Tenor Necked Flea

jvann

Reaction score
I just noticed that you can now order a Flea with a tenor neck. They'd been talking about this on FMM back in January and it looks like they came out with it. Does anyone own one yet?

Looks like they just became available, so I should revise my question to: Has anyone ordered one yet? :)

I know I want one.

And I just got my new concert flea a few days ago! I gues I'll just have to get another one now.... :)

Gosh, and I just ordered my tenor fluke on friday! didn't see this was available. I asked about it a while ago and was told by FMM that the body was too small for it to work.. guess they tried it out hahaa.

Maybe I should call to try to change this tenor fluke to a tenor flea....

Looks like I may just need to make this my next uke haha. I'll be up to 2 tenor flukes, 1 concert flea, and 1 tenor flea from them then :p

Wonder how many will tip over from the added neck weight?

I've had my tenor taste, and just not into that scale length. It's a small thing, but the little extra bit of string tension takes some of the joy of playing away.
I'll bet a good number of players will be excited about this. As for me....meh. I like my Flea to be wee.

I just couldn't resist.... Called up FMM this morning and added a Tenor Mango Flea with Plastic Fretboard to my order (which has a Tenor Green Fluke, Rosewood Fretboard, Walnut Neck, Peghead Tuners). I'll post comparison pics of it to tenor flukes and concert fleas to see the sizing :)

I want a Koa FLEA with tenor neck and rosewood fretboard BAD now. Maybe have to sell a few of my babies... Hmmmm

So here it is!

Here's a comparison pic: Green Fluke Tenor with Peghead Tuners, Mahogany Fluke Tenor, Mango Flea Tenor, Custom Flea Concert.

4497114419_b2e0755fe6_o.jpg

BTW, the flea comes in a flea denim bag, fits very well.

ALSO, the wonderful people at FMM have begun adding foam strips to the backs of the fleas and flukes to help with holding against your chest while standing. They really do help a lot, I removed the ones from my green fluke tenor b/c this uke will be getting almost all outdoor play time and I want to keep it rugged, but it sure helps on the tenor flea since its essentially a super concert :)

AND they added a side dot on the polycarbonate fretboard at the fifth fret to help with playing, pretty nice addition.

4497114647_0f66b81334_o.jpg

It doesn't look as wonky as I thought it would. When you stand it up, does it feel like it will tip over easily?

Nice collection of ukuleles! It's kind of hard to tell, since some ukes are closer to the camera, but it appears that the Tenor Flea is almost as tall as the Tenor Fluke. What are the actual measurements on the lengths of each uke?

–Lori

Nice collection of ukuleles! It's kind of hard to tell, since some ukes are closer to the camera, but it appears that the Tenor Flea is almost as tall as the Tenor Fluke. What are the actual measurements on the lengths of each uke?

–Lori

I don't have a tape measure handy, but here's another pic. Fluke Tenor, Flea Tenor, Flea Concert. (the tuners are out as I'm modifying them and re stringing now)

4497848086_f213db9549.jpg

That's a good-lookin custom Flea ya got there Paul, your design? Is that color a stock color?

Nice collection!

How does the sound of the mahogany Fluke compare to the green one?

Darn you...now I want a tenor Flea...and I just got my watermelon! AHHH!!!

I don't have a tape measure handy, but here's another pic. Fluke Tenor, Flea Tenor, Flea Concert. (the tuners are out as I'm modifying them and re stringing now)

4497848086_f213db9549.jpg

That shows it pretty well. Looks like the concert Flea is a lot shorter than the tenor Flea, and maybe only an inch or two shorter than the tenor Fluke. How do you like those peghead tuners?
–Lori

That shows it pretty well. Looks like the concert Flea is a lot shorter than the tenor Flea, and maybe only an inch or two shorter than the tenor Fluke. How do you like those peghead tuners?
–Lori

The peghead tuners are a dream. I got them on this tenor b/c I'll be traveling alot with it and have to slacken and re-tune it in different places. They're really light too! I thought it would be heavier, but it feels the same to me.

Well if anyone had just ordered a flea, you should have like a month at least to make changes to your order. I ordered one in the first week of February, and was told it would be done middle to 3rd week of March. Still have not received it yet, despite being told it would be here today. "Hurry up and wait" if you order a flea or fluke. I did add the pickup while waiting. So adding atneor neck should be no problem for anyone.

Well if anyone had just ordered a flea, you should have like a month at least to make changes to your order. I ordered one in the first week of February, and was told it would be done middle to 3rd week of March. Still have not received it yet, despite being told it would be here today. "Hurry up and wait" if you order a flea or fluke. I did add the pickup while waiting. So adding atneor neck should be no problem for anyone.

Weird. I ordered my fluke about 2 weeks ago and only added the flea to my order last thursday.

Top Bottom