Musical Instrument Makers Forum

I've been a member of MIMF for years. It has its good and less good points like any other forum.
Check out the $100 Challenge under 'Other Stringed Instruments'. Some incredible work there including a few ukulele.

One great thing about MIMF is the Library of archived discussions. This is an immense source of information on all aspects of luthery from electrical wiring to side bending. To access the library you have to register (free) and give your name (they don't accept 'handles') and your Email address. Definitely worth a look!

Last edited:
I'm checkin' it out--thanks. My first thought upon seeing the site is "The 90's called, and they want their web design back." ;)

I've been a member of MIMF for years. It has its good and less good points like any other forum.
Check out the $100 Challenge under 'Other Stringed Instruments'. Some incredible work there including a few ukulele.

One great thing about MIMF is the Library of archived discussions. This is an immense source of information on all aspects of luthery from electrical wiring to side bending. To access the library you have to register (free) and give your name (they don't accept 'handles') and your Email address. Definitely worth a look!

I quit going there because just about every post has to do with the $100 challenge and its pretty difficult to navigate through each one and the new topics get pushed to the bottom. They really should have developed a specific section for the $100 challenge. I never was too impressed with the format but they have a great archive of information, so I tend to spend more time in the library section than on the discussion forums. I recently discovered the New Zealand/Australian Luthiers site and it is great.

Andrew

Top Bottom