MusicTeacher 2009 YT was suspended

Ukeattitude

Reaction score
Yesturday evening, the YT channel of Mike (UKULELE MIKE) was suspended without explanation :(
Here is the new link of the new channel of our most fabulous teacher ukelele web !!!
YouTube - Chaîne de MusicTeacher2010
Go there to subscribe and leave a little message of support.

Have a nice week end.
Pierre

Where's Mike

Looks like Ukulele Mike - YouTube user - MusicTeacher2009 has had his YouTube account suspended, and any vid I try to visit has been removed due to terms of use violation.

I thought instructional vids where allowed ?

This is a sad day for me, I started playing a few months ago and his vids where, and continued to be, really useful and fun source for learning. :(

Youtube cracking down on covers?

Seems Youtube has been cracking down on cover songs or any performances where the copyright holder of the song complains.
My guess is Mike is the latest victim. :(

Hope Youtube and the copyright holders stop being silly soon. Maybe it's just one or two songs that have to be removed.

This is not YouTube "being silly". They (YouTube) are powerless if the copyright holder complains, please read YouTube's use requirements.

Jimmy

His youtubes were the best and I learned a lot from him. I am totally bummed.

Will he be able to post them somewhere else?

There's another thread about this that I saw yesterday (sorry but I'm too lazy to to the search on my phone).

Mike has started a new YouTube channel: MusicTeacher2010

So far it looks like he's trying to avoid copyright issues by sticking to music styles and public domain songs. He's got some great stuff up already.

thanks for the info and it looks like some good stuff, but I was really looking for the pop songs that he can't put upt anymore......bummer

Last edited:
He's a great teacher and I'd consider his stuff to be classed as "Fair Use"
I've been caught out by YouTubes Policy whilst making MotoGP compilations, I believe all of this come about when Google bought YouTube, ie there's money to be chased now in Court. Thing is YouTube stuff can be considered as great "Viral Marketing" tool as it was, now it's just kinda SAD.

I reckon they'll "chip" us all at "Birth" soon enough.

Top Bottom