PDA

View Full Version : Just got home from Florida, new uke in hand!

Rzr
03-27-2010, 03:29 PM
I was down in Florida for the last two weeks and picked up a new uke on the way home. I bought a Big Island Ukulele gloss tenor cut a way with fishman pick up. I ordered it from Uke Republic before I went down and we met in Atlanta. Mike was wonderful to deal with and it was awesome to meet him. Haolejohn also took the time out of his day to meet me which was fabulous. We sat outside of a Starbucks, jammed a bit, checked out some different ukes that Mike brought by and chatted. The time flew by and I was on the road again. I only wish I had longer to hang out.

The ukulele is AWESOME!!! The finish is gorgeous and it sounds amazing! Mike upgaded the case, thanks, because the body is a bit wider and wouldn't fit in the one I had ordered. It's strung with Aquila high g right now but I have a set of Savarez that I'll put on tonight or tomorrow. I'm loving playing this ukulele and can't wait to plug it in, put the low g on it and can only imagine how good it will sound as it opens up.

I'm so excited I can't even think what else to write. Thanks again Mike!

Rzr
03-27-2010, 03:35 PM
More pics!

Papa Dave
03-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Beautiful! Dude, I am so green with envy. Congratulations!
Now. Get some vids up!

Rzr
03-27-2010, 03:52 PM
I might actually make my first vid with this beauty!!!

molokinirum
03-27-2010, 03:55 PM
That is a BEAUTY!!!! Congrats!! Is that Koa wood? Man what a nice trip and a great reminder. Yes can't wait to hear how it sounds, let us know when the vid is up.
Thanks for letting us share in the fun!!!

haolejohn
03-27-2010, 03:57 PM
I was down in Florida for the last two weeks and picked up a new uke on the way home. I bought a Big Island Ukulele gloss tenor cut a way with fishman pick up. I ordered it from Uke Republic before I went down and we met in Atlanta. Mike was wonderful to deal with and it was awesome to meet him. Haolejohn also took the time out of his day to meet me which was fabulous. We sat outside of a Starbucks, jammed a bit, checked out some different ukes that Mike brought by and chatted. The time flew by and I was on the road again. I only wish I had longer to hang out.

The ukulele is AWESOME!!! The finish is gorgeous and it sounds amazing! Mike upgaded the case, thanks, because the body is a bit wider and wouldn't fit in the one I had ordered. It's strung with Aquila high g right now but I have a set of Savarez that I'll put on tonight or tomorrow. I'm loving playing this ukulele and can't wait to plug it in, put the low g on it and can only imagine how good it will sound as it opens up.

I'm so excited I can't even think what else to write. Thanks again Mike!

That is a pretty ukulele. It sounds really nice as well. Ramon can rock the uke like few.

Rzr
03-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Sorry I should have said it's solid Mahogany.

molokinirum
03-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Sorry I should have said it's solid Mahogany.

Thanks, and man is that a Beauty!!!! (Sorry I'm repeating myself!!!!!LOL)

Rzr
03-27-2010, 04:03 PM
That is a pretty ukulele. It sounds really nice as well. Ramon can rock the uke like few.

You're too kind John. I just hit the strings and hope something good comes out of them.

Rzr
03-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks, and man is that a Beauty!!!! (Sorry I'm repeating myself!!!!!LOL)

Thanks I'm still in shock that it's mine!

spots
03-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Rzr,

That's a beautiful looking uke! Looking forward to hearing you play it!

ukulelezo
03-28-2010, 10:50 AM
It looks beautiful, Ramon! Can't wait to hear it.