My fail

thatguywiththeukulele

Reaction score
So i was sitting by my desk with my coroba 20-tm ce on my lap when all the sudden it falls. Thinking it was no big deal i picked it up only to discover that the bolts on the pick-up came off (i guess they were loose or something) i am to afraid to do anything myself so i took the strings off and backed it away...im going to guitar center tomorrow to fix it up...i got the warranty i cant find my receipt..hopefully guitar center keeps good records ={

Good luck with getting it sorted out.

I have to say that I doubt that damage caused by a drop will be covered by warranty. That's not really the store or manufacturer's responsibility...

When you say "bolts on the pick-up", can you be a bit more specific. I can't figure out which bolts you mean.

Good luck with getting it sorted out.

I have to say that I doubt that damage caused by a drop will be covered by warranty. That's not really the store or manufacturer's responsibility...

I'm agreeing here. Dropping is not a natural defect. It's pretty much your fault. Sorry.

if its not covered by the warranty...which i think it might be because i remember correctly the guy said "anything is covered by the warranty" or something like.....but if its not no biggy....im sure it cant be that much money its not like anything broke on the uke

Dropping is not a natural defect.
At least not in the ukulele. It does seem to be a pretty common defect in players, though!

Sorry thatguy, that's not a dig at you. It could happen to anyone. If there's no structural or cosmetic damage, just loose electronics, you're lucky. And if, as likely, GC won't cover it as warranty damage, you might just look for another shop or luthier near you to fix it. Knowing how the big shops like GC work, I'm not sure I'd trust my uke to their repair guy unless I knew him or her. And it's always good to develop a relationship with a good local luthier you can rely on.

Get in the habit of putting your uke on a stand or hanger or in its case every time it leaves your hands. Inconvenient, but that's the best long-term protection against accidents. Either that, or decide that it's just going to get knocked around, and don't worry about it unless you have to.

Good luck with the repair!

At least not in the ukulele. It does seem to be a pretty common defect in players, though!

Sorry thatguy, that's not a dig at you. It could happen to anyone. If there's no structural or cosmetic damage, just loose electronics, you're lucky. And if, as likely, GC won't cover it as warranty damage, you might just look for another shop or luthier near you to fix it. Knowing how the big shops like GC work, I'm not sure I'd trust my uke to their repair guy unless I knew him or her. And it's always good to develop a relationship with a good local luthier you can rely on.

Get in the habit of putting your uke on a stand or hanger or in its case every time it leaves your hands. Inconvenient, but that's the best long-term protection against accidents. Either that, or decide that it's just going to get knocked around, and don't worry about it unless you have to.

Good luck with the repair!

there really is not that many "non chain" music stores where i live...The guitar center i go to is actually mostly adult employees so im not worrying about some 16 year old messing with my uke...but then again you never know...thanks for your support ^.^

im not worrying about some 16 year old messing with my uke
Well, maybe not that, exactly. But having worked at one of those big stores, I know that, unfortunately, sometimes the repair guys wouldn't necessarily treat a $200 ukulele with the same respect as, say, a vintage Les Paul gold top. It's just the nature of a high-volume business, but there are good people, too. If you can talk to the repair tech personally, that usually helps a lot. And especially with a simple electronics repair like yours, you should (hopefully) be good to go.

Get in the habit of putting your uke on a stand or hanger or in its case every time it leaves your hands.
Note to self, eyeing my uke now sitting on the bed: Practice what you preach! ;)

ya if they cant fix it (i highly doubt the wont be able to) im saving up for an eleuke anyway and material things dont mean much anyway ^.^

will do! I'll post as soon as i get home from guitar center...Hopefully ill convince my mom (driver) to take me there today =3

Top Bottom