2 Makapilis for sale <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas

Reaction score
I have 2 New Makapili Ukuleles for sale.

Makapili ukuleles are made by me in my workshop in Italy.

The first one is a Concert Pineapple. It is solid Acacia Confusa, with an Indian Rosewood fretboard and bridge. The neck is spanish cedar.

It is a great ukulele, but has 2 very small flaws in the headstock. The price reflects this.

The price is 475 Euros including shipping within Europe.

Price reduced to 400 Euros.

Attachments

• con-top.jpg
    con-top.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 111
  • con-fretboard.jpg
    con-fretboard.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 73
  • con-headstock.jpg
    con-headstock.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 70
  • con-back.jpg
    con-back.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 61
  • con-ssp.jpg
    con-ssp.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
THE SOPRANO IS SOLD

The second ukulele is a Soprano.

It is also solid Acacia Confusa, with a one piece top and back. The fretboard and bridge are Indian Rosewood, and the neck is spanish cedar.

This ukulele looks and sounds really nice.

It also has a very small flaw in the headstock.

The price is 375 Euros including shipping within Europe. SOLD

Take care,
Thomas

Attachments

• sop-side.jpg
    sop-side.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 48
  • sop-headstock.jpg
    sop-headstock.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 57
  • sop-back.jpg
    sop-back.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 50
  • sop-top.jpg
    sop-top.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Both of these ukuleles are still available.

I dont think I will be reducing the price this time, because they are already priced well below what they are worth.

These are the last two sets of Acacia Confusa that I have available to me. After this I dont think I will be able to get any more of it. I will be using Koa in the future and charging considerably higher proces for my instruments. The Acacia I have been using looks very nice, and has sounded every bit as good as the Koa I have built with. It is a shame that only lower end builders have used other Acacia species up until now. I feel that the wood, and therefore my instruments are undeservedly labeled as cheap because of this. Acacia is an excellent tonewood. However I feel that some Asian factories have tarninshed its reputation. I assure you that my instruments are in no way cheap, as anyone who has played one can attest to.

Take care,
Thomas

thomas;345337 but has 2 very small flaws in the headstock. The price reflects this.[/QUOTE said:
What are the flaws, thomas?

Hi fivetide,

The flaws on the concert are a small scratch on the headstock, and a 1mm long crack in the macassar ebony headstock veneer. Neither are structural problems at all, and they are barely noticeable. But I cant fail to mention them, since I did notice them.

Take care,
Thomas

These Ukuleles are still avialable.

Take care,
Thomas

Both of these ukuleles are still available.

I am going to include a nice hard case with the soprano.

Take care,
Thomas

They do look and sound incredible! I'm just not looking for a new uke right now. Great looking workmanship.

The soprano is now sold.

The concert is still available.

Take care,
Thomas

The concert is still available...

Take care,
Thomas

The concert is still available.

I dont want to reduce the price, but I am willing to consider reasonable offers.

Take care,
Thomas

I really dont want to do this, but I will reduce the price of the concert to 400 Euros, still including shipping within Europe.

Take care,
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom