Here's the pics...Thanks to some new friends here!

NewbieUkie

Reaction score
Well, I went from NO ukes to THREE in just one week, mainly due to the help of some new-found friends here who had a uke or two for sale, and to many others who made such great suggestions, and still others who have posted such valuable information in the past! I'm still doing a LOT of homework here on this great site, but if I waited to read it ALL I would have never OWNED anything! There's a LOT to read here!!

Anyway....here's what has found it's way to my home in since I joined this forum last week:

UkuleleCollection1.jpg

Here's all three neatly lined up...sorry about my poor photography!

UkuleleBaritoneGiannini1.jpg

The Cordoba 25SK Soprano....Gary, it was everything you promised and more....thanks!

UkuleleCordoba25SKSoprano1.jpg

The Baritone...a really nice mahogany instrument Made In Brazil

UkuleleGStringTenorTK6a.jpg

The GString TK6 (Tenor Koa 6 String) Thanks Nik, for an AWESOME deal on a spectacular instrument! (And thanks for the extras you included with it!

Now, after laboriously tuning these bad boys, I have had the pleasure of playing around a little with each one....it's hard to say so early in the game which is going to be my favorite, as each has it's own unique personality, but it isn't too early to thank all of you, especially the guys named here, for helping me get started on my path to a VERY cool new hobby!
Thanks Guys!

Last edited:
You've got some pretty girls there! Congrats!

Thanks Seeso! I may be losing one already...My youngest son, who's 10, and plays the piano, very nicely, and the guitar, amazingly well for his age, has asked to "fool around" with the Baritone, and is playing a couple chord progressions as I type, having easily transposed his guitar playing ability over to the Baritone with the words, "Dad, this is easy!".

GOD! To be THAT young again...when it was so simple to pick up something new and just DO it!

cool! i have a giannini classical guitar. didnt know they made ukes too.

I actually had a really nice Giannini dreadnought acoustic back in the very early 70's.....guess I'm dating myself! But I remember it was very sweet rosewood back and sides (maybe even brazilian, come to think of it...what would it be worth now??) with a sitka spruce top, all solid woods, that would have rivaled any other brand in it's day. I wish I still had it!

NewbieUkie said:
The Cordoba 25SK Soprano....Gary, it was everything you promised and more....thanks!
You're very welcome, Richard. :)
I like the other 2 ukes you picked-up here, too!

You're very welcome, Richard. :)
I like the other 2 ukes you picked-up here, too!

Quick comment to those of you who haven't tried these Cordoba ukes....
I had a friend of a friend over tonight.
My buddy had told HIS buddy about my new found love, the ukulele,because his friend is an experienced player and he wanted to see my new collection.
He brought over his own vintage Martin uke, which he described as "the love of his life", (is that SAD or what??? :p Just kidding!), and after playing HIS old uke, which sounded GREAT, and then all 3 of mine, pronounced the Cordoba as the Martin's "equal" both tonally and from a playability perspective. Now, He wouldn't compare the others to his Martin, because he felt only a soprano should be compared to a soprano, for purposes of "apples to apples" review, although he liked the other two very much.
But he actually said that this little Cordoba, that Gary sold me for less than 200 dollars, sounded as great as his vintage Martin, and played just as easily!
Now, the playability I can't attest to, but the tone?
Every one in the room agreed that the Cordoba was every bit as sweet as the Martin, and to make things fun, we did a "blind tone test" by calling my wife into the room, and he played both ukes while her back was turned. She preferred the tone of the Cordoba! Now, granted, that is about as subjective an opinion, (which tone is nicer) as you could ever possibly get, but the fact is, we all agreed...a unanimous opinion!

So...AGAIN...Thanks Gary!!! And to those of you who have ever considered these Cordoba's, take another look! And to those of you who tried one and didn't like it, maybe either you got a bad one or this example is an anomaly, but this $200 uke has just beat a vintage Martin right here in my own home!

That's truly a great find and deal newbie. In the end the only reason I decided not to go with the cordoba was the hit or miss reputation I seemed to get in terms of quality. People either felt like it was an unbelievable deal or that the workmanship was shoddy, and since I can't really get my hands on the actual instrument prior to buying I wanted to get something that had a record of quality across the board.

I want 3 good ukes like this :( :( :(

I NEED MONEY NOW! congrats dude, beautiful ukuleles

Thanks!
But keep in mind, I got lucky, I would never have had these great finds in just one week without the guidance of the guys here and their advice, as well as the incredible deals I got from these fellow members!

That's killer! Haha, I bought four in a three week period. I too came from a different instrument (electric bass) where one good bass still costs significantly more than all four of my ukes. Kinda fun!

What a great point! It's true......all 3 of my ukes together didn't cost what I paid for one of my least expensive guitars!! This is not only a fun hobby, but really easy to make the leap to a professional, hand crafted example, without the years of waiting and saving and longing that it takes sometimes to get that "dream guitar"!

Top Bottom