Jim Beloff Uke Books?

wardseward

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the Jim Beloff song books? Got any opinion on them?

Also, I can't find ANYWHERE that states wither they are sheet music, tabs, or both? Anyone know?

BTW... just got my first ukulele last week. Haven't had much time to play it yet, but I am totally stoked to have it.

Thanks,
Ward

Welcome aboard!

The Jumpin' Jim series are primarily standard notation with chords. Some songs will have tabs, but only a few. They are mostly 'simplified' versions of the songs, leaving you lots of room to be more creative once you've got them down.

Have fun!

Yea I got two and they are great ways to learn. Im a music sheet kinda guy so this type of learning was very natural for me. Like Notorious said, allows alot freedom to make the song your own. I made all my beatle covers based on his books!! His Xmas one is nice too, really beautiful arragnements, even the nutcracker suite!! Definite buy for a uke noobie.

I really wish he could have included tabs, at least with the books that I have, there are none, just chords and music. It's frustrating because I can read music fine, it's translating in a way that is not painfully slow where those notes are on the uke. Yes, of course I could go through it note, by note, but it's frustrating when you could do it faster on other instruments where you learned that stuff too long ago to remember.

Top Bottom