Gettin' in Tune

RichardC

Reaction score
Aloha all,
Hey, been playing the uke now for a few years but have played acoustic guitar for over 20. My question is about staying in tune. Having owned several guitars of various quality, I know that some would just stay in tune no matter what. I could take them to baja, get them in warm weather, anything, and barely have to adjust them. My ovation comes to mind. My latest Uke however, seems to have to be tuned each time I play and even during playing if I jam for more than a few hours. This particular uke is of moderate quality. Is this common with ukes? I also have not changed the strings of this new uke yet so factory stings may be a factor though I suspect not(only owned it for a few months). The C string seems to be the biggest culprit falling out down to B often. I don't mind tuning each time but just curious. Any suggestions appreciated. Mahalo!
Rich

What type of uke is it and what type of strings? Quality is a factor but new strings will also take time to set. Also, if they are low or high tension that will make a difference as well.. atleast, that's what I've found after using aquilla's, pro artes and worths clears.

The C string seems to be the biggest culprit falling out down to B often.
That's a pretty big drop. Do you have friction tuners? If so, it sounds like a loose tuner that needs to be tightened.

i cant play any ukulele more than a few songs and notice it somewhat out of tune the harmics are close but i hear a difference really fast ever watch Jake or James hill play they tune constantly

Top Bottom