Opinions anyone?

TheVandal

Reaction score
Anyone have any opinions on which uke to get?
Kala Cedartop tenor
Mele Koa top, mahogany back and sides
Kelii all koa Concert?
Thanks!

All 3! Haha.. Well the Oscar Schmidt is a tenor, right? So maybe the Kelii for the made in Hawaii "aloha". The keli'i ukes sound nice and it's a concert so a new size for a different feel!

I have a tenor Mele koa/mahogany w/ Fishman pickup that I just might sell. It's heavily used, though. I'm the third owner, and I'm looking to upgrade. PM if interested. Otherwise, I'll try to sell it back to haolejohn who regretted parting with it to begin with. :p

Anyone have any opinions on which uke to get?
Kala Cedartop tenor
Mele Koa top, mahogany back and sides
Kelii all koa Concert?
Thanks!

My gut says the Kelii - but after many ukes made of many woods, I've found I like the sound of the koa ones I have the best (all the rest are now sold/traded). Of course, the koa ones were also the most expensive and the only all-solid wood ones, too - maybe that has something to do with it as well. Still - my vote is Kelii.

I would chose Kelii. Never played one but have heard good things about them. I have sold both Kala ukes that I have owned (nothing wrong just wanted something nicer) and returned a Mele (because I didn't like the 6 string nothing wrong with the uke). I have heard good things about Mele but I would still go with the koa.

I'd say look them up on Youtube and listen to different songs and sound samples.

Then search through the ukulele reviews section for reviews of those ukuleles

Then make your decision ;)

Top Bottom