Eleuke K-Series Tenor

Balsa Dust

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Ok I just got a Red K-series Eleuke Tenor, TCK-100 a few weeks ago. First off from the Eleuke web site:

http://www.eleukeusa.com/

Eleuke MP3 K-series Solid Body Electric Ukulele – Red
• MP3 Input, headphone output, 1/4 inch output
• Ebony nut, Rosewood bridge/saddle
• Aquila Strings, High Quality Gig Bag
• 12 Fret Soprano, 19 Fret Concert and Tenor
• Under saddle piezo Eleuke custom pickup

Concert and Tenor are 19 frets??

Features...10

• I’m not sure what year it was made but it was made in China.
• 19 frets.
• Solid body.
• Custom pickup, MP3, headphone output, ¼” output.
• I’m not sure what the body is made of, I thought I saw somewhere it was maple(?), and it’s painted so it’s hard to tell. Rosewood bridge, and fret board. Ebony nut.
• Finish..Metallic red paint.
• Body style...Tenor.
• Bridge style...drilled then tie it or knot it.
• Tuners...Nice smooth sealed geared tuners.
• Rounded neck
• The entire uke is trimmed with a pearl/abalone (I’m not sure which) binding, around the body and up the neck.
• Side fret markers at 3, 5, 7, 10, double at 12, and 15. The side fret markers are black on the pearl/abalone binding, which can be hard to see in certain lights, I don’t think white markings would be any easier to see so black is as good a color as any.
• Accessories...Padded gig bag, 4 ft. cord that plugs into the MP3, or headphone jack. Aquila strings. 9V battery. The gig bag has a nice large pocket on the front.

Sound...10

• I still don’t have an amp yet. Now I plug it into my computer speakers or just use headphones. With a turn of the bottom knob you can go from a traditional sounding uke to a very bright sounding electric ukulele.

Action, Fit & Finish...8

• How well was the ukulele set-up at the factory? Perfect.
• This ukulele is smooth all over. The frets wires are tapered nicely and have no sharp edges. The only flaw I can say it has is the cover on the back for the electronics is warped, other than that, there are no other flaws.

Reliability/Durability...9

• Will this ukulele withstand live playing? I don’t see why not.
• Does the hardware seem like it will last? It all looks top notch.
• Is the finish good enough to last, or does it seem thin and easy to wear off with lots of playing? Not sure about this one. Only in time will I see if the finish wears poorly (chips in the paint).
• The serial number is a sticker on the head stock, which is a little strange. I’m not sure what happens when that slides off.
• Would you use it on a gig without a backup? Sure, if I did that.

Customer Support...10

• If you've dealt with the company, how helpful/friendly were they? No contact, but Eleuke is here on UU.
• Ever try and get it repaired? Nope.
• Was it under warranty? Yes.
• How long is the warranty? One year.

Eleukeusa contacted me after writing this review and I sent in my warped back cover. They sent me back a perfect replacement (color and the holes even line up), and I'm even suppose to have a T-shirt in the mail for the trouble. Two thumbs up for customer support!!

Overall Rating...10

• How long have you been playing? Almost a year.
• What other gear do you own? Makala MK-S, Concert Flea.
• Is there something you wish you had asked before buying this ukulele? Nope
• If it were stolen or lost, would you buy it again or get something else? Buy it again.
• What do you love about it? I can get loud with it, or play unplugged and sit with my wife while she watches TV.
• What do you hate? Mean people.
• What is your favorite feature? The gloss red color.
• Why did you choose this one? I have wanted a tenor, and then I had an awful attack of UAS, so I bought it.
• Anything you wish it had? An amp, but that’s in the works.
• Anything else you'd like to share? Other than the back cover that is warped, the gig bag has a couple of problems. On the top of the gig bag they missed the zipper a little bit when sewing and there is a small hole in the bag when zipped up. Also, the wrap that Velcro’s’ the carrying handles together, they sewed one of the handles on the outside of the wrap, it still works, but is a little weird. The gig bag has nothing to do with the uke, it’s just a bag problem.

Last edited:
Any good pictures that you can provide? Most of the ones on the net seem to be so tiny. Thanks.

Pics

Here are some pictures. I hope this works.

Attachments

• 5-09 001.jpg
    5-09 001.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 5-09 004.jpg
    5-09 004.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 55 001.jpg
    55 001.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 55 002.jpg
    55 002.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Does it sound like an ukulele or an electric guitar? I nearly bought one, but got cold feet right at the end because I didn't want it to sound like an electric guitar.

Does it sound like an ukulele or an electric guitar? I nearly bought one, but got cold feet right at the end because I didn't want it to sound like an electric guitar.

The top knob is for the volume and the bottom adjusts the electricness of the sound. You can go from a traditional sounding uke to a very harsh sounding (knob turned all the way) electric ukulele. So to answer your question, it will do both :rock:.

The top knob is for the volume and the bottom adjusts the electricness of the sound. You can go from a traditional sounding uke to a very harsh sounding (knob turned all the way) electric ukulele. So to answer your question, it will do both :rock:.

Oh boy...now I need to buy one...

Thanks!

does anybody know what the difference between the concert and tenor model is, if they have the same amount of frets?

does anybody know what the difference between the concert and tenor model is, if they have the same amount of frets?
They have the same number of frets, but a different scale length ... or in other words the tenor has a longer neck than the concert.

And the frets will be a tiny bit further apart.

Just a little update. In my review I mentioned that the back cover for the electronics was warped. Eleukeusa contacted me about the cover and I sent in for them to look over. Today I just got back a perfect replacement (color and the holes line up), and I'm even suppose to have a T-shirt in the mail for the trouble. At this point I would say two thumbs up for customer support!! :shaka:

Does it sound like an ukulele or an electric guitar?
It sounds like an amplified nylon-string guitar. I had one (not a red one, true) and it was okay, but not very uke-like. There is no body, no tonewood, to create a ukulele sound. I also found the A string too close to the edge of the fretboard - not sure if they corrected that problem in later models. Review on my web site.

Top Bottom