I've Been Jinny'd!

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
Today I received a very desirable (to me) gift from forum member Jinny an awesome UK model SpongeBob Pineapple 'ukulele NIB!
Included was a soft case, a pick, and a tuning whistle. The clear nylon strings will be changed with Aquilas, and while old string is off I shall sand down the saddle to drop the action a tad though it is playable as is.

A HUMONGOUS mahalo to Jinny for his awesome aloha! :)

My cats and SpongeBob.

P1010056.jpg

P1010055.jpg

Last edited:
Hey; congrats on the new uke. It certainly is colorful. Probably a collectors item in a few years eh?
And your cats are cool. The one in back is the same color and markings as one of ours. What a kick.
Enjoy your new uke.

I found both kittys 9 years apart on Maui wild babies abandoned by their moms, and bottle fed and raised as humans. :D

hehe.

I'm happy to see that it arrived safely! It traveled around the world the long way from China, stopping off in the UK and then California, before getting to HI... and although it's not exactly kamaaina, Hawaii seems to me to be a Spongebob Pinapple Ukulele's natural home. :)

I'm glad my humble attempts at "Deaching" appears to have met with success!

The uke is utterly fantastic, but me, I gotta admire the felines. A Siamese and a torti? That must be one vocal pair you've got there. And they own the house, I just know it.

Kudos to Jinny for an awesome act of kindness and congratulations to Ahnko, I know that you had wanted one of these for some time now.

The uke is utterly fantastic, but me, I gotta admire the felines. A Siamese and a torti? That must be one vocal pair you've got there. And they own the house, I just know it.

The Siamese being talkative is a given. The first year I moved to Maui (1996) one early June morning my son wakes me says he hears something in the garage dying. I listen and sure enough a strange little sound coming from my garage which was still filled with scattered boxes from the recent move. The sound was a mystery unlike anything I've heard before. I snuck around slowly through the maze of boxes trying zero in on the myterious sound. I finally found the source a tiny Siamese kitten alone in one of the boxes. This area several of the feral cats were Siamese and obviously a momma had left her noisy baby in my garage. 14 years later and "Misha" still doesn't know how to shut up. :cool:
I did not know Tortoise-Shells were noisy until we discovered "The Bird" (her name) crying all night in a neighbor's field one morning 2 a.m. as my son and I watched the Leonid meteor shower in August of 2005. We heard a kitten crying non-stop the whole time we watched the showers. I thought for sure it would not survive into the morning with all the mongoose and Pueo (owls) looking for meals. The next day I could still hear her crying her lungs out so wife I went to neighbors place to ask permission to search his field for the adandoned kitten (this one sounded like a cat at least). The field had chest high grass so not very easy. We got to within 20 feet of it but then it would shut up. When I'd start walking away the meowing would start up again. As soon as I turn around and walk towards the sound it would shut up again. After 30 minutes of this I gave up and we went home leaving the kitten to her fate. Got home and my son insisted we search again. I told him knock himself out but I give up. He went back into the field with my wife and returned 20 minutes later with the ugliest kitten I had ever seen (not pretty like Misha a automatic keeper). I knew this cat was heading to the pound ASAP until my son let her down on the ground and this little rat of a kitten that could barely walk spotted me and slowly started stalking me like a lion hunting a wildebeste. She got real low and used the available cover real well then the last couple feet she made her "kill" rush right at my face as I lay hiding behing the sofa. She was so tiny she fit in the palm of my hand, but she instantly started purring and has had a stranglehold on my heart ever since. Misha was not social but this kitten "adopted" Misha as her mom forcing Misha to like her, and now they are insepperable. She also instantly bonded with a baby wild boar I found (Lucy) whom I had to give up when moving to Oahu (gad I miss that pig). She's such a weirdo she walks around the house with her little Timon meercat doll in her mouth crying away, I'm not sure if Timon is her pretend baby or her kill. Quite a noisy though lovable pair they make.

Day "Bird" was found
Justahandfulofkitty.jpg

"Misha & "Bird"
P1010024.jpg

"Bird" & Lucy before
PUTZNLUCY5.jpg

"Bird" & Lucy after
mini-P1010009-1.jpg

Love the Spongebob uke! And wow, your two cats look so much like two of my three cats, it is nice to know my girls Dakota and Kahlua have Hawaiian cousins. :)
dakota.jpg

kahlua.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom