Changing friction tuners???

xoukulele

Reaction score
I just bought a sprucehouse s-o ukulele and I do not like the friction tuners that came with them. I purchased the tuners that Mainland uses as a replacement. What do I need to do to replace them before I take apart the uke.

I searched everywhere for installation or replacement info but the closest I could find was for the pegheds which are tapers and not like friction tuners.

Thanks

Step 1: Completely remove the screw which goes through the tuner button (the one you also use to adjust tension).

Step 2: Tuner falls apart - remove bits and replace with new tuners.

If step 2 fails, pull off the tuner buttons - they may be a tight fit. Then all will fall apart.

Replacement is the reverse procedure - note where the washers and other small parts go when you take the new tuners apart to fit them.

Thanks ProfChris. While waiting for a reply I took them apart and the replacement unintentionally were the same size. The hold drilled for the tuners was slightly larger than the new 'thing' with ridges. I added some 5 minute epoxy put them in and waited. So far they are holding. Now I want to make my own pineapple!

Replacing friction tuners is a great time to move to geared tuners. You'll never look back.

Top Bottom