New Ohana ukes at Frankfurt

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Here are some of the new Ohana ukuleles on show at this year's Musikmesse at Frankfurt.

IMG_5423..jpg

Click on the picture and you will see our new resonators, the tenor 5 string and a 10 string tiple.

Last edited:
The way you use "our" prompts me to ask if you have some kind of affiliation with Ohana, Ken??

The way you use "our" prompts me to ask if you have some kind of affiliation with Ohana, Ken??

He does. He's an absolutely great rep who truley knows and loves his product. If you have any questions, he's always been very helpful. Thanks again Mr. Middleton!

OMG TIPLE! I've been dying to get one for a while and just can't find an old one in decent condition at a fair price. Any idea when this will be available to the public??

OMG TIPLE! I've been dying to get one for a while and just can't find an old one in decent condition at a fair price. Any idea when this will be available to the public??

Probably in the summer. But there may be one or two available earlier than that. The resonator part of each one is hand assembled in England. They take time to build.

Oooh! Reso-Vitas! Any idea what DRC means? (_____ resonator cone?)

:love: Is that 5 string what I think it is??? Is it a High G/ Low G arrangement on one ukulele? If it is, that is something I have wanted to try for ages. I hope it will come in a gloss finish too!!!!

–Lori

:love: Is that 5 string what I think it is??? Is it a High G/ Low G arrangement on one ukulele? If it is, that is something I have wanted to try for ages. I hope it will come in a gloss finish too!!!!

–Lori

It is already in a gloss finish, Lori. I loved it. I will be taking it to several festivals fior people to try out: Paris, Dallas, Sarzana, Cheltenham, etc. Available soon.

Oh, and the answer is yes. It has high G and low G. You can even fingerpick it carefully and just play the high G if you want to.

It is already in a gloss finish, Lori. I loved it. I will be taking it to several festivals fior people to try out: Paris, Dallas, Sarzana, Cheltenham, etc. Available soon.

Oh, and the answer is yes. It has high G and low G. You can even fingerpick it carefully and just play the high G if you want to.

Wow! In what sizes will it be offered? Is it mahogany? Any more details you can reveal???

–Lori

OH...GREAT!! I had almost made up my mind to get the cedar top willow back & sides tenor, and now they come up with more options. Can UAS be terminal?

What's the tuning on that 10 string tiple and any idea on price?

What's the tuning on that 10 string tiple and any idea on price?

The tuning is the same as a uke

1st = high A, high A
2nd = high E, low E, high E
3rd = high C, low C, high C
4th = high G, low G

All metral strings.

Haven't decided the price yet, but should be available by the early summer. I will most likely show it at the Lone Star Fest in Dallas next month.

In size it is quite a bit deeper than a a tenor.

Here is a photo of Daniela, owner of Aquila Strings, playing one of the new resonators.

IMG_5444..jpg

Daniela says she loved it as soon as she saw it.

Aquila strings continue, in my opinion, to be the top ukulele string manufacturer.

Their stand at Frankfurt was very busy all week.

Hey Ken... All these new Ohana's coming out but what about their old standbys? I have been searching for the Ohana TK-50G for a long time now and I can't find one anywhere.... What's up with that? .... ;)

Top Bottom