Just got home from Florida, new uke in hand!

Rzr

Reaction score
I was down in Florida for the last two weeks and picked up a new uke on the way home. I bought a Big Island Ukulele gloss tenor cut a way with fishman pick up. I ordered it from Uke Republic before I went down and we met in Atlanta. Mike was wonderful to deal with and it was awesome to meet him. Haolejohn also took the time out of his day to meet me which was fabulous. We sat outside of a Starbucks, jammed a bit, checked out some different ukes that Mike brought by and chatted. The time flew by and I was on the road again. I only wish I had longer to hang out.

The ukulele is AWESOME!!! The finish is gorgeous and it sounds amazing! Mike upgaded the case, thanks, because the body is a bit wider and wouldn't fit in the one I had ordered. It's strung with Aquila high g right now but I have a set of Savarez that I'll put on tonight or tomorrow. I'm loving playing this ukulele and can't wait to plug it in, put the low g on it and can only imagine how good it will sound as it opens up.

I'm so excited I can't even think what else to write. Thanks again Mike!

Attachments

• DSC05123..jpg
    DSC05123..jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC05126..jpg
    DSC05126..jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC05118..jpg
    DSC05118..jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC05124..jpg
    DSC05124..jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC05121..jpg
    DSC05121..jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 44
More pics!

Attachments

• DSC05120..jpg
    DSC05120..jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC05115..jpg
    DSC05115..jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC05128..jpg
    DSC05128..jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC05122..jpg
    DSC05122..jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC05119..jpg
    DSC05119..jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 17
That is a BEAUTY!!!! Congrats!! Is that Koa wood? Man what a nice trip and a great reminder. Yes can't wait to hear how it sounds, let us know when the vid is up.
Thanks for letting us share in the fun!!!

I was down in Florida for the last two weeks and picked up a new uke on the way home. I bought a Big Island Ukulele gloss tenor cut a way with fishman pick up. I ordered it from Uke Republic before I went down and we met in Atlanta. Mike was wonderful to deal with and it was awesome to meet him. Haolejohn also took the time out of his day to meet me which was fabulous. We sat outside of a Starbucks, jammed a bit, checked out some different ukes that Mike brought by and chatted. The time flew by and I was on the road again. I only wish I had longer to hang out.

The ukulele is AWESOME!!! The finish is gorgeous and it sounds amazing! Mike upgaded the case, thanks, because the body is a bit wider and wouldn't fit in the one I had ordered. It's strung with Aquila high g right now but I have a set of Savarez that I'll put on tonight or tomorrow. I'm loving playing this ukulele and can't wait to plug it in, put the low g on it and can only imagine how good it will sound as it opens up.

I'm so excited I can't even think what else to write. Thanks again Mike!

That is a pretty ukulele. It sounds really nice as well. Ramon can rock the uke like few.

Rzr,

That's a beautiful looking uke! Looking forward to hearing you play it!

Top Bottom