsong
05-21-2008, 04:04 PM
There was a late 90's remake of Black Beauty - where this time they actually stuck close to the book and told it from the point of view of the horse, just like the book. Some chapters were omitted (like Ginger's Story), but that's because if you saw those played out you'd slit your wrists.

Why it makes me cry isn't because it's really accurate as to how you should treat animals, it's because it makes you stop, think, and question how we do it, and that always leads to better understanding and better methods.

But there's more. See, this horse I sometimes mention, she was like my best friend, and I sold her out to move here. Oh sure the woman promised she'd never be sold, but a horse's place in the family is always tenuous. It's a personal nightmare of mine that she ends up like Black Beauty did, but without me there to rescue her.

It's not so irrational, considering that was the state I found her in when I bought her as a yearling, skin and bone. Is she still alive? Doing the math, if she's been well looked-after, she should be.

Also horse-related, when Gandalf whistales for Shadowfax, who appears with attitude - that makes me tear up a bit because that's how she rolled as well.

Minamin
05-21-2008, 05:27 PM
At the end of The Iron Giant when the giant is leaving to intercept the missile, and Hogarth says "I love you". I don't cry, but it gets me every time I watch it, even if I'm listening to the commentary track.

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-21-2008, 08:50 PM
i seriously don't think i have cried after any movie... perhaps... titanic?? :D hahaha

Kaneohe til the end
05-21-2008, 08:58 PM
POKEMON the first movie, i dont remember the name, had mewtwo, god when pikachu was turned to stone i frickin bawled my eyes out, with the "im a man, im not crying" look and everything, followed by an immediate "bathroom" aka go wipe the tears from my eyes break.

14twelve
05-22-2008, 12:21 AM
PS. I love you. Anyone seen that one? I cried the whole way through it. And I don't normally cry in movies, but that one was so sad! Every time she got a letter, I'd start crying again.

zebullon
05-22-2008, 01:04 AM
The truman show
+ The shawshank redemption
+ Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
+ Gattaca

= Endless tears....

.........oh I forgot Dragon's heart

Kira
05-22-2008, 03:21 AM
hmm... i dont cry on real films
only on some animes.... like Chrono Crusade or Green Green.... the last episodes :(

Jimmy
05-22-2008, 07:20 AM
Rocky Balboa (Which I often call Rocky V. THERE WAS NO ROCKY V.)
The Snowman
Be Kind Rewind

I may or may not also cry at the end of a chick-flick or two. But let's not discuss that :P

la_ingrit
05-29-2008, 05:57 PM
You're such a girl!! lol haha.:love:

LOL!!! Im a girl!!! LOL!!!

la_ingrit
05-29-2008, 06:00 PM
PS. I love you. Anyone seen that one? I cried the whole way through it. And I don't normally cry in movies, but that one was so sad! Every time she got a letter, I'd start crying again.

Cute 14twelve!!!!...I dont know why....but I dont like it!! at all!!!! and Im a chick flick lover!!! lol!!!

14twelve
05-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Cute 14twelve!!!!...I dont know why....but I dont like it!! at all!!!! and Im a chick flick lover!!! lol!!!

I agree la ingrit, I didn't like it much either. I like chick flicks too, and don't mind a few sad bits, but this movie was way too sad! :eek:

SailQwest
05-30-2008, 06:46 AM
We don't watch many movies (and haven't been to a movie in a theater since LOTR—the 1st one), but the last one I can remember crying during, was "50 First Dates."

deach
05-30-2008, 06:54 AM
We don't watch many movies (and haven't been to a movie in a theater since LOTR—the 1st one), but the last one I can remember crying during, was "50 First Dates."

I love the soundtrack for that movie.

SailQwest
05-30-2008, 06:58 AM
I love the soundtrack for that movie.

I do, too!!! Just thinking about it makes me a bit teary...

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-30-2008, 03:52 PM
When Freddy vs Jason 1st came out.. i was like 10 LmAo and i watched it... cried with fear :|

Rubbertoe
05-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Hmmm... the scene in The Wedding Singer when he sings to Drew Barrymore on the plane always brings a tear to my eye. Not totally related, but I find I get more emotional reading books than I do when watching movies.

LivinHI
06-09-2008, 12:44 PM
definetely ghost, a walk to remember, and the notebook! =)

MisoHappy
12-19-2008, 12:25 PM
My Girl. But now that I think about it, why would you kick a beehive if you're allergic to bees??

sebi
12-19-2008, 12:29 PM
'A Walk To Remember' made me cry, but don't tell anyone ;-)

Elk
02-09-2009, 07:59 PM
In Bruges. Such a wonderfull film. I highly suggest it.

cpatch
02-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Most recently? Hula Girls. Worst ever? My Life (Michael Keaton).

BboyEmperor
02-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Titanic?
Eight Below made me feel really sad.
Radio also did too.
Not sure about crying, though...
I mean, I seriously can't recall crying.

khrome
02-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Does anyone tear up on happy scenes? Mulan gets me every time at the end - "Take this so your family will know what you've done for me. And this, so the world will know what you've done for China" then all the people bow. Or maybe I just have a thing for bowing to honor someone. The Last Samurai and LotR:RotK both had bowing scenes that made me tear.

Moulin Rouge, Pan's Labyrinth - both good tragedies. The end of Pay It Forward - definite tear-jerker.

And THIS is my favorite scene, of my favorite movie. And it is sad too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_saUN4j7Gw

UkuLeLesReggAe
02-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Dragonball Z: Bio - Broly...

poor broly!

seeso
02-09-2009, 10:49 PM
The first movie I ever cried in was E.T. the Extra Terrestrial. When E.T. dies.

HaileISela
02-09-2009, 10:59 PM
as far as I remember there's only one scene that made me cry: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rJr3IlTYBg) actually it made me cry again right now...

Rayon
02-10-2009, 04:34 AM
da sequel, "dirty dancing: havana nights". when da movie pau, me fo cry da kine movie not great like first film.:(

Ukulele JJ
02-10-2009, 05:19 AM
Being a manly male man-type person, I never cry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64a_1fWTsls), of course.

But I, um... have a friend who always gets a bit weepy during the "When Somebody Loved Me" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is_hpHzEMiE) portion of Toy Story 2.

Man, that always gets me.

Er... I mean "him".

It gets him. My friend, that is.

Not me.

More recently, my friend got a little choked up at the end of Slumdog Millionaire.

JJ

El_Drine
02-10-2009, 05:21 AM
Being a manly male man-type person, I never cry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64a_1fWTsls), of course.

But I, um... have a friend who always gets a bit weepy during the "When Somebody Loved Me" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is_hpHzEMiE) portion of Toy Story 2.

Man, that always gets me.

Er... I mean "him".

It gets him. My friend, that is.

Not me.

More recently, my friend got a little choked up at the end of Slumdog Millionaire.

JJ

Did your boypren hold de popcorn or did you?

shanifawni
02-10-2009, 06:20 AM
i dont usually cry at movies - the closest i usually get is 'tearing up' - so i'm gonna count that. :)

but, i did tear up during 'magnolia' i'm pretty sure - or i felt like i should be.

i know i almost cried during 'finding neverland' - because...wait, did someone's mom die in that movie?? i think thats why - i would never want my mom to die

i might've almost cried during some animated movie - like a disney one...either 'lion king' (a recent veiwing) or maybe it was 'persepolis' (not at all a disney movie)

anyway....

how embarrassing - i cry during the weirdest moviiieeees. esp. really cheesy ones sometimes.

AcousticMonster
02-10-2009, 08:31 AM

LOL, I think everyone cried at that scene. I seen that movie at release, when I was a kid, and remembers seeing everyone (man, woman, and child) crying. It's kind of funny now that I think back at it. Hah!

Immortal Beloved (about Beethoven) did it for me. Just thinking that his whole life went to hell over missing his one true love, by seconds on a stairwell, bummed me out. :(

wickedwahine11
02-10-2009, 09:16 AM
I'm pretty sappy, so the list is long. :o Thankfully, I am a girl, so I don't have to worry about manning up.

Ugly crying, when you start gasping, and making weird choking noises, is "Beaches." I saw it with my Mom, and my aunt and we were all dying in that one.

Other chick flicks that did it, Steel Magnolias (though a great laugh during the crying part thanks to Olympia Dukakis), Terms of Endearment, Ghost...

And oh, if you haven't seen "The Champ" with Jon Voight (I'm reallly dating myself here), that one is a sobfest at the end.

khrome
02-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Other chick flicks that did it, Steel Magnolias (though a great laugh during the crying part thanks to Olympia Dukakis),

I don't usually watch chick flicks but I do like Steel Magnolias a lot. It makes me cry even more nowadays because my best friend from elementary school died a few years ago from a similar condition as Julia Robert's character. :/

bengbengchicken
02-10-2009, 01:14 PM

Ive never.. ahem..watched.. ET.

HE DIES?! Oohh my goodness, what a spoiler Dx

cpatch
02-10-2009, 01:47 PM

Well, yeah, but...ahem...keep watching.

NukeDOC
02-10-2009, 01:54 PM
ok ill man up. the last scene in "saving rayan's privates" where pvt ryan was at the cemetary in front of the grave stone after remembering all that happened... when he gets up... im having trouble even writing this... and he renders a salute... :uhoh:... i seriously have to leave the room.

i remember watching that on the ship while we were out at sea. about 15 dudes gathered round watching this movie in our living space. at the end, we all quietly went to bed. didnt make a sound. didnt even breathe for fear of letting any other man there know that our noses were a little runny from our eyes glassing over. {/TMI}

khrome
02-10-2009, 02:08 PM
"saving rayan's privates"

I thought I saw that. But come to think of it, maybe it was another movie called Shaving Rayan's Privates..

swervy jervy
02-10-2009, 03:05 PM
http://www.reason.com/UserFiles/Image/riggs/repoman.png

BboyEmperor
02-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Ladder 49 is another one.

Fred Miu
02-10-2009, 04:34 PM
i have one;

back when i was like in my early teens/pre teens (whenever the Grinch came out) i cried during the part when he was a little who and they made fun of him. that for some reason got to my heart.

also, Benjimen Button. when he was dying as a little baby, that brought a small tear build up....great movie though

bengbengchicken
02-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Hmm; let me see :

1.A walk to remember [ alot of reasons]
2.Titanic [" I'll never let go Jack, i promise."]
3.The Lion King [ WHen Mufasa dies ]
4.Patch Adams [ <3it.]
5.I Am Sam [all through it]
6.Five People You Meet In Heaven [ When Margarite disappears ]
7.Finding Nemo [ When Dory says " But when im with you, i remember" ]
8.Sisterhood of the traveling pants [ WHen bailey dies ]
9.Harry Potter 4 [ when cedric dies]
10.Whale Rider [ when the Grandpas a meeanypants.]
11.Pursuit of Happiness [So sad]
12.Bridge to Terabithia [ When Jess finds out Leslie died ]
13.Forrest Gump [ When hes talking to Jennys grave]

Yes yes; i get attached to the movies i watch and i get caught up in it.
I<3 watching movies, i <3 the ones that make me feel the emotions of what the characters are giving off.

seeso
02-10-2009, 05:13 PM
LOL, I think everyone cried at that scene. I seen that movie at release, when I was a kid, and remembers seeing everyone (man, woman, and child) crying. It's kind of funny now that I think back at it. Hah!

Yeah, man. I remember watching it in the theaters as a wee lad and thinking, "What the? He's DEAD? No fair!!"

As cpatch says, keep watching... :)

"saving rayan's privates"

LOL! I think I've seen that one, but it was on the internet, and it was for research. I swear.

bengbengchicken
02-10-2009, 05:54 PM
As cpatch says, keep watching... :)

SOoo... he doesnt die ? o.O''

seeso
02-10-2009, 05:55 PM
SOoo... he doesnt die ? o.O''

Heh heh... You'll see! :)

bengbengchicken
02-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Heh heh... You'll see! :)

Lol; now this makes me wanna go watch it :)

And holy smokes, that was a fast reply.

IamRobbyah
02-10-2009, 08:14 PM
man, i cant believe that no one has said marley and me.

there were many parts that got me choked up. but the one that got me was when crooked nose guy carries marley to the car. my whole body quivered as tears uncontrollably streamed down my face. my gf started crying cuz she saw me crying. lol.

i'm usually ok about keeping the tears back, despite the big knot that developes in the back of my throat. but this movie really got me, cuz marley was exactly like my p.i.t.a. german shepard. i mean, EXACTLY!!! i too, had to carry my dog to his last car-ride. every step felt like my legs were made of lead... like i said, that scene was heart-wrenching...

aaaaaaand, there's that knot choking back the tears...

nikolo727
02-15-2009, 05:11 PM
yeah that i m legend scene got me...
its not a movie but that show extreme makeover home edition...
man... it gets me teary eyed every time i watch it!!

yeah i cried at that movie. I just felt so sad for the guy. :(. and i loved the dog.

I wont lie. Its time to be the biggest nerd in the entire world.

I cried at the going-away scene in the last lord of the rings movie. there i said it.

deach. save some beef for me.

nikolo727
02-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Titanic?
Eight Below made me feel really sad.
Radio also did too.
Not sure about crying, though...
I mean, I seriously can't recall crying.

i got so angry at eight below. i hated the stupid scientist and i was so ticked that some of the dogs went MIA. close to tears.

titoboy5
02-24-2009, 10:13 PM
My sassy girl (korean) not the american rip off and windstruck.
I know its not a movie but the mv from kiss( korean) because im a girl.

psesinkclee
02-26-2009, 06:58 PM
I've only cried once during a movie, and that was while watching 'I Am Sam'

I was balling :o

HoldinCoffee
02-26-2009, 07:09 PM
The Dark Crystal
The Prince of Tides (worst movie ever)
Stealing Home
Breakfast at Tiffany's (LOVE Audrey)
Saving Ryan's Privates
That stupid movie with Dan Ackryod, Maccully Calukin, and that girl.
Oh, and Erin Brockovich.

OHHH!!! Truth is Stranger than Fiction (MUST SEE!)

Captain Google
02-26-2009, 07:38 PM
POKEMON the first movie, i dont remember the name, had mewtwo, god when pikachu was turned to stone i frickin bawled my eyes out, with the "im a man, im not crying" look and everything, followed by an immediate "bathroom" aka go wipe the tears from my eyes break.

Oh, that one killed me. Except, it wasn't Pikachu. It was Ash.

Another movie that got me was Bicentennial Man. That was the saddest ending I had ever seen.

While not a movie, the infamous "Bye bye, Butterfree" scene in the Pokemon anime. Just thinking about it almost brings me to tears.

There have been other Pokemon scenes that made me sad, but never on that level.

There have also been other tear-jerking anime moments, most notably graduation and post-grad at the end of Azumanga Daioh (especially when Kagura cried).

I'm gettin' all choked up thinking about this... :(

CitizenSnips
02-27-2009, 09:16 AM
No Country For Old Men is extremely depressing. Didn't bring me to tears, but the person I was watching with cried at the end because theres absolutley nothing positive that happens to anyone in the movie.

Ukulele JJ
02-27-2009, 11:37 AM
No Country For Old Men is extremely depressing. Didn't bring me to tears, but the person I was watching with cried at the end because theres absolutley nothing positive that happens to anyone in the movie.

Except the shopkeeper. He gets an extra quarter. :D

JJ

XxDaAznGuyxX
02-27-2009, 03:30 PM
The recent one that made me tear was Just like Heaven...
I freakin love that movie....
But im currently addicted to the Supernatural Series...
FREAKIN AMAZING!!!!

ukeninam
02-27-2009, 07:00 PM
the latest movie that made me cry was marley and me-the book made me cry and even if I knew what was coming I was balling my eyes out!!!

a movie that makes me still cry even after watching it about a million times In America and I don't even know why....i'm glutton for punishment with that one!!

generem
02-28-2009, 05:50 PM
As much as I hate to admit it.. The Notebook.

The ending made me cry :(:(:(

hoosierhiver
03-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Old Yeller

smgold101
03-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Lion King...and dont even tell me all of you didnt cry when Mufasa died *Tear*

RIP Mufasa

ukantor
03-15-2009, 01:10 PM
"Lonely Are The Brave" stands out for me. OK - it's an old film, but I'm an old man. At the end , where his horse is killed; so symbolic, so predictable, so sad.

It was on TV again not long ago. Gets me every time.

Oh! And another Kirk Douglas film - "Spartacus" - I'm Spartacus! No, I'm Spartacus! I'm Spartacus!

How can you NOT?

Ukantear.

Linda_w
04-10-2009, 01:20 AM
I cried on some movies,,,

"What dreams may come"(Robbin Williams, ...)
"City of angels"(with N.Cage, M.Ryan)
"Autumn in New-York"(R.Gere, W. Ryder)

:anyone::anyone:

BUGOY
04-10-2009, 04:29 AM
saving private ryan (the end scene at the cemetery)
Green Mile (the last E-chair)
I am Legend (dog scene)
The last Samurai (when Katsumoto dies)
Legends of the Fall! (this one just messed up too many ways.. haha) :(

hoosierhiver
04-10-2009, 04:50 AM
I remember watching the original "where the red fern grows" when I was a kid, man that got me. People dieing in movies doesn't bother me much, but when a dog dies, now that gets me.

iamjamesmiles
04-10-2009, 09:10 AM
A Walk to Remember

dominicfoundthemooon
04-28-2009, 09:06 AM
Feast of love

deach
04-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Not a movie but this video almost did it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJIsbvyhO0o

UKISOCIETY
04-28-2009, 09:19 AM

It DID make me cry.

dberlin
04-28-2009, 11:45 AM
I choked up at the whole movie "Grave of the Fireflies"

bengbengchicken
04-28-2009, 12:37 PM
grave of the fireflies.

studioghilbi<33333

Dora
04-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Grave of the fireflies for me too. I could never watch that again ever, it is too heart rending.
Pay it forward got me howling.
Totoro, when granny runs to meet mai after she is found, *sob*
Anna and the king (the modern version of The king and I) when various peeps die and/or are killed.
Signs, when his wife dies. Parts of that film are totally hilarious too. I love the foil hats.
The BBC adaptation of North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. When they meet up by accident at the railway station, blimey.
And lots that peeps have already mentioned.
I kept tearing up throughout The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion the witch and the Wardrobe but that was purely from yawning my way through the whole boringness of it.

Ukulele JJ
04-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Oh yeah. If you don't get at least a little choked up watching Grave of the Fireflies, I don't wanna know ya!

JJ

Captain Google
04-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Oh yeah. If you don't get at least a little choked up watching Grave of the Fireflies, I don't wanna know ya!

JJ

I heard about the emotion level of that movie and decided to avoid it like the Plague. I don't watch things that I know will make me cry.

bengbengchicken
04-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Grave of the fireflies for me too. I could never watch that again ever, it is too heart rending.
Pay it forward got me howling.
Totoro, when granny runs to meet mai after she is found, *sob*
Anna and the king (the modern version of The king and I) when various peeps die and/or are killed.
Signs, when his wife dies. Parts of that film are totally hilarious too. I love the foil hats.
The BBC adaptation of North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. When they meet up by accident at the railway station, blimey.
And lots that peeps have already mentioned.
I kept tearing up throughout The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion the witch and the Wardrobe but that was purely from yawning my way through the whole boringness of it.

i watched grave of the fireflies for the first time last night and right after i just HAD to watch totoro. i needed something happyish <.<

i<3signs . the tinfoil hats just crack me up x]

ThePunkWay
06-26-2009, 08:15 PM
girlfriend got me to watch the notebook, damn thats a tear jerker for sure.

no kidding. thats a beautiful movie, gets me every time.

Playscool39
06-27-2009, 12:58 PM
The first time I saw "Forrest Gump" back in 1994. It really broke my heart to see Forrest when Jenny dies.

Most movies I watch make me cry...from laughter. Like the scene in "There's something about Marry", someone shouts "We got a bleeder", I almost wet my pants:smileybounce:

ukulele2544
06-27-2009, 01:10 PM
I've never cried seeing movies...

RevWill
06-27-2009, 02:43 PM
The first movie I ever cried at was Charlotte's Web (the original animated version).

More recently I cried at Marley and Me.

Kaneohe til the end
06-27-2009, 06:30 PM
you can add transformers 2 to the list. SPOILER AHEAD

i shed a tear when shia lebouf's character was thought to be dead, and when optimus died... its the nerd in me

and oh yeah, megan fox.

lisaxy424
06-28-2009, 06:06 AM
I actually had to LEAVE THE THEATER when I first saw 'Homeward Bound' I was crying SO LOUD! LOL - oh man, I still remember it...something about talking dogs and cats that just pulls on my heartstrings I guess!

Also, 'Meet Joe Black' had me going, and just recently, 'Up' (which, if you haven't seen it yet - YOU MUST!)

I'm a big crybaby :o

pink flamingo
06-29-2009, 08:59 AM
I went to see transformers 2. I cried for the 17 swiss francs I wasted on it.
June the 28th 2009, never forget.

Gcow55
06-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Homeward Bound
....how can you NOT get choked up at the end of that one? I've wept every tie I've watched this since I was a toddler.

I also tear up a little at the end of The Wrestler.

bnicholas26
07-07-2009, 04:41 PM
saving private ryan..........every time

hugmepleaze
07-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Pocahontas...
That song "Colors of the Wind"
I could cry now... :(

"How high does the sycamore grow? If you cut it down you'll never know!"

gets me every time

BBcakes
07-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Everything makes me cry! But one that gets me all the time is "The Notebook" The most recent one that made me tear up...Transformers! I know, such a CRY BABY! :rolleyes: The older I get, the more sensitive I seem to become :confused:

Uncle-Taco
07-19-2009, 04:37 AM
I have never actually cried during a movie. I came close during The Rabbit Proof Fence, but I have never truly cried. Not even during Old Yeller.

Maybe this counts: I laughed at my ex for crying during My Girl, and she hit me in the eye. Tears did stream.

Ukulele JJ
07-19-2009, 06:01 AM
Okay, how about the final scene in Cinema Paradiso? Not really sad, just "emotional".

(Of course, I'd probably get choked up watching footage of a monster truck rally as long as Ennio Morricone scored it. The man can write a soundtrack, I tell ya...)

JJ

uke552
07-19-2009, 08:11 AM
The final 5 minutes of "Field of Dreams"

Citrus
07-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Good Burger

also what makes me cry about homeward bound is they went through about 7 different cats making that movie

BBcakes
07-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Marley and Me... that's another one!

haolejohn
07-20-2009, 05:37 AM
Marley and Me... that's another one!

Saving Private Ryan, Blackhawk Down, I am Sam, Click, Red Fern Grows, The Patriot (part where his little girl throws her arms around him and begs him not to go) So many more that I can not think of right now at this point.

Taking Chance is another tear jerker. It is based on a true story recommend it to everyone.

DeG
07-20-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm a sucker for kids, animals, and old people. I've even cried for an alien who wanted to phone home and a freaking vollyball that fell off a raft... how pathetic is that? That's why I only go to theaters to see stuff blow up... the rest I watch at home, after the kids are in bed (can't have them thinking their old man is a wussy) :D

dirk.li
07-20-2009, 06:37 PM
E.T. made me cry... (especially at the end of the movie!) and my little sister laughed about me, rolling on the floor... how disgraceful! :o

CoLmes
07-20-2009, 08:37 PM

click..

Link
07-20-2009, 10:10 PM

click..
You cried for Titanic and you know it.

http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/academy/9610/promise.jpg

Tanizaki
07-22-2009, 01:37 PM
You cried for Titanic and you know it.

http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/academy/9610/promise.jpg

Rose was horrible. As a young lady, she was so stubborn that she refused to board a lifeboat, which would have let Leo float on a piece of debris. As an old geezer lady, she thanked her granddaughter for years of care by dropping a priceless gem into the ocean.

Rose is horrible. :(

haolejohn
07-22-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm a sucker for kids, animals, and old people. I've even cried for an alien who wanted to phone home and a freaking vollyball that fell off a raft... how pathetic is that? That's why I only go to theaters to see stuff blow up... the rest I watch at home, after the kids are in bed (can't have them thinking their old man is a wussy) :D

Poor wilson. I watched bridge to tarabithia with my class last year. Stupid mistake.

Kaneohe til the end
07-22-2009, 10:23 PM
i also cried the first time ash lost pikachu and they did the flashback of all their memories... leave me alone.

Kaneohe til the end
07-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Poor wilson. I watched bridge to tarabithia with my class last year. Stupid mistake.
i cried when i read the book

click..
yeah.

07-23-2009, 05:44 AM
i don't cry during movies. the film cries tears of joy because i'm watching it.

haolejohn
07-23-2009, 06:05 AM
i cried when i read the book

yeah.

Book was way better. You ever read Taste of Blackberries?

Providence
07-23-2009, 04:19 PM
We Were Soldiers Once and Young
Black Hawk Down
The Last Samurai
I Am Legend

gabzuke
07-25-2009, 11:17 PM
this might sound strange but i teared up
in pokemon 200 the first movie!
man when ash died and pikachu was sad
DAYUMN striked me in the heart
oh and pursuit of happyness :)

axeline
07-29-2009, 12:13 AM
I think that was way back..in my high school years..
and that movie was, "Cry"..starred by Mandy Moore..
And right after the death of Mandy on that movie,
I got teary-eyed...

Seeing the whole story...wow, that was the first movie
that has made me cry...

Ken
08-01-2009, 10:56 AM
I've definitely gotten close to crying numerous times in my movie-watching life but the only time I've actually cried was watching Kiwi! on Youtube.

chanimalcrackers
08-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Cried during Up. The beginning was sad. I'm sure I've cried in other movies too, but that was the only recent one I remember.

I Ukulista
08-12-2009, 08:53 AM
I was in pieces when the old man got shot by the jealous husband (a much younger man) in Toubisards 8mm film 'Tropical back yard'

ihavenotea
08-12-2009, 10:52 AM
At the end of The Iron Giant […]

The Iron Giant gets me everytime. I was sobbing when I first saw it in the theater. And I am tearing up thinking about it right now. That movie wins hands down for consistently evoking an strong emotional response.

[…]
4.Patch Adams [ <3it.]

I had forgotten about that film, but I do recall tearing up a bit.

[…] and just recently, 'Up' (which, if you haven't seen it yet - YOU MUST!)

Up seriously got to me.

Yes, that video is very moving.

I am sure there are others that simply aren't coming to mind right now.

I love dramas and enjoy when a film can move me deeply. But it is always harder with the real stuff. I cried hard when we watched Sicko. That was painful.

MigsLovesYou
08-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Dumbo when he goes to visit her in the slammer

Mayercaster
08-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Like many others, I cried to 'Click'....
I must admit the end of 'Ghost Town' kinda got me some how, just because I was really thinking about this girl at the time, and I had put my favorite song on her iPod for her 'The Heart Of Life' by John Mayer, and that song comes on and there is that short seen where you know its all gonna work out between em. I miss her :(

EDIT: another one, 'My Dog Skip', I get really upset when it comes to dogs... Check IMDB, this is a real tearjerker

mikelangelo11
03-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Titanic has made me cry every time I watch it. I don't know why I keep doing it, but some drops of tears come out during the breaking of the ship and when Rose finds out Jack is dead. I think the reason has to be the slow music beat of the song My Heart will Go on.

wickedwahine11
03-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Ooh, two recent Netflix movies made me cry like crazy.

The first was "Taking Chance," with Kevin Bacon as a Marine escorting home the body of a fallen Marine. That was tough, especially as someone married to a Naval officer who spent a year in Iraq. No matter what your politics, it is the true story of an honorable tribute to a fallen American.

The second was the saddest movie I have ever seen. It was corny in spots, but I was gasping for air and hyperventilating. It is "Hachi" about the true story of a dog that waited on its master every day at the train station for ten years. The true story was about a dog in Japan, but the movie stars Richard Gere. It was a sobbing, hysterical kind of crying. The kind where you cannot even try to cry pretty. You are heaving and bent over, and your body is racked with sobs. Maybe it is just me, but that movie tore me up.

Lori
03-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Charlie Chaplin's "City Lights"... that movie has one of the funniest bits ever, when he is watching the blind flower girl, and the end always makes me cry. Not bad for a silent movie. One of my all time favorite movies, and I have seen a lot of them.

–Lori

shwee
03-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Ok, maybe I just have some funky emotions, but these two movies made me cry: District 9 and Repo! The Genetic Opera.
For some reason, most "normal" tear-jerkers don't do it for me.
When I was a kid, I used to watch Lion King every night, and I'd always cry just a little when Mufasa died.
:)

centr0
04-09-2010, 11:47 AM
when i was little, that martial arts movie "best of the best" made me cry (at the end).

More recently, Click actually made me tear. Freedom Writers. and that's about it.

AgentORC
04-09-2010, 03:22 PM
RENT. At the very end when there's a picture of Angel and everyone is singing...chills go up my spine as tears flow down my cheeks.
Also...Star trek II: Wrath of Khan gets me every single time. Scotty playing amazing grace on bagpipes...yes, I'm a nerd :D

AcousticMonster
04-12-2010, 10:17 AM
I watched Black Dynamite this weekend. It made me cry cause I will never get back the 90 minutes of my life spent on that peice of $#%t. Gawd, what an aweful movie. :(

rachelsantixo
04-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Titanic, Lassie, Click, and My Sister's Keeper all made me cry. I think I cried the most during My Sister's Keeper, such a sad movie! :(

sebi
04-20-2010, 01:14 AM
Just watched episode 4 of season 2 of 8 Simple Rules (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8_Simple_Rules) (2003), when John Ritter's character, Paul Hennessy, dies. It really touched me, because John Ritter died in real life and I kept imagining that his real family must have felt and gone through the same thing as his family in the TV show. And, I was always a fan of John Ritter. Man, it really needs something to make me cry, but that show was just too real for me.

GaryC1968
06-01-2010, 11:41 AM
The final 5 minutes of "Field of Dreams"

That part always gets me and when the doctor has to leave the field and can't go back.

Chris Tarman
06-01-2010, 12:56 PM
"Once". I watched it again Sunday morning when my wife was out of town, and I teared up at several points, most notably the scene in the music store after they meet, and the ending as she's playing her piano. As they say repeatedly in the movie: "Right. Brilliant".

Chris Tarman
06-01-2010, 01:14 PM
man, i cant believe that no one has said marley and me.

there were many parts that got me choked up. but the one that got me was when crooked nose guy carries marley to the car. my whole body quivered as tears uncontrollably streamed down my face. my gf started crying cuz she saw me crying. lol.

i'm usually ok about keeping the tears back, despite the big knot that developes in the back of my throat. but this movie really got me, cuz marley was exactly like my p.i.t.a. german shepard. i mean, EXACTLY!!! i too, had to carry my dog to his last car-ride. every step felt like my legs were made of lead... like i said, that scene was heart-wrenching...

aaaaaaand, there's that knot choking back the tears...

I was planning on adding "Marley and Me". We had just lost our German Shepherd a few months before we saw it. We'd only had him for three years (he was nine when we got him because his owner had cancer). But we had also lost a 13 year old lab in '03 that we had had since he was 4 months old. My wife and I were both bawling at the end of the movie, and decided to wait til the theater emptied out a bit so no one would see us. But apparently the other 50 people crying had the same idea. We were lucky though, because with both of our dogs, our vet came to the house. So we didn't have that last car ride ordeal.
Also, "Saving Private Ryan" at various points. My mom's father was in D-day and was killed on July 11th 1944 about 15 miles from the beaches. Over a month to get less than 20 miles. I didn't know much about him (my mom was only 15 months old when he died), and so that movie was pretty rough. Important though. I'm not sure I would want to see it again.

Matimeo
06-02-2010, 02:05 AM
Lot's of movies have gotten some tears from me, but the one that always comes to mind first when it comes up is when Matthew Cuthbert dies in Anne of Green Gables.

Hippie Dribble
08-22-2010, 09:59 PM
great thread davoomac.

There are quite a few actually.

The one that got me twitching the most was probably "Awakenings" with Robert DeNiro and Robin Williams. An unlikely duo to give you a tearjerker I know, but I'll never forget watching it for the first time with my girlfriend on video...a couple of scenes just got me going so bad I actually couldn't stop crying. I was sobbing. No other film has made me cry like that before or since.

deznuchs
08-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Rudy was a real tear jerker for me...

cletus
08-31-2010, 08:32 PM
"Raising Arizona"

I laugh to tears during the chase scene with all the dogs... "Son, you got a pantie on your head."
And I always weep during the dream sequence at the end, so bittersweet.

Lexxy
08-31-2010, 10:04 PM
A really hawaiian-ish movie,

Lilo and Stitch the first movie. UGGHHHHHH (I was only 11 so i wasn't manned yet)

After that, no more :P

donzamacleod
08-31-2010, 10:19 PM
E.T. when I was like 5! haha

Hippie Dribble
09-02-2010, 12:23 AM
E.T. when I was like 5! haha

good call donza! I'd forgotten that one. Also, "On Golden Pond" with the late great Henry Fonda and Kathryn Hepburn. Beautiful, beautiful film.

Another one worth checking out is "Swept From The Sea"; very intense and ultimately heartbreaking love story

Manalishi
09-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Titanic.Never seen it,but from the trailers and all that
I have read.it's a crying shame that Cameron was allowed
to make this pile of ****!

Pukulele Pete
09-28-2010, 08:41 AM
The legend of 1900 ......... great movie.

Ukulele JJ
09-28-2010, 01:19 PM
I do not remember the name

Ladder 49?

JJ

molokinirum
10-02-2010, 01:05 PM
After coughing up $12 for the ticket, $8 for popcorn and & $6 for a soda then sitting for over 2 1/2 hours watching a crappy movie......I always cry!!! :wallbash:

Ukulele JJ
11-22-2010, 12:24 PM
One of the few where I think it is normal for guys to admit they cried when watching it.

Brian's Song is another one. Anyone else here old enough to remember than one? A classic.

JJ

seeso
11-23-2010, 05:34 AM
Brian's Song is another one. Anyone else here old enough to remember than one? A classic.

JJ

I remember it, but don't tell anyone.

coraflange
11-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Wethering(?) Heights - Lawrence Olivier

Ronnie Aloha
11-23-2010, 12:49 PM
I just saw this thread and could only think of "Brian's Song." Looks like I'm in the majority

Ukester Brown
11-23-2010, 05:50 PM
"Up" the first 15 minutes or so.....

Ronnie Aloha
11-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Boy, I just didn't get "UP." It didn't do anything for me and I've tried to watch it twice and just can't get through it out of boredom.

armytrucker77
11-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Braveheart at the end and Beaches

tumnusLOVE
11-24-2010, 06:55 AM
Every Harry Potter movie ever? And ET.

zhuke
11-25-2010, 01:09 AM
The Ultimate Gifts, I am Sam, Three Idiots, I Not Stupid.

marihhen
12-18-2010, 10:52 AM
The legend of 1900 (http://store.searchpreview.net/AmazonSearch/search?asin=B000066744&q=legend+of+1900&t=The+Legend+of+1900%3A+Tim+Roth%2C+Pruitt+Taylor+ Vince+...) I have seen it so many times and still cry.. and laugh and dream. Also I think its the best movie ever :)

kevkwak
12-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Well it's OK to shed a tear or two.

Instinct (Anthony Hopkins) - I'll need to rent this one again.
My Sister's Keeper - Caleb Deschanel's cinematography on this one done it I think, along with a touching story.

There's a few more but that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

TV Series?... Bones, almost every episode gives me that lump-in-the-back-of-my-throat feel.

Eric Blooduke
01-07-2011, 03:28 AM
The Notebook. When the movie finished everyone in the cinema was in tears. The blokes were sobbing quietly in their hankies but the girls were bawling out loud. My wife said that even in the loo afterwards the girls were still crying out loud. That is a 3 hankie movie just for blokes!!! It is terminally sad!!!

nscafe
02-16-2011, 04:35 AM
"Up" tugs on the heart strings several times. I tear up very easily at movies though.

UkeSoCrazy
02-18-2011, 05:25 AM
Magnolia (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0175880/) by P.T.Anderson. It's like a train wreck in slow motion.

Pikachuplaystheukulele
02-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Lilo and Stitch, The Blindside, Forest Gump, and The Persuit of Happiness

Fedoramann
02-26-2011, 12:44 PM
The Whole Wide World (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118163/)
A tragic love story, wonderful music, wonderful acting, the best kiss of all movie kisses ever, and the only romantic movie a man can watch since it's about Robert E. Howard, creator of Conan.

pepamahina
02-26-2011, 04:24 PM
But there's more. See, this horse I sometimes mention, she was like my best friend, and I sold her out to move here. Oh sure the woman promised she'd never be sold, but a horse's place in the family is always tenuous. It's a personal nightmare of mine that she ends up like Black Beauty did, but without me there to rescue her.
I hear you sister. Over my lifetime I've only had two horses for the same reason. Took me a long time to give up the first one, even though she really wasn't the one for me. Have a great mare now, but only because I found someone even less likely to give up the first one than me.

pepamahina
02-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Dumbo when he goes to visit her in the slammer

Oh yes! That one is absolute torture! I can't even listen to that "Baby Mine" song without losin' it.

Nickie
03-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Little Big Man, Dances With Wolves, Medicine Man, March of the Penguins, Avatar. I'm not a guy, but I don't think I cry easily.

Hankthetank
03-04-2011, 02:49 AM
I don't cry ever at movies. I remember welling up once but I couldn't tell you the movie. It might have been Up or Toy Story 3.
The only time I remember crying was when I was young. Maybe pre-teen and I was watching a movie called "Moscow on the Hudson" starring Robin Williams. He plays a Russian circus musician who has a hard life but visits New York City with the circus. There is a scene where he decides to defect and seek asylum in the US. When he does it, the rest of the group is forced back on the tour bus. He chases the tour bus to try to get his friend to defect as well (it was originally that friend's idea but he chickened out at the last minute). As he is running down the NY street he is crying with tears of joy that he is free but also tears of sadness because he is alone in a foreign country. I was an 11 year old balling my eyes out. I think I found the rest of the movie boring.
That was the only time I saw it. But I remember it well. I am sure that if I went back to watch it today, I would find it laughable. But that's the only movie I can remember shedding a tear for.

somenoobkorean
03-07-2011, 01:13 PM
the only movie that ever made me cry was tae-guk-gee (i forgot how to spell that) brother hood of war

the ending is pretty tragic, a 2 brothers very close to each other are drafted into the korean war and the older one does anything to get his younger brother out of the army, and drama insues

Mraz
03-07-2011, 01:49 PM
The end of Toy Story 3 got me..
As well as Marley and Me. Lol.

I Ukulista
03-13-2011, 12:16 PM
No mans land.....a european film made about a soldier laying on top of an anti personel mine in Bosnia/Herzogovina.

Zerj
03-22-2011, 07:51 AM
Precious.
Did anyone else cry in the part when she says:

Nobody loves me!
Ms. Rain: People do love you, Precious.
Clareece 'Precious' Jones: Please don't lie to me, Ms. Rain! Love ain't done nothing for me... but beat me... rape me... call me an animal! Make me feel worthless! Make me sick!
Ms. Rain: [Tears begin falling from her eyes] That wasn't love, Precious. Your baby loves you. *I* love you!

Wesley S
03-22-2011, 11:54 AM
I saw "Ghost" just a few weeks after my father died and it really opened up the floodgates. "Fried Green Tomatoes" and "It's A Wonderful Life" always work too.

Inner Prop
04-22-2011, 02:17 AM
My youngest recently figured out that when I'm choked up and try to keep the tears in I jerk with little internal sobs, but no tears fall.

Curses, now she watches me closely when we watch things like the Notebook. Luckily they play the Notebook so often that I've become callous.

Rudy
It's a Wonderful Life
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles ("You keep trying to pick a fight, but I'm just happy you're alive.")
Saving Private Ryan
Sound of Music
Monsters Inc.

The last two need some 'splanin, but luckily I wrote a blog post about it a while back, here. (http://illini6.blogspot.com/2006/08/day-xix-not-movies-that-make-me-cry.html#links)

Maybe we should also list what doesn't make us cry even though it makes a lot of others cry.

Click and Titanic top that list for me.

I don't remember crying at Up, but I probably did, one soulmate dying before getting to their big adventure sounds tear jerking but I don't remember it. When I even think of Private Ryan at the end when he questions his value it makes me tear up. Up just doesn't do that for me.

I also don't tear up for baseball movies. I hate baseball.

Ukulele JJ
04-22-2011, 12:18 PM
I don't remember crying at Up, but I probably did, one soulmate dying before getting to their big adventure sounds tear jerking but I don't remember it.

Oh man, not just the beginning, but the end too, where...

[SPOILER ALERT]

He finds an extra pages in the "adventure journal" that he never noticed before, where his wife had put pictures from their marriage, explaining that their time together was her "adventure", along with a final message telling him to go on and live his life.

And this gives him the strength to literally let go of his house and to symbolically "let go" of his emotional baggage and attachment to the past.

I'm getting a bit watery-eyed just thinking about it...

JJ

tainauke
04-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Movies that make me cry...

- Marley and Me
- Finding Nemo (I know it's stupid, but last movie I shared with my dad so...)
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- Neverland
- Love Story

bunnyrawr
04-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Titanic, but only the first time.
The Lion King (always!)
Free Willy films (I'm really involved with the anti-captivity movement, and I can't actually make it through these any more).

Squid503
04-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Seven Pounds

GVlog
04-24-2011, 11:36 AM
You mean after I realized that I spent good $$$$$s on a lousy movie?

Ken Middleton
05-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Soldier Blue.

knadles
05-05-2011, 05:42 AM
Field of Dreams. Maybe it's a guy thing... :)

-Pete

Maiyah888
05-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Recently:

Song of the Sparrows

Kandahar

ichadwick
05-11-2011, 04:06 AM

Star Trek II, when Spock died. I spent a lot of growing-up years with Spock and to see him die just ate me up. I bawled like Captain Kirk...
King Kong (the original, not the fluffy, irrelevant Jackson remake), when King Kong died from his fall off the Empire State building. Man, that big ape was such a tragic character.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1939, not that saccharine, silly and very lame cartoon remake), when Esmerelda leaves and Quasimodo is alone, unloved. He rests his head against a gargoyle and pines, "Why was I not made of stone like thee?" Very moving, but I truly loved the book a lot more. (No one can get choked up over cartoon characters, anyway... that would be weird...)
Gandhi, when Godse shoots him, and all the hopes he nurtured are shattered. Really powerful moment in film. Even more so than the death of Lawrence at the beginning of Lawrence of Arabia.
M*A*S*H - okay not a movie, but a TV series. When Radar announced the death of Henry Blake. And again when the war ends (the finale).
Away From Her - a couple of times, but especially when Gordon Pinsent realizes his wife, suffering from Alzheimer's, no longer loves him, and has forgotten what they mean together. A real tear jerker.

ichadwick
05-11-2011, 04:09 AM
the only movie that ever made me cry was tae-guk-gee (i forgot how to spell that) brother hood of war

the ending is pretty tragic, a 2 brothers very close to each other are drafted into the korean war and the older one does anything to get his younger brother out of the army, and drama insues

Saw that. Great, Korean film about a war that seldom gets recalled here. Really good acting, a lot like Saving Private Ryan in its depth.

Rockabilly
05-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Soul surfer got me choked up a little bit but all snazzy uke cameo cheered me up.

ferret
06-16-2011, 04:48 PM
In the theater. The Fox and the Hound.

taylorc0x
07-19-2011, 06:53 AM
No movie has ever made me cry except for indiana jones 4, the kingdom of the crystal skull. . . . so disappointing. . . .

ichadwick
07-19-2011, 09:23 AM
I bought a box set of 12 Andy Sidaris movies for $5 at Wal-Mart last weekend. Called Girls, Guns, & G-Strings. Sounded like a good combination.

I watched two of the films, mostly at fast-foward speed, last night. Fast forward because the dialogue is so wooden you'd think they were trees talking.

I usually enjoy B-flicks, but these are winceable. The special effects are giggle fodder. Even the jiggle-factor was snoozeable.

They were so bad, so really, really awfully bad, that they drove me to tears. Sure, maybe tears of laughter at times, but still tears.

I haven't cried so much over a film since Invasion of the Pod People.

Sven-Uke
07-19-2011, 09:41 AM
The Thin Red Line
My girlfriend loves me wachting that, just so she can see me cry.

UkuleleThreads
10-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Dead Poet's Society...every flippin' time.

gokidd
12-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Escape from New York -- Dang you, Snake Plissken!!

evenss
01-26-2012, 12:06 AM
I had a really weird moment when I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. The scene were Hermione uses her magic to let her parents forget that she has even exist. I know that's weird, but for me this was one of the saddest moments in this movie!
Toy Story 3 was also sad.

And I cried at the final end of Scrubs! :( I knew that I would miss JD.

wolfybau
01-30-2012, 10:07 PM
this trailer always makes me cry, the movie is coming out very soon, cna't wait to see it.

http://youtu.be/wGFDWTC8B8g

stmace
02-02-2012, 01:57 AM
Humane Society commercials send me Running from the room!!

Jonny D Uke
07-11-2012, 10:14 PM
"An American Tail"...When Fievel hears the violin and cries out "I'm coming papa!" Man, that get me every time...I got choked up typing it out....

And "My Girl" because of my blubber head aunt...now every time I see it, I hear her sniffling and blubbering away when that scene comes on. I just refuse to watch it any more.

PeteLesP
07-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Intouchebles

beautifulsoup
07-25-2012, 03:43 PM
The endings of Cinema Paradiso, Imitation of Life, and.... (go figure...) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

My first time seeing Cinema Paradiso was as a rental, and I totally lost it at the ending. I was SO GLAD that I was sitting alone in my living room sobbing, as opposed to being in a movie theatre!

CasanovaGuy
07-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Up, Patch Adams, Forrest Gump, The Pursuit of Happyness, and Pay it Forward, just to name a few

The Big Kahuna
07-25-2012, 08:01 PM
I can't watch films with dogs in. I'm a huge film buff, and I've always wanted to watch "I am Legend", but I know I won't be able to.

Asrafrate
08-04-2012, 07:58 PM
One only one.

Grave of the Fireflies :(

strummin'&hummin'
09-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Steel Magnolias w/Julia Roberts
Imitation of Life w/Lana Turner

Loz
09-11-2012, 04:31 PM
I can't watch films with dogs in. I'm a huge film buff, and I've always wanted to watch "I am Legend", but I know I won't be able to.

:agree:

I am still traumatized by Old Yeller and Where the Red Fern Grows...

SmilingPanda
09-11-2012, 05:31 PM
The opening montage in Up was masterfully done. It's rare that a movie can get tears out of me in the first 10 minutes without any words...

I also have this weird thing for military/historical things... i.e. when the 54th Massachusettes is going off to storm Fort Wagner in Glory and all the one white dude yells "Give 'em hell 54th." and then all the other white dudes start cheering for them... stuff like that gets me. Or saluting of fallen comrades... like at the end of Saving Private Ryan when he salutes the grave of Capt. Miller... man...

Newportlocal
09-12-2012, 12:55 AM
Sleepless in Seattle, An affair to remember,Love Affair. When they shot the wolf in Dances with Wolves.

ukuhippo
09-12-2012, 03:28 AM
mrs. doubtfire
The worst movie I ever saw and it made me cry when they showed it on three flights in a row in the 90's.

RevWill
09-12-2012, 04:04 AM
I guess I'll turn in my manly manhood he-man tough guy card at the counter on my way out, but I cried at.....

The Muppets.

Roselynne
09-15-2012, 11:08 PM
"Dumbo."

Yup. A cartoon about a flying elephant.

Every gol-durn time.

Lideruke
09-17-2012, 09:27 AM
I get choked up watching "Big Fish" on Father's Day.

Sh3ldon
12-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Goodbye Mr Chips from 1939 especially at the end.

Plainsong
12-17-2012, 11:55 AM
The beginning of The Hobbit, (no spoilers, though you shoulda read the book ;) ) - specifically, the Wingnut Films title. It's been a long time since Rings. My heart has missed it.

optofonik
12-17-2012, 12:19 PM
"Life of PI". It really is as extraordinary as everyone says.

That and "A Charlie Brown Christmas"; that speech by Linus gets me every time. ;)

Plainsong
12-17-2012, 02:36 PM
No one wants to see Muppets on hard times. It's ok to cry at that! That was seriously a good movie though.

I guess I'll turn in my manly manhood he-man tough guy card at the counter on my way out, but I cried at.....

The Muppets.

BlueLatitude
01-04-2013, 09:56 AM
The beginning of The Hobbit, (no spoilers, though you shoulda read the book ;) ) - specifically, the Wingnut Films title.

I cried then too.

Barbablanca
01-04-2013, 10:56 AM
I don't mind confessing to crying a lot during movies. I think it demonstrates empathy - the only thing that stands between civilisation and the behaviour that leads to the kind of school massacres we have seen in the US too often.

Last time, I cried? Two nights ago. We watched Forrest Gump with my daughter (our second time, her first) and we all wept buckets at various points in the movie.

Basically, my kind of movie is one in which I really care about the fate of the protagonists and feel their joys and pain. I have NO interest in the majority of macho movies in which the hero tend to kill three times as many people as the villain. IMHO we went off the rails from the moment the cowboy in the white hat murdered more guys in black hats than those baddies had killed.

clan~kerr
01-04-2013, 01:16 PM
One only one.

Grave of the Fireflies :(

Just noticed this thread and immediately had to see if this movie was mentioned. So heart-wrenching you almost forget it is animation.

RedViolin
01-05-2013, 09:55 PM
I cry in most movies, not a lot but still....there's always one scene in a movie that gets to me.

Cooper Black
01-07-2013, 12:57 AM
I cry in every movie. At home it's humorous. In public can be embarrassing (but I'm OK with that)

I cry when Dewey's Cox gets up on stage and sings It's A Beautiful Ride... every time I see the movie!

Ukulele JJ
01-07-2013, 04:06 AM
I've seen Les Miserables as a live musical probably a half-dozen times over the years. Not to mention the PBS concert specials and owning the CDs, etc.

So you'd think I'd be desensitized to it by now, and that I wouldn't get all throat-lumpy when watching the movie, right?

Nope.

Granted, I was able to hold it down to about 0.6 Piccolos*, but still...

JJ

* The "Piccolo" being the official unit of measure of a movie's ability to make you cry. "Brian's Song" is the basic benchmark, at 1.0 Piccolos.

Trinimon
01-07-2013, 04:30 AM
Watched Life of Pi this past wknd. Yeah, I shed a tear and the nose got sniffly but I made it sound like I was catching the cold 'cause we know real men don't cry. JK. Great movie by the way!

Ambient Doughnut
02-07-2013, 04:35 AM
Everyone goes on about Les Miserables being tear jerking but I don't get it at all.

Didn't get even the slightest quiver from me or my girlfriend. And no, we not heartless we're both soft as sh1t. I just have absolutely no idea what's meant to be so moving about it?

Most moving scene? The first few minutes of Pixar's 'UP' or the 'When somebody loves you' scene from Toy Story 2.
:)

gringo
02-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Old Yeller. I was 5 yrs old and still remember the trauma I went through at the theatre.

hoosierhiver
02-07-2013, 08:01 AM
Old Yeller. I was 5 yrs old and still remember the trauma I went through at the theatre.

Me too, I've got no problem with people dying on screen, but leave the dogs out of it.

The Big Kahuna
02-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Me too, I've got no problem with people dying on screen, but leave the dogs out of it.

My wife screens movies with dogs in for me. I'd love to see "I am Legend", but it'll never happen. If I see a really old dog while I'm out driving with work it makes me sad for the whole day.

kevlar70
02-22-2013, 09:33 AM
These two made me cry - two movies in which I already know/knew what's going to happen:

LOTR: The Return of the King; I know what's going to happen at the Grey Havens but I cried anyway. It was joy and sadness all wrapped up together.
(BTW - the last sentence in the book does it to me too!)

I cannot make it through the opening credits of Gods & Generals. The opening credits, mind you. The music with the regimental flags flappin' and knowing all the horror of that war to follow gets me every time.

Tifflery
04-18-2013, 06:49 AM
and some parts on "Fools Rush In".

bwahahahahaha. Me too. I don't know why, they're not even a believable couple, but I like them...lol

Tifflery
04-18-2013, 06:51 AM
My Girl. But now that I think about it, why would you kick a beehive if you're allergic to bees??

I know, right!? But, yeah, me too....

Tifflery
04-18-2013, 06:58 AM
I remember watching the original "where the red fern grows" when I was a kid, man that got me. People dieing in movies doesn't bother me much, but when a dog dies, now that gets me.
Amen.
Where the Red Fern Grows, WTRFG2, Old Yeller, The Yearling, I am Legend....every movied animals in it EVER.
In fact, I stopped watching Merkat Manor because they exiled Mozart and I knew she was going to die...

Tifflery
04-18-2013, 07:17 AM
Ok, Mine are:
High Fidelity (when Rob is walking on the bridge talking about how Laura feels like "home"....
Breakfast at Tiffany's (when they kiss at the end...with the cat...in the rain)
Splendor in the grass (at the end when Deanie comes to see Bud at his little house and she is all beautiful and he is married to that waitress who is in the kitchen and pregnant and there is a baby on the floor with a chicken...and it is sooo obvious that they still love each other, but its just not how things worked out....but the real tear jerker is the look on the wife's face when Deanie walks out, and she looks down at her flour covered hands and shabby dress and pregnant belly....in comparison to her husbands past lover...and exhales...) OMG. I have to go watch this movie again.

ArtfulDodger
04-25-2013, 09:43 PM
"Its A Wonderful Life" always gets me when James Stewart is panicking and everyone wants their money - and one old lady says "Can I just have $10 to get me over the weekend?". Brilliant movie.

Most recent movie to get me choked up and fighting back a manly tear is "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" starring Tom Hanks and Max von Sydow. Great story with a lovely sad ending that had the wife and eye with very leaky eyes.

MrCosbySweaters
07-03-2013, 06:02 AM
The Perks of Being a Wallflower. This movie is so close to my heart. I empathize so much with the main character, Charlie, as he struggles with anxiety and emotional trauma. I had such an emotional episode/mini-existential crisis after I watched this movie. You guys should definitely look into it.

Actually, at the teen newspaper I work at over here in Atlanta, I did a collaborative movie review of it (with a compare/contrast of it to The Breakfast Club). You guys should totally check it out!!! Here's the link (http://www.voxteencommunications.org/blog/culture/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10536229) (My review is the first one; My real name is Akil).

seeso
07-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Ok, Mine are:
High Fidelity (when Rob is walking on the bridge talking about how Laura feels like "home"....
Breakfast at Tiffany's (when they kiss at the end...with the cat...in the rain)
Splendor in the grass (at the end when Deanie comes to see Bud at his little house and she is all beautiful and he is married to that waitress who is in the kitchen and pregnant and there is a baby on the floor with a chicken...and it is sooo obvious that they still love each other, but its just not how things worked out....but the real tear jerker is the look on the wife's face when Deanie walks out, and she looks down at her flour covered hands and shabby dress and pregnant belly....in comparison to her husbands past lover...and exhales...) OMG. I have to go watch this movie again.

High Fidelity is a fantastic movie, and the last great movie that John Cusack has made. I would totally like Breakfast at Tiffany's if it didn't have the most racist character ever to be in a movie in it.

http://i.imgur.com/YQ32U1d.jpg

Larry D.
09-22-2014, 02:41 PM

Castaways when Tom Hanks lost Wilson the volleyball. I was surprised that that ball didn't win a Emmy opps I mean Oscar!
I can hear Tom cry even now......"Wilson.......Wilson...Wilson". Even though Wilson heard Tom's sobbing....he never looked back but kept swimming away. What acting....;)

The Big Kahuna
05-19-2015, 08:48 PM

SteveZ
05-20-2015, 02:44 AM
All of them when I'm at the box office and see what tickets cost these days. The tears get worse about 40 minutes into the film when it seems that the same folk who were involved with "Ishtar" also made this bomb, and I got suckered into partially paying for it.

Trinimon
05-20-2015, 08:02 AM
The Fault In Our Stars... haven't cried like that during a movie in a while. :p

kohanmike
05-20-2015, 05:08 PM
"ET - The Extra-Terrestrial" when ET says goodbye to Elliot.

"It's A Wonderful Life" at the end when all the townspeople come piling in to the house to donate their money to George.

"A League of Their Own" when the rosters are put up for who made the team, and the one woman who can't read is standing there so upset, then one of the other players comes over and helps her, her reaction gets me every single time.

"Mash" TV series, when Houlihan (Loretta Swit) is berating the nurses in their tent and she ultimately admits in a sob moment, pulling her breath in, that she just wants to be invited for a cup of coffee.

Many more to come as I remember them.

ukulelego
05-22-2015, 09:53 AM
I was on the brink by the end of Pursuit Of Happyness

Nickie
06-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Most of the Star Trek movies. Nanny McPhee. Robin Williams movies.

homegroup
06-02-2015, 04:31 PM
titanic make me cry so much :(

CeeJay
06-02-2015, 09:31 PM
All of them . Even the comedies . It costs so much to get in !!!

SnakeOilWilly
06-26-2015, 08:05 AM
The Iron Giant (I was like 5 or 6)
I Spit on Your Grave made me cry at the end but that was 3 days after my grandpa died so I don't think it was the movie doing it...
Star Wars Episode 2 made me cry laughing...

EDIT: E.T. THAT movie made me cry.

CdnSouthpaw
07-27-2015, 03:03 PM
Field Of Dreams, the last scene gets me.

zmanmaz
11-11-2015, 08:53 AM
Field of Dreams for me, I lost my Father when I was young, would love to play catch with him one last time... I lost it at the end.