Kala KA-S soprano MGM setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoukulele

Reaction score
Kala KA-S soprano MGM setup - SOLD

SOLD This is my first ukulele I bought from Musicgucmic who does a great job of setting up instruments and switches strings out to Aquila. The uke is a few months old but in great shape. The is a small ding/chip on the lower/back binding and I tried to photograph it. It would be a great starter, knockaround or beater. I would not be selling it except I am trying to buy a koaloha and need to unload.

Price is 60 including shipping to mainland US. Alaska, Hawaii or overseas is extra.

Here are specs:

• Mahogany Construction
  • White Binding Top & Back
  • 12 Frets Total
  • 1 3/8" Neck Width at Nut
  • 13-1/2" Soprano Scale
  • 5-1/8" Upper Bout
  • 4-1/4" Waist
  • 6-5/8" Lower Bout

If you have any questions please ask. Here are some photos:

Attachments

• _MG_4393.jpg
    _MG_4393.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 60
  • _MG_4397.jpg
    _MG_4397.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 33
  • _MG_4402.jpg
    _MG_4402.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 28
  • _MG_4406.jpg
    _MG_4406.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 37
  • _MG_4398.jpg
    _MG_4398.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
More photos:

Attachments

• _MG_4394.jpg
    _MG_4394.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 8
  • _MG_4404.jpg
    _MG_4404.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 9
  • _MG_4396.jpg
    _MG_4396.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 12
I can pick it up this wekend...... Where are you located........Send me a pm

Just curious but here again I read that MGM switches the strings on Kalas to Aquilas. I live in Canada and the store I buy from knows little about ukes but is a distributor for Kala and just orders them in and gives them to you. I don't think they even open the box. I have bought 2 Kalas (a Jazz archtop and a pineapple) in the last 2 weeks and both came right from Kala with Aquila strings. They even had a little card attached to say so.

Hmmm, not sure the52blues? I think maybe they used to come with cheapo strings. MGM does do a setup on the uke and from my bad guitar playing days it makes a difference.

Dentuke (dentist?) I am in midtown NY. Not far from the lincoln tunnel. 23rd st and 7th.

send me a pm....... we can meet on the week end or maybe friday before the uke cabaret

The Ukulele Cabaret is back again, March 26th, but at a new location, the P&G Bar on the Upper West Side. The Cabaret's former home in the East Village was nice but not big enough for it's overflow crowd. The famous P&G Bar itself recently moved into its new 2,700-square-foot home that features a separate performance space.

The Cabaret's hosts Sonic Uke write:

For those of you who have not experienced the Ukulele Cabaret, you are in for a treat. Leave your expectations at the door. Dozens of ukulele performers will wow you with everything from rock to opera; punk to glam; Hawaiian to Maori; mod to new wave; Beatles to Bach; country to vaudeville; sleazy to sexy; crooners to comedy; folk to metal; experimental to just down right mental.

From seasoned professionals to daring new performers, the Ukulele Cabaret is a breading ground for new and surprising acts.

Here's the line up:

8:00 PM

Lisa Gardner

Roberto Buscarsi

John Raido

Karl Schmitt

Carl Carrara

9:00 PM

Dr. Uke and Daughters

Howie Leifer

Educated Flea

Rick Bruner (That's me!)

Alex Sarmiento

10:00 PM

Jamie Scandal

Reggie Wingnutz

Alan Drogin

Sarah King

Moose Karloff

11:00 PM

Sonic Uke with Sweet Soiubret and Dolan Byrnes

Bedroom Community

The Ukemen

Carmen Borgia

Jason Maniscalco

Hot Time Harv and his Rollercoster of Kicks

P&G Bar

380 Columbus Avenue, at 78th Street

212-724-2363

Details: Sonic Uke and Ukulele Cabaret: 646-257-3747
efore the uke cabaret

I thought I was going to sell this over the weekend but buyer/seller just could not coordinate our schedules so it is still available for now. I have also listed this on fleamarket.

It was mentioned awhile back that Aquila would be Kala's factory installed string.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom