Koaloha Sceptre Tenor

UkeDan77

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a Koaloha Tenor Sceptre? They seem to be hard to come by.

Have you tried contacting them (KoAloha) personally???? They are very nice folks.

Poppa KoAloha is making a batch of Pineapple Sundays right now, then he is going to do a batch of Sceptres. So in about 3 months there should be more on the market.

You can also go to their website & view the dealer list. Start calling around & see who has some in stock. I have found success doing that.

It all depends on your sense of urgency. :)

Anyone know where I can find a Koaloha Tenor Sceptre? They seem to be hard to come by.

Check out acoustic vibes music in arizona. I think their website is something like that .com:) I just tried to search it but i got no results with our search engine. everything is blocked. I got mine there used.

Ukulele Source in San Jose, CA had one in their shop when I was there last weekend. Super nice people too. Don't know if they ship but I imagine you guys can work something out. If you call, tell them that Mark from Sacramento sent you over.

Poppa KoAloha is making a batch of Pineapple Sundays right now, then he is going to do a batch of Sceptres. So in about 3 months there should be more on the market.

Hmm, so now I have three months to save the money and convince the spouse that my Pineapple Sunday is lonely without a fellow KoAloha near her. Ooh, that is going to be a tough one. I think it will be harder to do the convincing than to do the saving. My mom and friends already want me committed as an obsessed UAS sufferer. Of course they have no idea what UAS is, they just think I'm crazy.

Hmm, so now I have three months to save the money and convince the spouse that my Pineapple Sunday is lonely without a fellow KoAloha near her. Ooh, that is going to be a tough one. I think it will be harder to do the convincing than to do the saving. My mom and friends already want me committed as an obsessed UAS sufferer. Of course they have no idea what UAS is, they just think I'm crazy.

They just don't understand do they Staci. OCD-UAS and now it has mutated into KUAS. I feel your pain. LOL

Check out acoustic vibes music in arizona. I think their website is something like that .com:) I just tried to search it but i got no results with our search engine. everything is blocked. I got mine there used.

:agree:

I work just around the corner from Acoustic Vibes...great shop and Jeff is a helluva nice guy! I was just in there on Monday, and while he didn't have any Sceptres, he might be able to help you out. Here's the link...

http://www.acousticvibesmusic.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=170

~Michael

Thanks for all the leads! I took me forever but I think I may have located one (fingers crossed!). It will cost $1250 (this includes shipping). So here's my new question..LOL.

I was also considering the Ko'aloha tenor which is $900. So for a few hundred dollars more, I can get a sceptre. Is the Sceptre really that much better than the standard tenor? Or am I just better off saving the money and just getting the Sceptre.

My thoughts are that the sceptre is more like a work of art and will not depreciate in value, if anything, over time it may appreciate if for whatever reason I want to sell it.

Your thoughts please :)

Thanks for all the leads! I took me forever but I think I may have located one (fingers crossed!). It will cost $1250 (this includes shipping). So here's my new question..LOL.

I was also considering the Ko'aloha tenor which is $900. So for a few hundred dollars more, I can get a sceptre. Is the Sceptre really that much better than the standard tenor? Or am I just better off saving the money and just getting the Sceptre.

My thoughts are that the sceptre is more like a work of art and will not depreciate in value, if anything, over time it may appreciate if for whatever reason I want to sell it.

Well I was in your same shoes. I went with the sceptre b/c I got a great deal on mine. I have been very pleased with it. I have played it along side some koaloha tenors and it is as kloud as two of them. I will end up with a koaloha tenor eventually but it has to have the crown bridge. So basically you will not go wrong with the sceptre.

I think you should definitely opt for the Sceptre. They are very tough to find, and I don't think they will ever depreciate in value. The tenors won't depreciate either, but there are many more of them out there. The only exception to that might be if you can find a tenor with a crown bridge -- like haolejohn and I would like. Those are increasingly rare and no longer made. Sceptres are not made often, but they are at least not discontinued yet. If you don't buy that Sceptre though, I'd be curious to know where it is. :)

considering you wrote your choices as (1) for a few hundred dollars more, I can get a Sceptre; or (2) am I better off saving the money and just getting the Sceptre,

:)

I think your choice is clear. I'm not above typos (make many myself), but I think this is your subconcious telling you what to do and you will undoubtedly regret it if you don't buy it.

I love both the KoAloha Tenor and Sceptre. I think they're both quite different. And I'm sure neither of them will depreciate (esp since my tenor has a one piece top, back, and sides, and a rare crown string through bridge--you pull the string through the soundhole to tie the knot). The Tenor has a more traditional ukulele sound, but with more bright tone and more treble. The sceptre is more of a booming sound. Of course, the sceptre has the cooler look, and makes all your friends say OOOOoooOOH, but both are beautiful. You'll probably end up getting both eventually...so it becomes a question of which one you want more at this point. Both are excellent choices.

Ok I ordered the Sceptre this afternoon...the guy says he will ship it out tomorrow so I am hoping I have it by the end of the week:) I'm very excited as I think I will be very happy with it. Now I need some feedback on humidifiers and hygrometers. This will be my first all wood uke, so I want to make sure that I don't destroy it with low humidity...although living in Florida, I don't think humidity will ever be an issue. Any suggestions on a good company for a humidifier and hygrometer? and where I can order it?

Thanks,
Dan

Ok I ordered the Sceptre this afternoon...the guy says he will ship it out tomorrow so I am hoping I have it by the end of the week:) I'm very excited as I think I will be very happy with it. Now I need some feedback on humidifiers and hygrometers. This will be my first all wood uke, so I want to make sure that I don't destroy it with low humidity...although living in Florida, I don't think humidity will ever be an issue. Any suggestions on a good company for a humidifier and hygrometer? and where I can order it?

Thanks,
Dan

Mike at ukerepublic had some cases with built-in hygrometers (the thing that measures humidity right?)

Thanks,
Dan

Congratulations Dan. We look forward to seeing photos of it. Be sure and join the KoAloha Crowns fanclub. http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/group.php?groupid=21

And if you don't mind my asking, since they are so tough to find, where did you get yours from?

Top Bottom