PDA

View Full Version : New Ohana CK-75CG phot's and vid finally uploaded check it out

casarole45
03-25-2010, 10:00 AM
This is a stunning uke, flammed maple solid back/sides, spruce top solid. Abalone dressings with greens and blues.

Video is at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6GjRTkHCpY

Sound wise it has a really nice bright tone, brighter than mahogany, it looses some of that lower/mid tone that gives mahogany that mellow feel to give you some comparison. It also feels really nice and loose to play.

My photo's don't do it justice, I don't have my camera head on so artisticness and focus/light play didn't really come into it.... but here it is.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/images/misc/pencil.png

mangorockfish
03-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Beatiful uke, and great picking. I thought they had amber buttons on them. Did you order it with white or did you change them or is that the way they come now?

SailQwest
03-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Sweet! Your Ohana is the most beautiful production ukulele I have ever seen, and the only uke to stimulate my UAS in quite a while. (I am so jealous...)

But I'm curious about how the volume is compared to your Mainland Mahogany Concert. I love spruce tops, but without a hard body their volume can be a bit wimpy.

PorkLover
03-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Beautiful playing and beautiful uke. I like the crispness and cleanliness of the tone. Also a big fan of the cutout on a concert. Hopefully my local uke supplier (ie fixer) will have this to play with.

casarole45
03-25-2010, 12:29 PM
@mangorockfish, Thanks. I've only seen them with white, I ordered it as stock so its just how they delivered. They match in nicely with the Ohana Ukulele text on the headstock really well though which is white. A green would have looked really good too as that would have matched in with the Abalone dressing.

@Sailqwest, the volumes pretty similar, but in the lower frequency range it doesn't have so much volume/punch which I guess you could call a thiner (wimpier) sound compared to the mahog. That though is the reason I really like it because of its bright high sound.

@porklover (love the name =D ). Yeah this is the first cutout where I've thought, wow that looks even better with the cut out, its nice as well as theres a couple of things I've been working on where a normal body is stopping me from holding higher chords and the cut out just makes it so much easier.