PDA

View Full Version : New Ohana ukes at Frankfurt

Ken Middleton
03-30-2010, 12:55 AM
Here are some of the new Ohana ukuleles on show at this year's Musikmesse at Frankfurt.

Click on the picture and you will see our new resonators, the tenor 5 string and a 10 string tiple.

Parlor Picker
03-30-2010, 04:19 AM
The way you use "our" prompts me to ask if you have some kind of affiliation with Ohana, Ken??

Harold O.
03-30-2010, 04:31 AM
I especially like "Musikmesse".

leftovermagic84
03-30-2010, 05:07 AM
The way you use "our" prompts me to ask if you have some kind of affiliation with Ohana, Ken??

He does. He's an absolutely great rep who truley knows and loves his product. If you have any questions, he's always been very helpful. Thanks again Mr. Middleton!

psesinkclee
03-30-2010, 05:26 AM
OMG TIPLE! I've been dying to get one for a while and just can't find an old one in decent condition at a fair price. Any idea when this will be available to the public??

Ken Middleton
03-30-2010, 06:05 AM

Theoretically I am International Marketing Manager, but I do a bit of everything.

Ken Middleton
03-30-2010, 06:14 AM
OMG TIPLE! I've been dying to get one for a while and just can't find an old one in decent condition at a fair price. Any idea when this will be available to the public??

Probably in the summer. But there may be one or two available earlier than that. The resonator part of each one is hand assembled in England. They take time to build.

RevWill
03-30-2010, 06:23 AM
Oooh! Reso-Vitas! Any idea what DRC means? (_____ resonator cone?)

Lori
03-30-2010, 06:26 AM
:love: Is that 5 string what I think it is??? Is it a High G/ Low G arrangement on one ukulele? If it is, that is something I have wanted to try for ages. I hope it will come in a gloss finish too!!!!

–Lori

Ken Middleton
03-30-2010, 06:26 AM
Oooh! Reso-Vitas! Any idea what DRC means? (_____ resonator cone?)

Delta Resonator Cones is the company we are working with. Colin Olham runs the company and makes the cones and the other parts by hand. Best in the world.

UKISOCIETY
03-30-2010, 06:28 AM
These are amazing, Ken. Thanks for the preview.

The hunger......the Hunger....!

Ken Middleton
03-30-2010, 06:36 AM
These are amazing, Ken. Thanks for the preview.

The hunger......the Hunger....!

There are also a few beautiful sopranos that I know you will like, Alan.

Ken Middleton
03-30-2010, 06:39 AM
:love: Is that 5 string what I think it is??? Is it a High G/ Low G arrangement on one ukulele? If it is, that is something I have wanted to try for ages. I hope it will come in a gloss finish too!!!!

–Lori

It is already in a gloss finish, Lori. I loved it. I will be taking it to several festivals fior people to try out: Paris, Dallas, Sarzana, Cheltenham, etc. Available soon.

Oh, and the answer is yes. It has high G and low G. You can even fingerpick it carefully and just play the high G if you want to.

Lori
03-30-2010, 07:27 AM
It is already in a gloss finish, Lori. I loved it. I will be taking it to several festivals fior people to try out: Paris, Dallas, Sarzana, Cheltenham, etc. Available soon.

Oh, and the answer is yes. It has high G and low G. You can even fingerpick it carefully and just play the high G if you want to.

Wow! In what sizes will it be offered? Is it mahogany? Any more details you can reveal???

–Lori

Ken Middleton
03-30-2010, 07:38 AM
Wow! In what sizes will it be offered? Is it mahogany? Any more details you can reveal???

–Lori

It is all-solid mahogany and will be available in tenor size. It is fitted with Aquila strings which make it sound wonderful.

kenikas
03-30-2010, 11:51 AM
OH...GREAT!! I had almost made up my mind to get the cedar top willow back & sides tenor, and now they come up with more options. Can UAS be terminal?

whatthekoon
03-30-2010, 12:40 PM
What's the tuning on that 10 string tiple and any idea on price?

Ken Middleton
03-30-2010, 08:34 PM
What's the tuning on that 10 string tiple and any idea on price?

The tuning is the same as a uke

1st = high A, high A
2nd = high E, low E, high E
3rd = high C, low C, high C
4th = high G, low G

All metral strings.

Haven't decided the price yet, but should be available by the early summer. I will most likely show it at the Lone Star Fest in Dallas next month.

In size it is quite a bit deeper than a a tenor.

Ken Middleton
03-31-2010, 12:05 AM
Here is a photo of Daniela, owner of Aquila Strings, playing one of the new resonators.

Daniela says she loved it as soon as she saw it.

Aquila strings continue, in my opinion, to be the top ukulele string manufacturer.

Their stand at Frankfurt was very busy all week.

molinee
03-31-2010, 04:00 AM
Hey Ken... All these new Ohana's coming out but what about their old standbys? I have been searching for the Ohana TK-50G for a long time now and I can't find one anywhere.... What's up with that? .... ;)

Ken Middleton
03-31-2010, 04:30 AM
Hey Ken... All these new Ohana's coming out but what about their old standbys? I have been searching for the Ohana TK-50G for a long time now and I can't find one anywhere.... What's up with that? .... ;)

All good quality tenors have been in short supply since just after Christmas (not just Ohanas). This applies to the US and Europe. I can't speak for other companies, but Ohana stockists will have more in soon. Ring them for details.

didgeridoo2
03-31-2010, 05:40 AM

Call McCabe's Guitar shop in Santa Monica, CA. I was there yesterday and they had a ton of Ohana Ukes. I don't recall seeing a TK-50G yesterday, but remember seeing one there a couple months ago.

rasputinsghost
03-31-2010, 08:14 AM
What's the price range on those Ohana resonators (especially the Vita Uke models)?

Also, is there gonna be an affordable Banjolele coming out from Ohana soon? I hope so. Thanks ken!

Ken Middleton
03-31-2010, 08:33 AM
What's the price range on those Ohana resonators (especially the Vita Uke models)?

Also, is there gonna be an affordable Banjolele coming out from Ohana soon? I hope so. Thanks ken!

The resonator part of the resos is completed hand-made and hand-finished in the UK. They are not going to be cheap. And we have not finalised the price yet. But they will sound amazing.

You need to try one. They will be available to try at the shows/festivals in Belper, Paris, Sarzana, Dallas, Cheltenham, Germany and maybe others.

I am sure that we will make a banjo-uke at some point. We will make the best-sounding one we can. Affordable? There will always be people who say that it is too expensive, no matter what price we sell it.

Hope this helps.

pdxuke
03-31-2010, 04:07 PM
There are also a few beautiful sopranos that I know you will like, Alan.

Oh, ME too. Any pictures of the sopranos?

Ken Middleton
03-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Oh, ME too. Any pictures of the sopranos?

Not yet. The boxes have only just arrived back from Frankfurt. I will try to post some pictures as soon as I can.