Paris Uke Fest

UkuCouS

Reaction score
I don't know if some of you are in the area of Paris the 30th and 31th May.
But there is a ukulele festival here the Paris Uke Fest
You may know some of the performers :
SWEET SOUBRETTE
GINETTE MACHIN
MICHAEL WAGNER
U.K.E (sorry didn't found any link)
UNI & HER UKULELE
YALEGO & CO
VERONICA SBERGIA & MAX DE BENARDI
VICTORIA VOX
OLD BLIND MOLE ORCHESTRA

Also with :

Ukulele & props sale : R&F Charles (Paris) / Juste Cordes (Online Store) / Sugar Kane (ukulele bags) / Stand label Ukulele Division (sale and signing) of festival performers

Just came back from the show, that was Awesome !
I'll give you some videos when they'll be online.
Just felt in love with Victoria Vox, what a voice !!! and a wonderful person we've talk a little she's very nice !

Victoria Vox is what you call a true entertainer! That is rare... not only can she sing and play, but she can also entertain, tell stories and capture the audience! I was very impressed when I saw her perform. Plus her French is excellent I thought.

I hope you get some videos up soon, really interested to see ukulele meetings from all over the world.
Maybe you can keep us warm with a bit of info on the uke scene in France, or perhaps Europe? How many people were at the meeting, were they all French, any cool European ukuleles in the making? Tell us :)

Oh this was a big meeting, in fact that was concerts, there were 200 people I think. They were not only French, of course the performers, there were Italian people, Rig Sauer from Risa was here too.
In Paris we make meeting every month with an open mic for 1 year I think, more and more people are coming every time, you can see videos HERE
I know there are several meetings every month, one in Lille (in the north), in Lyon, Strasbourg, Nantes, Bordeaux and in other cities.
At first I thought that ukulele in France wasn't so much played, but really back there we've got a big community of players.

Last edited:
Hi !! I'm the K (aka Lionel), and I'm the guy created and organized the Paris Uke Fest.
First thanks to Ukucous to talked about the fest on this forum.

It was a great fest…and I'm ready for next year !!!

I promise, this time you will be in touch !!
This another video, it's a little editing of short extract from the concerts
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jZ3hygdhE-E

We film the event in HD video, and I hope can edit it during summer…and trying distribute it as a DVD with backstage episode too.

Check the myspace of the fest http://www.myspace.com/parisukefest.

THANX
the K

PS : I really like to got Aldrine at the fest next year ! ;)

Je t'en prie Lionel, merci a toi pour ce festival !!
(*You're welcome, thank YOU for the fest !!)

Yup it would be great if Aldrine could come next year.

Top Bottom