New Ohana CK-75CG phot's and vid finally uploaded check it out

casarole45

Reaction score
This is a stunning uke, flammed maple solid back/sides, spruce top solid. Abalone dressings with greens and blues.

Video is at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6GjRTkHCpY

Sound wise it has a really nice bright tone, brighter than mahogany, it looses some of that lower/mid tone that gives mahogany that mellow feel to give you some comparison. It also feels really nice and loose to play.

My photo's don't do it justice, I don't have my camera head on so artisticness and focus/light play didn't really come into it.... but here it is.

P1070423.jpgP1070421.jpgP1070427.jpgP1070408.jpgP1070412.jpg
pencil.png

Beatiful uke, and great picking. I thought they had amber buttons on them. Did you order it with white or did you change them or is that the way they come now?

Sweet! Your Ohana is the most beautiful production ukulele I have ever seen, and the only uke to stimulate my UAS in quite a while. (I am so jealous...)

But I'm curious about how the volume is compared to your Mainland Mahogany Concert. I love spruce tops, but without a hard body their volume can be a bit wimpy.

Beautiful playing and beautiful uke. I like the crispness and cleanliness of the tone. Also a big fan of the cutout on a concert. Hopefully my local uke supplier (ie fixer) will have this to play with.

@mangorockfish, Thanks. I've only seen them with white, I ordered it as stock so its just how they delivered. They match in nicely with the Ohana Ukulele text on the headstock really well though which is white. A green would have looked really good too as that would have matched in with the Abalone dressing.

@Sailqwest, the volumes pretty similar, but in the lower frequency range it doesn't have so much volume/punch which I guess you could call a thiner (wimpier) sound compared to the mahog. That though is the reason I really like it because of its bright high sound.

@porklover (love the name =D ). Yeah this is the first cutout where I've thought, wow that looks even better with the cut out, its nice as well as theres a couple of things I've been working on where a normal body is stopping me from holding higher chords and the cut out just makes it so much easier.

Top Bottom