Cheapies fans enabler alert: Lightning deal on Amazon

Sambient

Reaction score
This initial post pertains to a sale that was on Thursday March 25, and is no more. But every rare now and then, one of these deals surfaces. It was fun shopping with my fellow enthusiasts. Now we can compare notes on our new beaters as they arrive.

The first two lightning deals on Amazon today are a Lanikai ukulele for 34.99 and a polyfoam case for 19.99.

Those of you looking for a starter uke for someone else, a Lanikai concert was my husband's ukulele gateway drug (and thus mine) and it remains a quality instrument for the price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox

First deal is starting in an hour and a half.

Last edited:
Probably the LU-11, which is only a few dollars more than that price. I'd be impressed/surprised if it would be the LU-21.
But going by the reviews there it seems that even the LU-11 is strung with Aquilas.

In for one!

JJ

Oh, and don't forget to click the "Free Super-Saver Shipping" button when you order it. You'll save several dollars, and (in my experience at least) they still ship it quickly. You might have to wait an extra day or two, tops.

JJ, waiting for the case...

Oh, and don't forget to click the "Free Super-Saver Shipping" button when you order it. You'll save several dollars, and (in my experience at least) they still ship it quickly. You might have to wait an extra day or two, tops.

JJ, waiting for the case...

+1 on Super saver shipping. I've ordered a lot from Amazon, no really big difference in speed

What a great deal! As much as I think I should jump on this, I'm holding off. It wouldn't be worth the trouble it would cause at home.... ;)

I need another like a hole in the head.. I been playing Uke for a week, and already own 4 of them.. Is that a problem?

I need another like a hole in the head.. I been playing Uke for a week, and already own 4 of them.. Is that a problem?

Yes, it's a problem.

You obviously need three more. A Monday uke, a Tuesday uke, a Wednesday uke...

I say jump on this deal. They list for $90. Amazon is selling it for $35, so you're saving $55.

So you save $55, minus the $35 you pay for the uke... why, it's like they're paying you $20 to get this ukulele!

JJ

Yes, it's a problem.

You obviously need three more. A Monday uke, a Tuesday uke, a Wednesday uke...

I say jump on this deal. They list for $90. Amazon is selling it for $35, so you're saving $55.

So you save $55, minus the $35 you pay for the uke... why, it's like they're paying you $20 to get this ukulele!

JJ

Well, I said that, because I did jump on it. I bought one, and that is now my 4th in a week.. But one, I think I am gonna put on Ebay anyway. My cheapie Kola I did allot of work on and made it a fairly nice playing Uke. I took the bridge and nut off, filed them and lowered the action substancially, upgraded to Ping geared tuners, and Aqulias. Much nicer playing that it was out of the box. I may put that one on Ebay and recoup the $35 for the Amazon deal..

In for one. Damn, I'm a sucker. Will probably set this aside for a give away. I gave away the first two cheapies I had. One to my youngest son and one to my niece. They are both enjoying their ukes.

That's a ridiculous price. The Lanikai LU-21 is identical to my first ever uke, the Hudson HUK-S and I still think that with Aquilas it throws out a lovely crisp sound. My Hudson has the Lanikai bridge too and is *exactly* like the Lanikai, but cost nearer $100 (£69) in the UK from Crane's.

The first two lightning deals on Amazon today are a Lanikai ukulele for 34.99 and a polyfoam case for 19.99.

Thanks! I ordered my LU-21 uke... but wasn't able to find the case.

Does the case come up as a separate deal later in the day? Or did I already miss it?

If the case deal is already over, could anyone suggest to me the least expensive source for a case that would provide some degree of protection (polyfoam sounds about right)? I have 2 soprano ukes and would like to be able to bring them along on family car trips without scratches/dents.

Top Bottom