Wanting to Trade: KoAloha Pineapple Sunday for a Taylor Guitar (maybe Martin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haolejohn

Reaction score
Here is the story. My dad is a guitar player and he hasn't worked in a long time. He has been thinking about full time ministry. I would like to get him a nice guitar. I of course spent my last money saved up for this dream guitar on a Pineapple Sunday. After much debate and prayer, I have decided to offer the PS for trade for a Taylor 300 series or higher (something of equal value). I am open to all offers but i may not except them. I will post pictures as soon as I can. Here are previous threads with this PS:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...nday-for-sale&highlight=Pineapple+Sunday+sale

BTW I am content with keeping this ukulele so please don't embarrass yourself with obvious low ball offers (baby taylor or 100 series). The PS is a factory second, with the 12th fret dot marker placed on the 13th fret. I have just ordered a new pineapple hardcase from koolau for it and that would be included in this deal. If you have an extra Taylor (or one not being used) and want to liquidate it and want a Pineapple Sunday, just PM me. Btw I am also open to throwing in other ukes or cash to get a better taylor but be advised that I have been furloughed for many days and I am losing $200 a month in lost income:)

hey john, how much would you want to do this for... i know i still owe you, but i would totally take that off your hands so you can buy a guitar for your dad and sing about blind man. XD

i will do that as soon as my phone is fully charged. I swear, it keeps dying quicker and quicker. I charged it last ..... week. i typically lasts longer than a few days. More like 5 or 6 days... not 3.

i will do that as soon as my phone is fully charged. I swear, it keeps dying quicker and quicker. I charged it last ..... week. i typically lasts longer than a few days. More like 5 or 6 days... not 3.

You can call me now:) I'm waiting *sexy pant, sexy pant*

Why a Martin or a Taylor? There's lots of other good guitars out there that you wouldn't have to give up a PS for. I've got a nice OM size Alvarez with rosewood back and sides (solid I think) with a solid spruce top, ebony fingerboard and bridge, hard case. It was owned by a fellow down in Ky. that had a mom and pop type of music store. He set it up with bone nut and saddle and used it at his church. He's a Chet Atkins/Merle Travis style finger picker. I traded for the guitar a few years ago and it's been in the back of my closet covered up with empty ukulele cases for some time. I've a health problem that won't let me rest anything on my thigh so have had to give up dobro, guitar and banjo. I value this guitar around $400 plus or minus fifty bucks so if you've got anything you'd want to make an even trade on let me know. Ukes, fiddles, mandolins, knives, quality fishing reels, exotic but not erotic gimcracks etc. Let me know.

Jude

It seems that Ronnie's Pineapple Sunday is really making the rounds. I hope that it doesn't get a complex from all the rejections.

John, I know from my earlier thread that you don't give your ukuleles names, but I have a couple of suggestions. Either Vagabond or Gypsy.

Why a Martin or a Taylor? There's lots of other good guitars out there that you wouldn't have to give up a PS for. I've got a nice OM size Alvarez with rosewood back and sides (solid I think) with a solid spruce top, ebony fingerboard and bridge, hard case. It was owned by a fellow down in Ky. that had a mom and pop type of music store. He set it up with bone nut and saddle and used it at his church. He's a Chet Atkins/Merle Travis style finger picker. I traded for the guitar a few years ago and it's been in the back of my closet covered up with empty ukulele cases for some time. I've a health problem that won't let me rest anything on my thigh so have had to give up dobro, guitar and banjo. I value this guitar around $400 plus or minus fifty bucks so if you've got anything you'd want to make an even trade on let me know. Ukes, fiddles, mandolins, knives, quality fishing reels, exotic but not erotic gimcracks etc. Let me know.

Jude

lol. My dad already owns a few takamines (one from 1977-martin sued them and a 1988 g series). He already has a decent guitar but he has always wanted a nice martin or taylor (kinda like us and "K" brand ukes).

It seems that Ronnie's Pineapple Sunday is really making the rounds. I hope that it doesn't get a complex from all the rejections.

John, I know from my earlier thread that you don't give your ukuleles names, but I have a couple of suggestions. Either Vagabond or Gypsy.

LOL!! To tell the truth, I never should have bought the PS. I didn't really have the money and what money I did have I was saving up for a guitar for my dad. Here was the thread I started on that topic: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?23053-Guitar-Purchase-help
The PS will be staying with me unless I get what my dad wants. He is a good dad. We are close. He is my hero and I just want to do something for him to bless him. If it means sacrificing something, I want, then so be it. I do like the vegabond or gypsy ( I think I am a gypsy or hippie or vegabond myself).

Last edited:
John - I don't know if you have already tried this, but there are a lot of upscale ukes bought, sold and traded on the FleaMarketMusic marketplace board. I don't think all of them read this forum. You might put an ad up there.

I thought about going there but I kind of want to keep the PS inhouse. If I get no takes on it (did get one nibble) then no big deal. I'll just start saving again. Then I get to keep my PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom