Lobster claws

Skrik

Reaction score
I have an irrational dislike of watching lobsters playing the ukulele (or guitar).

When fingerpicking, the fingers should be curled under the thumb, not sticking out in front of it. Please adjust your style accordingly. Thank you. That is all.

I have an irrational dislike of watching lobsters playing the ukulele (or guitar).

When fingerpicking, the fingers should be curled under the thumb, not sticking out in front of it. Please adjust your style accordingly. Thank you. That is all.
pictures please? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Are you serious? Whatever do you mean? Pics -- like haolejohn said.

I think he means this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxnhV5u6NLU

I was really hoping you would post a video of yourself demonstrating proper technique while playing classical guitar so I could make fun of that foot stool.

I wouldn't heed the advice, rather explicit instructions, from someone prefacing his request by admitting its basis is "irrational." Play however you feel comfortable in my opinion, unless there is a (unnamed in this example) benefit to switching styles.

well its so your thumb doesnt get in the way of your fingers...its good and even proper technique, I just dont care because I'm not advancing to that level

Maybe you should just look away.

I wouldn't heed the advice, rather explicit instructions, from someone prefacing his request by admitting its basis is "irrational." Play however you feel comfortable in my opinion, unless there is a (unnamed in this example) benefit to switching styles.

Indeed. The admission that I am being irrational is also the reason I am not going to point fingers, explain myself any further, or give a tutorial. Play, have fun, make beautiful music. Right hand technique comes second to all that.

I have an irrational like for people who use improper technique to create beautiful music.

Indeed. The admission that I am being irrational is also the reason I am not going to point fingers, explain myself any further, or give a tutorial. Play, have fun, make beautiful music. Right hand technique comes second to all that.

Well shootz.

I guess that this guys "lobster claw" is the incorrect way of playing his ukulele. His fingers are certainly not behind his thumb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIqZu_e2MI8

This fella does pretty well for himself.

7495915.jpg

I have a tendency to anchor my picking hand with my pinky finger like Knopfler.

Lobster with lots of warm butter.. and steamers..and beer.. it is good hand technique to wash well after eating before playing

Top Bottom