Dremel uses....

zdiver7

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering what all the Dremel can be used for? I know it's a very handy tool to have and I am planning on buying one, but just wanted to get more ideas on uses for it.

I know I want to get the precision base from stewmac, and possibly the soundhole rosette jig and binding router attachment ... eventually. Has anyone used this to trim off the excess on their back/soundboard in lieu of a laminate trimmer?

Thanks for all of your suggestions everyone!

I have used the Dremel recently and i can say that it IS a very useful tool. I have used it for shaping the tone bars and bracing, shaping the neck and headstock, and also for the delicate more precise sanding jobs on the soundboard and back.

I have several Dremel tools and use them all the time. I use them for inlay work, to cut and shape soundholes, to cut soundhole rosettes and to shape necks and heels. The sanding drums work well to shape all sorts of parts.

Brad

I use mine for inlay work with the stew mac router base....that's about it. Maybe some rough carving/shaping too
It just doesn't have the power or stability for much else. All the attachments I've tried still alow some wiggle at the bit.....then the gaps in the rosette or binding look like the grand canyon. A laminate trimmer does a much better job. (and lots of good models are cheaper than a dremmel)

P.S. The Stewmac rosette jig only goes down to 3" dia....kinda big for most uke work.

I've got no use for e'm..I had four..and they all burned out on me...go for something bigger and better.

Top Bottom