Valley Made ukes....anyone ever hear one?

xoukulele

Reaction score
In my quest to find a standard pineapple with concert neck I thought I was going to get the Koaloha but kept my search open and came across Valley Made. Does anyone have one or hear one? Thoughts? Sounds, looks, build quality, etc.

I have not, but I am sure some others may have. I was also looking at a concert pineapple uke and Mele Ukulele makes one, I am not sure of your budget but it is on their web site for $299. I believe it is a solid mahogany. Better yet send a message to Ahnko, he is the Pineapple expert.

I have a ValleyMade Soprano Long Neck. Made of Hawaiian koa, looks gorgeous. Made by a local Oahuan who lives in Waianae, from my understanding. Sounds good! Not as deep or rich a tone a Kamaka or Kanilea, but less expensive than either ( however, not cheap either -- since it's made with Koa and made in America).

Having slight intonation issue with open C-string. Called the maker -- but have not had reply yet.
Also has "woodsy" aroma -- most noticeable when left in closed case for prolong period.

Happy with purchase overall. Recc compare with other koa ukes for best comparisson of sound.
Best value if you're looking for made in America hand made Koa uke!

Hope his helps.

Top Bottom