Keith Ogata Ukuleles?

Check the 808 Builders List. Keith is another innovative Hawaiian builder incorporating a split bridge design and his instruments can be found at Ukulele Friend. I'm pretty sure deach has a Keith Ogata. . .

sweet, thanks guys...what about UST's or electronics in general? I've never heard any mention of any electronics

I don't think it's an option for the acoustic models, you can send him an email to ask for more info. He's still working on these and maybe you can get his solid body electric called Uwila, Just and FYI, Keith is not a full time builder and he does this as a hobby.

uwila_body.jpg

thanks for the info...

I totally dig his designs on the extended tenor...I'd have to talk with him about electronics, I actually need them. Anyway, it gives me a much better idea as to what I'm getting into. I had done some forum searches to save the need for this post, but fell short as always.

much aloha

Keith was hesitant to put a pick-up in one of my Kinohis. He will add a mi-si or a passive pick-up but not a battery powered active pick-up. I feel it sounds so much better mic'd. If you want to plug in, get his solid-body.

I gotta say, his stuff is beautiful

how would you mic the ones that only have the soundhole on the top side? they got a clip mic or something?

That thing looks awsome. I wonder whta it sounds like accoustically.

Here's a vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrle2k6D28E but you might want to call Shawn at UkuleleFriend.com and get more details if you're serous about it.

I gotta say, his stuff is beautiful

how would you mic the ones that only have the soundhole on the top side? they got a clip mic or something?

I usually have a mic in front of the uke. The mic for my voice will pick up the bass notes from the sound port without overpowering.

Here's a vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrle2k6D28E but you might want to call Shawn at UkuleleFriend.com and get more details if you're serous about it.

Thanks deach. I had acctually already contacted Shawn about the uke and saw the video as well as the sound clip on his site. It sounds pretty nice. I am still unsure about the uke, for myself, due to the scale. I really want a good tenor that I like but really feel I need to play it before I pay for it. To date I am 0-3 with Tenor purchases. I have played one Kanilea that I really liked but did not have the $$$ at the time and a Black Lablel Koaloha 6 string was amazing, but I still don't have the funds for that one.

Top Bottom