Cases for pineapples

the52blues

Reaction score
I ordered my first pineapple from my local music store. It should come in tomorrow. When I ordered it I told them I would need a case for it and the guy said he'd likely have something to fit it in stock. I started thinking about that and since they really don't stock ukes in general and had to order my Kala in I wondered whether he would really have anything suitable. I used the search here and came up with nothing. I also checked the Kala home site and don't see any mention of a case for pineapples. A gig bag would be sufficient but would it fit in the standard uke gig bag or maybe a mandolin bag? What's available?

Yeah, I did see these on MGM's site. I live in Canada and to buy this case from them with shipping and exchange rate it would cost almost $150 CDN. The uke only costs $95 up here. Not sue I want to spend one and a half times the price of the uke for a case. I think a gig bag will have to do for now.

The Stagg Tweed cases on Amazon fit normal and pineapple ukes - maybe just choose the right size? Not expensive, smart, uke shaped and cheap delivery.

Last edited:
My pineapple (Kala KA-PSS) is a pretty tight fit in a soprano gig bag, but fit comfortably in the concert bag my mahogany concert came in.

A make-shift case(!)

I have one of Thomas's Makapili ukes, which is a concert-sized pineapple. I couldn't find a case for it, except the rectangle Fremont ones, which don't seem to be easily available here in the UK.

In the end, I went for a hard-shell mandolin case fitted out with a high-tech blue bath sponge and it seems to work fine:
attachment.php

It does the job well enough, until I can find a UK outlet for a rectangle case :D

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up with a nice soprano gig bag and it's just the right size so I'm happy....well with the gig bag. After playing the pineapple for a while and stretching the strings a bit more I've decided the intonation and action could be adjusted just a tad more so I'm gonna get their tech to do some magic on it tomorrow.

Top Bottom