New uke day: My first Mainland!

portlandjosh

Reaction score
Today, UPS will drop off a package and I will sprint home from work to open my first Mainland uke. I am totally pumped! I had been emailing with Mike for a while about the various seconds he had, and ended up winning one of the ebay auctions.

I had to make room for it, so on Saturday I let my Kala mango concert go to a great guy here in Portland. It turns out I'll probably be running into him at some of the local uke events, like Portland Ukulele Association. I love uke players. He came over and played it a bit (totally impressed me and my kids with his playing) and went on his way.

As soon as I unpack it I'll post some pictures. It's a concert matte with slotted headstock. I even had him throw a Mi-Si in for good measure!

Cheers!

Remember to savor the experience, (a youtube video would be nice!) Congrats!:cool:

dude i just ordered a mainland today! should be coming Thursday!!!

I rushed home to open my new Mainland, and she is a beauty! Here are a few photos. I really like the matte finish, it is very different from the Kala mango gloss I had. There is a finish flaw on the headstock where it meets the nut (fully disclosed, it was a second) that I'll want to figure out how to touch up (any suggestions?).

I love the uke, though I haven't really played enough to comment to strongly. It has such a loud voice! Can't wait to try the Mi-Si pickup too. Will wait for the weekend to plug her in to my Mesa Boogie. Cheers!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Whoa, sooooo pretty!!!

Very nice! And a nice case to boot! Did you call in sick today?

It looks so excellent!! Not sure why I just made this connection now, but this mainland really reminds me of the Toy Story movies!
One day I will also have a mainland new uke day as well :) ...maybe in time for Toy Story 3

Top Bottom