beginners fingerpicking tabs?

ToanIsAnIdiot

Reaction score
I was after some fingerpicking tabs that are sorted in levels of technique required to play. so that i could use it as a way to slowly advance my fingerpicking abilities.

I had found that "tab-u-Learn" http://www.microshare.net/tabulearn/ a great site for this. but unfortunately they recently closed the site. Also, i didnt save the tabs for later use...

Any recommendations for other similar type tabs/websites?

Cheers,
Toan.

So sorry to see that site go down again. Too bad.
See if this one still works

http://ukulelehunt.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/solobuch.pdf
–Lori

My favorite site. If you play a few of them you the author gets repetitive (good thing.) Its like doing the NY Times crossword puzzle. If you do it daily many of the same questions pop up. With this set of songs you can sometimes anticipate what is coming making it easier to play.

Just thought I'd bump this page up for folks who might be looking for this type of thing.
I haven't seen this pdf file listed anywhere else other than Lori's post above.
These are real easy and they sound great. I'm really enjoying these arrangements.
Wish I understood german so I could read the text.

Beginners and fingerpicking? You don't want tabs to start with. You just need to learn some basic patterns and commit them to muscle memory. When you have some basics down you start looking for tabs to broaden your horizons.

Here's a start. I'm talking about picking hand only. Not fretting positions. 4 is g, 3 is C, 2 is E and I is A. I pick 4 and 3 with my thumb, one finger for each string for 2 and 1. Pick a finger that works for you.

Start with, 3,2+1,4,2+1. Then when that's working change it around to 4,2+1,3,2+1. When you feel OK with those then try, 3,1,4,2 then 4,1,3,4. Make up your own variations. The goal is commit patterns to muscle memory so you don't think about them anymore.

Anthony

Top Bottom