PDA

View Full Version : Cerritos ukulele festival

Ukulele Jim
03-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know what's going on with the California uke fest this year? Is it happening? I see the website (www.ukulelefestival.org) is gone.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

wickedwahine11
03-30-2010, 02:03 PM
I heard that it was not happening this year. That's too bad as it was a lot of fun last year. The Northern California festival is also a no-go, which means the only California uke festival this year appears to be the Wine Country one in September (which I'm looking forward to attending).

If anyone knows anyone with the ability to make it happen, I would love to see the SoCal one back again. :(

MGM
03-30-2010, 02:09 PM
I sure wish Susan had support so she could run the sc fest again seemed to have less politics involved too bad
On the bright side the Napa Valley was one of the classiest and most beautiful festivals I have ever attended

GVlog
03-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Perhaps it has run into funding challenges as has the Northern California Ukulele Festival. After 16 years, this festival may not materialize in 2010. See: http://www.ukulelefestivalnorcal.org/

My recommendation to both organizing groups is that they should switch to biennial festivals as are the Healdsburg Guitar Festival (http://www.lmii.com/GuitarFestival/) (NorCal) and La Guitarra (http://www.laguitarracalifornia.com/) (SoCal). Both of these guitar festivals draw huge talent and crowds and I suspect this is partly because they occur only once every two years.

ghostrdr
03-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Darn. I was hoping to go to the cerritos one this year.

Huckleberry
03-30-2010, 03:22 PM
The 8th Annual Inland Empire Ukulele Festival is scheduled for May 4th at Grand Terrace,CA just south of Loma Linda. Never attended before so can't say much about it.
It's at 22633 Barton Rd. Starts at 9:30 am.

ricdoug
03-30-2010, 08:59 PM
I'll call Charlie Kiaha about it later in the day. Any who have not attended the Inland Empre Ukulele Festival are missing a real treat:

Ukulele Festival on Tuesday May 4, 2010.

A few of us are heading up there for the festivities. Carol Bonomo and I
attended last year. There were clubs from all around the southern California
area. We represented the Ukulele Society of America (the only San Diego area
group attending) playing Makaha Valley as a duet. There were children groups,
hula troops, clubs, guest stars and individual performers. Mitch Chang of the
Southern California Slack Key Festival performed slack key on the Ukulele.

It started with each group playing a couple of representative songs and then
rotating to the next group. All this was while seated! Then a large buffet style
Island lunch (more than you could eat!) with deserts and drinks, too! This was
followed by a guest performer.

At the entrance, there was a signup sheet for the open mic following the guest
performer. I'll have to admit it was probaly the most enjoyment I've had for $10
bucks in a long time! See y'all there. If enough of us attend, we can perform
seated as the Ukulele Society of America. Thanks to Ernie Pruden for making us
aware of this event. Ric Douglas (760)458-6656

Eighth Annual Inland Empire Ukulele Festival
Tuesday May 4, 2010 - 9:30am to 3:30pm
22633 Barton Road
Grand Terrace, California 92313
$10 bucks includes lunch
Bring your ukulele and music stand
Open mic and performances!
Clubs invited
Ukulele and Music vendors
Call (909)796-8934 to reserve your tickets

ricdoug
04-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Cerritos is happening this year!

I talked with Charlie Kiaha and Iilima Russell
of Moana and they are working on a new
website. I will post more details when they
come out.

Some more exciting news is that there will be
a ukulele festival in San Francisco in September
of this year.

Stay tuned and avoid any rumors that state the
demise of these festivals. They are definitely
happening. Ric

salukulady
04-16-2010, 08:02 PM

come out.

of this year.

happening. Ric

Thanks for clearing this up Ric. Lot's of rumors floating around. Good to know it's still on. Yay!

wickedwahine11
04-18-2010, 07:43 AM

come out.

of this year.

happening. Ric

Thanks Ric, I was really bummed when I heard it was going to happen this year. Now I won't have to drive all the way to Napa for a uke festival this year. :)

salukulady
07-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Cerritos Uklele Festival will be on October 2nd, 2010.

Honu
07-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Yes!!! Finally after three years of having to work during the festival I get to go!!! Woohoo!! Thanks for telling us!

salukulady
07-31-2010, 07:30 AM
Hey Ric,
You need to clear you PM box, it's full. I was wanting to get ahold of the organizers of this event. Could you PM me, please? I'd like to talk with you.
Thanks, Sally

Lori
07-31-2010, 09:28 AM
Hey Ric,
You need to clear you PM box, it's full. I was wanting to get ahold of the organizers of this event. Could you PM me, please? I'd like to talk with you.
Thanks, Sally
I would like a contact number too. I understand they are busy planning, but there is no website yet. I hear the planners are not very likely to respond to email, so any help would be appreciated.
–Lori

Ukulele Jim
08-02-2010, 09:57 AM
I'd love to get the contact info for the organizers if anyone has it. Thanks.

SailingUke
08-03-2010, 05:29 AM
I just got this in an e-mail, hope to see y'all there.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/SCUF_2010_FLIER.jpg (http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/SCUF_2010_FLIER.jpg)

Honu
08-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Any word on a new website yet? I can't wait to but my tickets.

salukulady
08-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Any word on a new website yet? I can't wait to but my tickets.Doesn't appear to be one.

ukulelehoo
08-17-2010, 02:02 PM
I emailed on August 7th asking for information to the email on the flyer, but have yet to receive a reply.

ricdoug
08-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Charlie Kiaha: (818)522-6066

Cathy Kiaha: (818)717-8833

edgar44
09-04-2010, 04:05 AM
Is the festival happening? Where and when...Cerritos, Ca? I've missed every year since becoming involved in playing three years ago. Is there a website?

Ed

Ukulele Jim
09-04-2010, 06:06 AM
I'll be going this year, but only to shop from the vendors. I emailed the organizers about the concert and luau, asking specifically if there was a different price for children's tickets. Their reply gave me the impression that children were unwelcome and discouraged from attending the concert, so I'm not going to that.

ricdoug
09-04-2010, 06:25 AM
There's a slight misunderstanding there, Jim. Children under 12 will attend the concert for free. There will be a stage outside all day, with artists performing throughout the day. This is fresh from their website:

http://www.californiaukulelefestival.com

9th Annual Southern California Ukulele Festival
In cooperation with the City of Cerritos
Saturday, October 2, 2010
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
At the Cerritos Park East Community Center
13234 E. 166th St., Cerritos, CA (between Carmenita and
Shoemaker)
Free continuous Ukulele Clubs Entertainment during the day in the Main Hall
• Up to 50 hours of workshops
• Arts and Crafts (small fee payable at craft area)
• Workshops and demonstrations from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• All levels of Ukulele workshops, Songs, Hula, Slack Key guitar and ukulele, Hawaiian Steel
guitar, and many more.
• Vendors - Festival Merchandise, Music books and accessories, Instruments, Clothing,
Miscellaneous
• Food will be available for purchase
• Opportunity Drawing tickets available for wonderful prizes. All proceeds from the drawing goes
to the Ukuleles for Kids program.
• Luau and Evening Concert featuring Aldrine Guerrero, Victoria Vox, and Fred Thompson.
• Luau tickets are ONLY AVAILABLE thru pre-festival mail order before September 24, 2010.
• NO LUAU TICKETS WILL BE SOLD ON EVENT DAY.
• Children 12 years and under get free admission with a paid adult to the concert only. Children
over 12 years old are considered adults at this event.
• Tickets for the workshops, luau, and Concert available thru preorder mail.
• Tickets for the workshops and the concert will be available at the event.
• The event is free to persons not planning on attending the workshops, luau, or concert.
• The Ukulele Festival will be held rain or shine.
• All scheduled performances are subject to change.
ALL SALES FINAL. NO REFUNDS, NO EXCEPTIONS
Vendors:
Vendors interested in information regarding the Ukulele Festival may email Stephanie Stewart
at irussell@socal.rr.com
Ticket page
Tickets for workshops, luau, and concert are available thru mail pre-order.
Tickets for workshop and concert only will be available at the event.
NO LUAU TICKETS will be sold at the event.
There is no pre-registration for the workshops. They are on a first come-first served basis.
Please refer to the workshop schedule to plan your day. (TBA)
All events will be held at Cerritos Park East Community Center.
Please make ticket selections carefully. There will be no refunds or
exchanges.
Please include a stamped self-addressed envelope with your order or tickets will be held at the
information center.
Please make checks payable to: CALIFORNIA UKULELE FESTIVALS
Tickets will be mailed out in order received beginning on August 17th, 2010.
Ticket Prices: PRESALE AT EVENT
Workshops $22.00 $25.00
Luau/Concert (limit 300) $40.00 -----------
Concert only $20.00 $25.00
Combo (Workshops/Luau/Concert) $50.00 -----------
Event t-shirts $15.00 (sm, med, lg, xl, xxl) preorder and at event
(Pre-ordered t-shirts to be picked up at event))
Ticket Order Form
(Please print)
Name_____________________________________________

Address__________________________________________

City and State____________________________________________

Zip code_________________________________

Phone#____________________________
Email address____________________________
# Combination tickets (workshops, luau, Concert) @ $50.00 ___________
# Workshop only tickets @$22.00 ___________
# Luau/ Concert tickets @$40.00 ___________
# Concert only tickets @$20.00 ___________
Event t-shirts@ $15.00 each (pickup at event) ___________
Sm______ M______ L______ XL______ ___________
Mail this form and payment, along with a SASE to:

California Ukulele Festivals
20519 Michale Street
Winnetka, CA 91306
Contact - irussell@socal.rr.com

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/SCUF_2010_FLIER.jpg

Ukulele Jim
09-04-2010, 06:20 PM
When I asked the event coordinator what the pricing was for kids, I got this message back:

"We don't really have children's pricing, but I will make an exception if a special request is made. Last year at the festival, we did not get any requests. You may order a ticket for a child for $25.00. Please make a note of it on your ticket order, and as with the regular tickets, there are no refunds or exchanges. In past years, venue has been free for the festival to take place. Last year, we had to pay for the use of the park. Also, we still have to pay the caterer no matter what size plate is served. Thank you for understanding."

The attitude of "in your case we'll make an exception, if you ask, but you'll pay full price" sounds to me like a polite way of saying "leave your brats at home".

salukulady
09-14-2010, 03:11 PM
When I asked the event coordinator what the pricing was for kids, I got this message back:

"We don't really have children's pricing, but I will make an exception if a special request is made. Last year at the festival, we did not get any requests. You may order a ticket for a child for $25.00. Please make a note of it on your ticket order, and as with the regular tickets, there are no refunds or exchanges. In past years, venue has been free for the festival to take place. Last year, we had to pay for the use of the park. Also, we still have to pay the caterer no matter what size plate is served. Thank you for understanding."

The attitude of "in your case we'll make an exception, if you ask, but you'll pay full price" sounds to me like a polite way of saying "leave your brats at home".I got a few uke playing brats I could bring.....

wickedwahine11
09-14-2010, 04:00 PM
I have to say, I'm a little bummed they still have not announced the workshops yet on their webpage. I certainly don't want to commit to buying a ticket until I see what type of workshops will be offered. For right now, I think I may just drop by MGM's booth and the other vendors. Does anyone in the know have any information on what type of workshops/instructors will be present so I can make a more informed decision on whether to purchase a ticket?

janeray1940
09-14-2010, 04:19 PM
I saw a flyer that said the workshops included Ali Lexa, Aldrine, Derick Sebastian, Fred Thompson, Victoria Vox, Joe Souza, Uncle Charley, Tomas Delgado, Shirley Orlando, Uncle Lincoln, John Trino, Chuck Kaimikaua, Pete Kahele, Toni Stewart, Iolana Kaimikaua, Carol Wong. Subject to change, of course. I've been told that you can get tickets for the workshops on the same day, so I figured I'd just go and make my decision in person when the workshop schedule is finalized.

salukulady
09-14-2010, 04:20 PM
I have to say, I'm a little bummed they still have not announced the workshops yet on their webpage. I certainly don't want to commit to buying a ticket until I see what type of workshops will be offered. For right now, I think I may just drop by MGM's booth and the other vendors. Does anyone in the know have any information on what type of workshops/instructors will be present so I can make a more informed decision on whether to purchase a ticket? I emailed them and they said they were not posting it on the internet but I gave them my address and they mailed a schedule to me very quickly.

Ronnie Aloha
09-14-2010, 04:42 PM
I think I'm with you Staci. I'll probably leave about 2 or so to get to the USC game so I'll miss the luau.

mds725
09-14-2010, 05:59 PM
I emailed them and they said they were not posting it on the internet but I gave them my address and they mailed a schedule to me very quickly.

Are you able to post/share the workshop schedule that was sent to you?

wickedwahine11
09-14-2010, 06:16 PM
I think I'm with you Staci. I'll probably leave about 2 or so to get to the USC game so I'll miss the luau.

Yeah, that is why I'm passing on the luau as well. Though I'm watching the game at home. Ugh, hasn't been the best year to be a Trojan fan so far.

Hope to see some of you UU'ers there...I'll probably wear my teal UU shirt and matching Converse shoes. I might bring along the Kamaka or PS just in case the workshops sound appealing though. :)

kriquit
09-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Cerritos Uklele Festival will be on October 2nd, 2010.
Yay! I'm going :) I've never been to a uke fest, I'm excited to see a bunch of ukers in one place! I just watched a youtube vid of the UU both at the 2009 fest and was like, "Whoa, there's Aldrine! Wow! There's uke Bartt! Hey, that's Gerald Ross!" Too cool! Super excited, but I don't have anyone to go with :( I'm gonna have to convince my sweetie or my mommy to come with me ;)

Ronnie Aloha
09-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Yay! I'm going :) I've never been to a uke fest, I'm excited to see a bunch of ukers in one place! I just watched a youtube vid of the UU both at the 2009 fest and was like, "Whoa, there's Aldrine! Wow! There's uke Bartt! Hey, that's Gerald Ross!" Too cool! Super excited, but I don't have anyone to go with :( I'm gonna have to convince my sweetie or my mommy to come with me ;)

I went by myself last year and it was probably for the best. I was there from 9 am and was one of the last ones to leave the luau at night! Going by yourself allows you to pick whatever workshop you want to go to and not have to worry about what someone else wants to do.

Lori
09-23-2010, 05:35 PM
I just came from the Wine Country Ukulele Festival. Ukulele people are really nice and friendly, so don't worry about going alone. Come by and say hi at the Uke Leash booth! I love to meet UU members, and I may have to mind the booth alone for part of the time, so please come by. I hope UU has a booth again this year, because I could use a new UU t-shirt (if they have the teal one especially).

–Lori

Harold O.
09-23-2010, 06:14 PM
I just came from the Wine Country Ukulele Festival. Ukulele people are really nice and friendly, so don't worry about going alone. Come by and say hi at the Uke Leash booth! I love to meet UU members, and I may have to mind the booth alone for part of the time, so please come by. I hope UU has a booth again this year, because I could use a new UU t-shirt (if they have the teal one especially).

–Lori

Pretty safe to say that Lori will not be staffing the booth alone all day.

Landshark
09-23-2010, 08:20 PM
does anybody have a different e-mail address for info the one posted here comes back as not working

Lori
09-24-2010, 06:03 AM
Pretty safe to say that Lori will not be staffing the booth alone all day.
Thanks Harold! You were a BIG help at the Inland Empire Ukulele Festival. Like I said, Ukulele people are really nice, and Harold is one of the nicest I have met so far.
–Lori

kriquit
09-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi! Does anyone know if concert/luau tickets are still available? I tried to inquire through email, but it seems the email address is out of order. Oh! And I told my mom about the fest and she wants to come with me! We will definitely stop by and say hi Lori :) Also a question: is it a good idea to bring my uke then for workshops and stuff? Even if I'm a beginner-ish???

Ronnie Aloha
09-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Hi! Does anyone know if concert/luau tickets are still available? I tried to inquire through email, but it seems the email address is out of order. Oh! And I told my mom about the fest and she wants to come with me! We will definitely stop by and say hi Lori :) Also a question: is it a good idea to bring my uke then for workshops and stuff? Even if I'm a beginner-ish???

Yes, bring your uke or leave it at home and buy a new one there! Mom might buy it for you! The workshops typically vary in difficulty so you should be fine.

I'll be picking up two there myself.

ricdoug
09-24-2010, 06:49 PM
The luau tickets MUST be purchased in advance. Call Stephanie at:

(818)322-8026

for more guidance. The nice people that run this festival are also performing musicians and may not be able to respond to your E-Mails for long periods of time. A phone call is quicker.

Lori and Harold, I'll se y'all there! Ric

itsme
09-24-2010, 08:54 PM
• The event is free to persons not planning on attending the workshops, luau, or concert.
I am trying to sell my husband on this point. I wouldn't want to drive that far by myself (I hate driving and it stresses me out) but hopefully I can convince him it would be a nice day trip and we could maybe have dinner out somewhere on the way back. :) He offered to take me out for dinner on my birthday recently but I said we really couldn't afford it (we ended up ordering Dominos instead - hey, at least I didn't have to cook!), so perhaps I can parlay this into a late BD present.

It sucks when neither of you are working and even the cost of gas for a day trip becomes a real consideration. :(

kriquit
09-25-2010, 10:01 AM
The luau tickets MUST be purchased in advance. Call Stephanie at:

(818)322-8026

for more guidance. The nice people that run this festival are also performing musicians and may not be able to respond to your E-Mails for long periods of time. A phone call is quicker.

Lori and Harold, I'll se y'all there! Ric
Thanks for the help! I just called and left a voicemail. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe I can still get tickets to the luau and concert, but I know it's a long shot.

kriquit
09-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Yay! I ordered my tickets last night! See y'all at the luau and concert :D So excited to see Aldrine play somewhere other than the 3" x 5" inch square on my computer, tee hee :D I got a ticket for my mom too, but she called me this afternoon and told me she threw out her back :( Might end up alone again and now instead of no ticket, I'll might have an EXTRA ticket...sheesh, it's either feast or famine with me. I hope she feels better by Sat.

Ukulele Bartt
09-29-2010, 07:58 PM
The Cerritos fest promo has been pretty sparse, I have to admit. I'm teaching two workshops. There's not much info on the official festival website, but I'll be doing a workshop at 11 and another one later in the afternoon, so I hope to see some of you UUers! I've heard a lot of people wondering where the info is, so I thought I'd at least make it clear about my own workshops. They'll be great! See you Saturday!

salukulady
09-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Good idea Bartt....The Barefoot Wahines will be playing on Ric Doug's outdoor stage at 10:30. Stop by and say hello!

spruce
10-01-2010, 04:54 AM
See ya'll there.....

Ronnie Aloha
10-01-2010, 05:57 AM
The Cerritos fest promo has been pretty sparse, I have to admit. I'm teaching two workshops. There's not much info on the official festival website, but I'll be doing a workshop at 11 and another one later in the afternoon, so I hope to see some of you UUers! I've heard a lot of people wondering where the info is, so I thought I'd at least make it clear about my own workshops. They'll be great! See you Saturday!

I've been surprised at how little the organizers have promoted the event. They have been very last minute with everything and have been very lax in communication. I know the event takes a lot of time and effort but they seemed more on the ball last year. I would be surprised if the event is as well-attended as last year. I hope it is so that they can see it is a viable event.

Landshark
10-01-2010, 11:12 PM
There is a link
http://www.californiaukulelefestival.com/event/cerritos/workshops.php

ricdoug
10-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Heading out in 15 minutes. See y'all there! Ric

Ronnie Aloha
10-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Just got back. Smaller crowd this year as anticipated due to the lack of publicity. Much more energy out there last year. It was still fun.

spruce
10-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Here's (http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee22/e_stamp/uke%20fest/) a few pics of today's festivities....

cletus
10-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Cool pics! Looks like it was fun. How about that chick with the uke leash!

itsme
10-02-2010, 02:08 PM
I snapped a few as well.

molokinirum
10-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Great pics, thanks for posting them, looks like it was a good festival!

itsme
10-02-2010, 02:42 PM

I managed to resist temptation and not buy anything other than a tank of gas to get us there.

But I did play a cute little pink Dolphin and decided it wasn't bad at all. My husband's buddy came over last night and mentioned he'd bought a toy guitar for his 5-year-old daughter and she played it til the strings broke.

I said maybe she's ready for a real instrument and we got to talking about ukes, he checked out mine and seemed pretty impressed. I think there may be a Dolphin in his little girl's future. :)

Lori
10-02-2010, 06:38 PM
I think it was a pretty good Ukulele Festival... pretty well attended, and Uke Leash business was good. Thanks to all the UU members who stopped by and said hi. Great to see you all enjoying the day, and it is so fun meeting people face to face. So many people went out of their way to be helpful and kind! I had many helpers throughout the day, and I am very grateful for their efforts. I couldn't have made it through the day without you all. You're the best! So a giant Mahalo to you all! I didn't get to look at the booths much (probably just as well, because there looked like some nice merchandise around there) so I escaped without buying anything! I managed to snap a few quick photos between customers.
–Lori

itsme
10-02-2010, 07:23 PM
I didn't get to look at the booths much (probably just as well, because there looked like some nice merchandise around there) so I escaped without buying anything!
I hear ya! But if I had been out to buy a uke today, I would have been in hog heaven. So many to choose from.

And it was nice to meet you, Lori. :)

janeray1940
10-02-2010, 07:45 PM
I promised myself that the only thing I was allowed to buy was a Kamaka pineapple, if one was there and spoke to me. Fortunately for my bank account, none of the vendors seemed to have one.

I'm having non-buyer's remorse over a sweet little soprano that MGM had for sale - so much that after driving all the way home to Santa Monica, I *almost* turned around and went back to Cerritos!

mm stan
10-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Aloha Spruce, It'sme, and Lori...Mahalo nui for sharingthe photo's, I really enjoyed it and
it looked very much fun.....Enjoy and have fun ukeing!!!!and "Keep strumming them strings"
MM Stan...

edgar44
10-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Just got home from da Festival in Cerritos...wonderful. Aldrinde and Ryan gave a great concert and Victoria Vox was amazing! I spent over a half a ton of dough and loved it. My first of many uke festivals to come. I think that the couple that took over did a wonderful job considering all the red tape that has to go on. Mahalo to all who participated!

edgar44
10-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Lori,
Thanks for the leash...I'm looking forward to using it. Great festival...I agree!

Lexxy
10-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Hey itsme,

The second post which you had a picture of a koaloha up close, is the headstock...a tad bit special when joining the fretboard???

SuperSecretBETA
10-02-2010, 08:23 PM
My poor bank account! Kanile'a hooked me in with a K-1 C Premium.
A friend of mine got a sweet Kala KA-KB Baritone too.

Lexxy
10-02-2010, 08:25 PM

sweeeet looking uke!!! How much did you get it for?

SuperSecretBETA
10-02-2010, 08:43 PM
sweeeet looking uke!!! How much did you get it for?

Huge amounts. I really should have haggled it down. DOH!
900 USD <-- highlight

mds725
10-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Hey itsme,

The second post which you had a picture of a koaloha up close, is the headstock...a tad bit special when joining the fretboard???

To me, it looks like there's a reddish-colored string that attaches a tag (seen partially hidden by the neck) to the ukulele. The string appears to be draped across the headstock at an angle, creating the impression that bottom of the headstock (where it meets the fretboard) is jagged. If you look closely, the wood color of the headstock meets the fretboard in a straight line below the string.

wickedwahine11
10-03-2010, 08:21 AM

Oh! I think that was the one I was drooling over! I settled for a Kanile'a tshirt and two of their microfiber cloths. Nice purchase, congratulations. :)

SuperSecretBETA
10-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Oh! I think that was the one I was drooling over! I settled for a Kanile'a tshirt and two of their microfiber cloths. Nice purchase, congratulations. :)

Actually, I did notice a little drool that I had to wipe off. Maybe it was yours! haha

Teek
10-03-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm sorry I missed it since I had been planning on going. I had a few um, uh accidents on eBay and ended up bidding on and winning a number of sopranos and I won't even say because I don't want any more competition, but they are making me laugh! That and adding a Kamaka pineapple to the herd a month ago and working like a dog for too long at work and having a cold made go ehhh. Then when I reminded my better half that it was the uke fest day and I was ok with missing it, and mentioned that you had to have tickets for the concert and luau (I'm thinking the luau was a migraine induced hallucination?) he said we can still get tickets at the gate I'll bet! D'oh! I coulda had a driver!

But I saw a Ko'Aloha in a photo that would have had to leave with me so it's just as well for my bank account at least, since the rent keeps being due every month.

lawaia
10-04-2010, 01:09 PM
I couldn't make the festival or luau, but drove down for the concert. I showed up a little late (7:30) and the girl at the counter told me it was sold out. Bummer. Then she told me that the concert was almost over, and that the last performer was on stage.:confused:

The flyer said the concert was 7pm-10pm. I was really confused and disappointed. I did get to see and hear a little Victoria Vox from outside in the hallway. She is awesome! Really made me more bummed that I missed the show! I was looking forward to hearing Aldrine play also.

Wish there would have been better promo and info. Hope there is a festival next year. I will definitely plan better!