MGM has KoAloha Juke-uleles

Tigeralum2001

Reaction score
Just saw these on eBay, sorry to confirm they are $4,000. They are gorgeous and I am the biggest KoAloha fanboy, but I don't see one in my future. :( I wish I had that kind of jack to lay down for a uke...

Looks like my dream of owning each of the Masterpiece collection is over. :( At least there is a Sceptre in my future.

However, for those that have that kind of jack for a uke... Wow, they are awesome! Can't wait to see a UU member playing one on YouTube.

Looks like my dream of owning each of the Masterpiece collection is over. :( At least there is a Sceptre in my future.

Did you find a cool Sceptre to get? You wanted one with good wood grain, right?

For some reason Joke-ulele keeps running though my mind. Not my cup of tea I guess.

Jude

I just fail to see how that body can resonate properly. It has so much attached to it. Maybe I'm wrong. I am a KoAloha fan for sure, and I'm sure it is stunning to look at, but I can't afford it so I guess I have to find something wrong with it. Haha....
Cheers,
Skottoman

Just listened to the sound file and it definately resonates. But I have to agree with Jude. Not that it is a "Joke-ulele", but not my taste. Beautifuly crafted with great attention to detail from what I can see. Although somebody has to get MGM a tripod! It will not become my fifth KoAloha, not that I had the 4 large to spend on it anyway.

It didn't feel as resonant as my KoAloha tenor when I played one, but for sure, it makes a LOT of sound. Not sure how it works, but I think its because of the sheer amount of volume inside the uke. And maybe the spruce top has something to do with it...I just think of the decorations as more bracing.

As always, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't care for this one, personally. I wouldn't pay $400 for one, let alone $4,000. But I'm sure there are plenty of folks who will love them, and that's cool. Sure seems like a lot of $$, though....

Hate to be a "killjoy" but although I love KoAholas and think their sound is awesome (I own two) I think the Juke-ulele rates as just about the ugliest uke I have ever seen! Whats next a Christmas cake-ele?
Sorry KoAloha lovers!
$4000.00!!!!! The old joke about coke addiction being God's way of telling you have far too much money comes to mind

Whats next a Christmas cake-ele?
If it looks and sounds good... that way you can have you're cake and play it too! ;)

I know there are those that are traditionalists; this is NOT for you. I appreciate the "pushing the envelope" aspect. There will always be awesome traditional ukes, but there aren't many luthiers (especially high end luthiers) willing to take a chance.

If the price were lower I would be in for one.

$4000 is for the fine detail and craftsmanship. A simple soundboard doesn't take nearly as much work. It's a work of art that just happens to create music.

Gotta tell ya in the right hands these babies rock!

attachment.php

Do you have a mini-uke or are you just holding Poppa's? What's your take on the Juke?

I wish I had a mini uke. That is acually the uke that started it all for papa. Lets just say if I had 4 grand right now I'd have one.

The craftsmanship is gorgeous. Papa's innovation is always wonderful to see. The jukulele is probably one of the goofiest things I've seen in MY book, but Papa and the whole KoAloha company still have my enormous admiration for pushing the envelope and doing it with real flair!

$4000 is for the fine detail and craftsmanship. A simple soundboard doesn't take nearly as much work. It's a work of art that just happens to create music.

I have held one of these and can honestly say that if you figured out the time it takes to make one with all the fine details it should cost more like $7000. I'll say that it's a kickass 'ukulele that happens to be a piece of fine art. :cool:

Top Bottom