Loop Pedals

Try the Boss RC-2. Allows you to loop and save unlimited layers up to 16 minutes over 11 channels. This the no frills looper and you can't beat it for value...
www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=819
BossRC-2Big.gif

If you're serious, RC-50 is your best bet. Look them up on the Boss website
www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=772
boss_rc50.jpg

Dont bother with anything else. I am a long time player of Boss loopers and they are the standard.

This reminds me of my favorite application of looping. It's not Ukulele, but I hope you forgive me...

I think the first looper on the market was a Boomerang and was really expensive. They still manufacture their current model but it's still a lot of bucks and the Boss RC-2 does everything you need it too.

The RC-20XL splits the distance between the little Boss and the big Boss.

513R2ojzIjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's the one I have. It's pretty awesome. I've had it for a couple years now and am finally starting to really get the hang of punching the pedal at the right time (I don't use it all that much). Boss makes a very solid product and it does exactly what it say it does. The only thing that you can't do is change loops on the fly unless you turn the knob (but you can buy a separate pedal to do this). If you want a looper (be sure, because I sometimes wish I had just gotten a decent recorder) I highly recommend it. You might also want to check out Digitech, they have a new one out, but I don't know how good it is.

Thanks guys....that's ace.

I recently came into some money (I won a quiz show here in the UK!)
& I think I'll treat myself,
I already have a beautiful Koaloha and I'm picking up an amazing cigar box uke that's been made for me any day now.

I love playing without pedals, but a few months back I realised that all the music I love to watch live is really noizy, grungy & dirty
Now I want to experiment with my uke!

I want a noisy dirty one man band and I thought a loop pedal could help....what about distorted reverby rock n roll sounds....how do I get those on a uke?

Here's some examples of what I want to do...I'm gonna build the drums out of an old suitcase:

Bloodshot Bill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z1p3xgC0z4
Is it possible to get that guitar sound with a uke?
My cigar box will be drop G with G & C as steel strings.
And what about his voice? Is it effects or just an amazing voice?

Bob Log III: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqFE5fJ3xT4

And here's Seasick Steve who's pretty much a star in the UK now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNoPNC3ebYQ

I have the RC2, and it's the pedal that allows me the most fun of all the pedals I own. It's addictive, I'm sure.

I wanted the Boss, but even used it was a bit too expensive...
...so I ordered the DigiTech RP155 from Amazon for $89 shipped.
It got great reviews, and looks to do even more than the Boss.

Only has 20 sec. of loop, but doesn't see like a problem in this vid I found.

Last edited:
I have a Boss ME-70 and it has a Looper built into it, with a whole bunch of other effects.
But the quality of all the effects dimish a bit. I don't really care because it has everything!
Check it out! It's looper isn't as good as the pedals meant for looping but it does the job.

I recently asked a pro musician friend of mine this question. He recommended the same Boss RC-2 that happyslappysoong posted... Always been happy with anything Boss especially my AD-3 which I use mostly for it's DI capabilities...

If you're more on the software side you can always use ableton with a foot midi controller.

Top Bottom