Digital Drum

Paul December

Reaction score
Rather than practice with a metronome, I thought it would be fun to use a digital drum machine. If it had some sort of pad it would be fun for someone to play it. It would need its own speaker as well.
Oh, and as cheap as possible.
Any suggestions?

Rather than practice with a metronome, I thought it would be fun to use a digital drum machine. If it had some sort of pad it would be fun for someone to play it. It would need its own speaker as well.
Oh, and as cheap as possible.
Any suggestions?
Paul, my first thought is the Boss DR-880. Probably overkill for what you want but in addition to many styles of drum patterns it also has built in bass patterns. Sounds very real. Think they run around $350. I play mine through powered speakers. Those would be extra.
Second thought is a program called Band-in-a-Box. Will run on Windows and also a Mac. Lot's of song styles to play along with and also allows you to arrange and compose. You just need to make certain you don't get lost in its capability. Think you can get started for around $100.
The third option that comes to mind is called Finger Drum Kit. This one is stand alone. About the size of a mouse pad. Built in speaker allows you to play the drum kit pictures on the front. Runs on batteries and has some storage capability. This is one of those things I got for Xmas a year or two ago but just never used.
Don't know the cost but pretty sure it is very inexpensive.
Hope this helps..... and I am watching my contractions.

Top Bottom