KoAloha withdrawal

guitharsis

Reaction score
Travelling and will be away from home for 3 weeks. Brought my Lehua soprano with me. Stopped by a local NC music store yesterday and found a KoAlana sapele concert waiting for me. The store owner quite liked my Lehua soprano (nice woods etc.) and before you know it . . . Didn't intend to trade it. Really. :) Okay, was more than happy to trade it in on a KoAlana made by KoAloha, I don't have to worry about taking on a plane, to the beach or when little hands are grabbing it from me. The workmanship isn't the same as a KoAloha and it's quite a bit heavier, but it sounds really good with the KoAloha flourocarbon srings and feels "familiar".

Given the lineup of ukes in your house, it makes sense that you got that as your travel uke! The only real question now is....when are you getting a pineapple sunday?

Don't expect to get a Pineapple Sunday anytime soon, although I do love them.:)

Really surprised at how nice the KoAlana is. It would be a fine first or only ukulele for anyone at my playing level. Great sound, good playability. loud; haven't found anything better or as good at that price point.

Sounds like just the ticket for you! I hope to get to see your Koalana (and all the rest) eventually at uke group. I can't make the meeting on 4/1....I'll be out of town. Someday, though!

where did you find a store in my state (nc) carrying koalanas? just curious.

Sounds like just the ticket for you! I hope to get to see your Koalana (and all the rest) eventually at uke group. I can't make the meeting on 4/1....I'll be out of town. Someday, though!

I won't be at the 4/1 meeting either. Will still be out of town. Would like to see your new Kiwaya Tele Rock Uke. Maybe in May.

where did you find a store in my state (nc) carrying koalanas? just curious.

NC Ukulele Academy www. alohau.com in Wilmington NC. Kent Knorr has his store well stocked. He had one more KoAlana, a soprano, and some KoAlohas too.
Kent is very knowledgeable and helpful. He wll answer any questions you may have.

Edit: Returned today and got a KoAlana Soprano. Still has one left and there was another KoAlana Concert available too. Great ukes for the price!
Kent does a great set-up too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom